60's

lynxstudio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, lynxstudio said:

Don't you like the designs?

It is not a question of like or not like.  It is a question as to whether or not this fits the purpose of this forum.  Firstly this is not the place to advertise your designs.  If we all did that this would become a blog page and not a forum.

3 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

It is not a question of like or not like.  It is a question as to whether or not this fits the purpose of this forum.  Firstly this is not the place to advertise your designs.  If we all did that this would become a blog page and not a forum.

Ok should i have asked if you have more contacts with 60's designs and apps it's a forum topic about 60's

2 minutes ago, lynxstudio said:

Ok should i have asked if you have more contacts with 60's designs and apps it's a forum topic about 60's

If you had titled it 60s Fashion in SL, that might have been an interesting topic.  However, you posted random pics that aren't necessarily of 60s fashion.  The last one actually looks more like something from the 50s.  Goth has nothing to do with the 60s so that one doesn't belong either.

But anyway....

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

If you had titled it 60s Fashion in SL, that might have been an interesting topic.  However, you posted random pics that aren't necessarily of 60s fashion.  The last one actually looks more like something from the 50s.  Goth has nothing to do with the 60s so that one doesn't belong either.

But anyway....

I agree is there any 60's contacts 

Thank you

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

Vanity Hair has a couple 60s style hairs.

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Now that's an interesting topic.  Where are some places that sell 60s style clothing in SL.  What are some 60s type places to take pictures, with 60s cars and such. 

I know Neve has a few outfits that always make me think go-go dancer.  Coco too.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

ORLY?

The subculture took form in the early 80's, as a branch of the punk subculture. That doesn't mean that there weren't 'gothic' stuff around before then, the Addams family certainly being one of those things that would eventually inspire the fashion (Morticia pretty much being the embodiment of romantic goth).

That particular film adaptation is from 1991 though. ^_^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Photo 1: So small, can't see it

Photo 2: So small again, and only shows the back of your body. Why oh why?

Photo 3: Terrible lighting. 

Photo 4: Yikes what is happening here? Looks like clothing wasn't rezzed or you were wearing one outfit over the other. 

Photo 5: Prisoner chic

Thank you 

5 it's 50's 

Any ideas for 60's?

Best, 

Those are not 60s clothes nor could you call it loosely inspired by that era....First few years trends resembled the 50s but with the introduction of mini skirt, graphic and psychedelic patterns,  bright colors, short hairstyles/pixie cut and different body type (Twiggy, Mary Quant etc)...Towards the end of the decade, we see drastic changes with  hippy counterculture emerging, Vietnam war protests, Civil rights movement, overall anti-establishment sentiment and rebellion against the tradition, fashion trends reflect that... Lots of oriental influences  mostly from India and Africa (patterns, color palette, traditional pieces ), unisex clothes (i.e. Jimmy Hendrix, or the Who styling), loose fitting garment, long hairstyles, hand made accessories and so much more (for references; Woodstock festival)..

This was the shortest description I could give without boring everyone to death, hope it helps..

In order to recreate this look in SL, I`m afraid you will have to go hunt for individual pieces, luckily some of those items have had a revival recently (patterns, ruffles, bell bottom, high waist pants, long gipsy skirts, heavy accessories and so on)

I have not seen anything in any of those pictures posted thus far that comes even close to representing the 60's.  The description given in the above post is pretty accurate These pics are from SL several years back created for an event like Woodstock. They are typical of the later 60's .. the Hippie movement. Snapshot_012.png.b7207087d12c5e3f958dc8001bf6c8bd.pngSnapshot_001.png.ba2851d18cc8eae55562308beeba9a4d.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.