Jump to content

Begging spam inworld for abandoning homes


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

very annoying fenomenon at several of my accounts, she has seen posts( during months)  in the LH threads and contacting inworld to be notified if a home is abandoned...

I'm confused.  Do you mean, people message you (or your alt), asking you to tell them if you intend to abandon a specific home you own?

Or do you mean, people asking in public on a thread or in Belli to be notified if a home of a certain type (e.g. Log with front view of water) is going to be abandoned?

These two cases seem very different to me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm confused.  Do you mean, people message you (or your alt), asking you to tell them if you intend to abandon a specific home you own?

Or do you mean, people asking in public on a thread or in Belli to be notified if a home of a certain type (e.g. Log with front view of water) is going to be abandoned?

These two cases seem very different to me.

 

27 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

contacting inworld

:)  not for a specific one, but several alts of me, and even two that only posted once, months ago on the forums. ( nobody knows these names so it's no friend messing :)  )

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So people are belatedly contacting you about a home one of your alts posted about and then abandoned months ago, to ask about it?  Just attempting to confirm your information for us a little more clearly, thank you Alwin.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

So people are belatedly contacting you about a home one of your alts posted about and then abandoned months ago, to ask about it?  Just attempting to confirm your information for us a little more clearly, thank you Alwin.

I got the feeling he was being spammed by someone wanting to know if/when he is going to abandon his current properties.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I got the feeling he was being spammed by someone wanting to know if/when he is going to abandon his current properties.

Yeah, the information is a bit confusing.  Hopefully Alwin can clarify a bit more so we understand the annoyance they are experiencing.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you know, that  doesn't happen to me - I don't get spammed by people wanting homes, Alwin.  I don't hop as much as some, so maybe I'm just not a great target for that sort of thing.  Is it a lot of different names doing it, so that blocking them is impractical?

Are you absolutely SURE it isn't some friend - or less-than-friend - doing it?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I got the feeling he was being spammed by someone wanting to know if/when he is going to abandon his current properties.

This is exactly how I read it. Over months, he (and/or his alts) have posted in the forums about parcels they caught. Someone is messaging him (and/or his alts) in world wanting to know if he abandons these parcels. 

If it's just one person messaging, I would just block them if they are being annoying about it. If they only asked once, that's not spam, so I'm assuming they are asking repeatedly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The truly pathetic part besides someone repeatedly harassing another resident to find out if they are going to abandon their home is the fact that even if they were planning to abandon said home...there is no guarantee the annoying person will get that home after it's abandoned. 

🙄

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have posted about places I am about to release in attractive places. But I have not been spammed. I think the most is 3 persons contacting me about one house. And two for the others.

I want people to contact me so we can agree about a release time. I then send the persons info that I will release this property xx PM/AM SL time. Since we are many that does it this way, it has becone the "norm"? Or people think it is the "norm".

I think, if we do not want to be contacted, just release?

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify what I mean
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if Alwin would return and clarify the issue for us. As it is, I *think* he means he has posted not in the GOH thread, but in other LH threads (probably "Beautiful Abandons"), showing nice homes he has caught, and that someone has been pestering him to release those nice homes.

But... it would be nice to know, once a thread has been started, what the OP is talking about.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, RitaCallisto said:

This is one reason I never really posted houses I got anywhere(save for one). I could keep or abandon freely. Had some pretty darn nice ones once upon a time, too.

I have the OP blocked so no idea what he's been posting, but if he's been running around boasting about all the amazing houses he's caught then unfortunately I can see that attracting attention from fellow house collectors who are bored waiting for stilts.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usagihara said:

I have the OP blocked so no idea what he's been posting, but if he's been running around boasting about all the amazing houses he's caught then unfortunately I can see that attracting attention from fellow house collectors who are bored waiting for stilts.

He doesn't brag about his amazing Bellisseria locations - of any type home - any more than anyone else around here that is playing Game of Homes.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

He doesn't brag about his amazing Bellisseria locations - of any type home - any more than anyone else around here that is playing Game of Homes.

I think someone just came into a thread started by a person she has on ignore, just so she could take a shot at him. 🙄

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, usagihara said:

I have the OP blocked so no idea what he's been posting, but if he's been running around boasting about all the amazing houses he's caught then unfortunately I can see that attracting attention from fellow house collectors who are bored waiting for stilts.

I don't know Alwin, but from his past posts he isn't even the sort to brag about anything. At least from what I can see. Besides that, no one has the right to harass him about when and if he will release his home or homes. 😲

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...