Teleport Issues are NOT fixed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Aishagain said:

@Ardy LayA fine idea but I cannot for the life of me decide what exactly I'd call the bug!  It's not as if it is that frequent really, just more frequent thna I am used to.

How about "My attempts to teleport are ##% successful.  I am accustomed to and expect ##% success rate when teleporting."  Maybe attach viewer logs and video clips of failed teleport attempts and all the requisite software and hardware information.

These teleport disconnects ARE NOT FIXED!!!!

I was just logged out as I started writing this.... imagine that!

It's making me furious! Why would LL say a fix has been implemented when it obviously has not...Does the fix need fixing???

I've been logged out during teleports these last two months more than all my time in SL which I can probably count on both hands.

Every time I get logged out, which is at least every 2-5 teleports, changes I made to my avatar are lost or things I bought are gone from inventory recent. I wonder what else I missed.

I'm 100% sure 90 % who are experiencing these TP log outs do not report them. Take this into consideration.

Just because some of you are not experiencing this doe NOT mean there is no problem. Those of us reporting obviously are being logged out during TPs.

This madness has to stop! This has been going on since at least Oct 2/2020

Linden Lab you need to put this at the top of your priority list!!!

• Like 1

I discovered something very interesting lately about this problem.  Normally I crash about every 3rd TP.  However, I have found that if I fly up to about 250m and TP to the next sim I'm going to also at 250m up I almost never crash.  It's a very tedious work around but it may tell the devs something if they are reading this.

• Like 2

Imagin, you shouldn't have do anything to try to make TPs work correctly. That's Linden Lab's job.

I tried the suggestion of deleting all cache and settings and starting fresh. For me it doesn't work, TP log outs are still happening. Why some people are not effected and others are is unknown.

It's very frustrating to know this will probably never be fixed since LL seem to think it has been fixed....

44 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:

A long time ago, before this issue was an issue, I used to have trouble with TPs.  I dropped my bandwidth quite low.  That helped a lot.  I don't have problems with TPs anymore. 

Tried it, didn't work.  This is a very different problem than just having trouble with TPs.  I NEVER had problems before this started but now I crash about every 3rd TP.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Layla Honi said:

Imagin, you shouldn't have do anything to try to make TPs work correctly. That's Linden Lab's job.

I tried the suggestion of deleting all cache and settings and starting fresh. For me it doesn't work, TP log outs are still happening. Why some people are not effected and others are is unknown.

It's very frustrating to know this will probably never be fixed since LL seem to think it has been fixed....

I agree, it's the most frustrating problem I've had in SL.  I run a 261 region estate and have to TP a lot every day to do my job.  It's insane what I'm now willing to do to try and avoid crashing.  I NEVER crashed before this started happening.  The Lab does know it's not fixed but I understand that it's only happening to about 2% of people in SL and they have no idea why it's happening or how to fix it.  I suspect it's not at the top of their priority list right now. 

• Sad 1

On 11/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, Imagin Illyar said:

Well at long last the mystery has been solved.  The problem was caused by my settings being corrupt.  With everything I tried every time I reinstalled the viewer I just restored my backed up settings so each time I was recreating the problem without realizing it.  I am beyond relieved and grateful to Robert0 Siamendes, the Firestorm tech support who figured this out for me.  It took quite some time to get my settings back to something I recognized but it was SOOOO worth it. 

Just quoting myself here for the record.  Although I thought at first the problem was fixed it most definitely is not.  I'm still crashing about every 3rd TP.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am one of the people who was crashing every 3rd teleport for months.  I have not crashed since I logged on Monday, Dec. 21st.  I changed nothing on my end, the problem just magically went away.  I wanted to wait a couple days to be sure but the problem is most definitely fixed this time.  Whoever at the Lab finally fixed this awful problem -THANK YOU!!!!!  This is the best Christmas present I will receive this year :)

• Like 1

Sadly, I've had several TP crashes over the last few days, so it isn't fixed for me.

When they work, they work well. But by the time I realise that it isn't working, the damage is done; there is no way out. I will often end up able to rotate my avatar on the spot, but not move forwards or back. Eventually the crash develops fully with a "you have been logged out.." fail.

1 minute ago, Odaks said:

Sadly, I've had several TP crashes over the last few days, so it isn't fixed for me.

When they work, they work well. But by the time I realise that it isn't working, the damage is done; there is no way out. I will often end up able to rotate my avatar on the spot, but not move forwards or back. Eventually the crash develops fully with a "you have been logged out.." fail.

The only that works for me in those situations is to have a friend send me another TP.  It's sorta like a TP out of the stuck TP!  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.