Teleport Issues are NOT fixed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been crashing every 3rd teleport for about 2 months.  I got up this morning and read this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teleport Issues

Incident status: Monitoring

A fix has been implemented. We're monitoring the metrics and reports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was soooo hoping it was true, but it is not.  I'm crashing just as much as I was before the alleged fix :(

To be clear ...

• The change we made was to correct (or at least improve) the problem of teleports failing to complete in a timely way - it was not a viewer crash fix.
    According to our stats, it was successful - teleports are successful at approximately the same rate they were before the problem was introduced.

My own experience has been that I encountered occasional teleport failures, but never crashed the viewer as a result (I have been running our viewer version 6.4.11.551711 - the current default)

• Like 2

My experience is that I crash every 3rd teleport.  It's been going on for 2 months and has not changed.  Here's the odd thing, I can log on with an alt and my alt never crashes.  My son who lives in the same house never crashes.  It's just my avatar.

I've tried stripping down my avatar to wearing nothing that isn't from the Library, changing graphic settings to low, turning my draw distance to 32 and derendering everything.  Nothing makes any difference.  It's not the viewer, it's my avatar.  I run an estate and I have to say, it's the most frustrating challenge I've had in SL in the almost 13 years I've been making my living here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Imagin Illyar said:

My experience is that I crash every 3rd teleport.  It's been going on for 2 months and has not changed.  Here's the odd thing, I can log on with an alt and my alt never crashes.  My son who lives in the same house never crashes.  It's just my avatar.

I've tried stripping down my avatar to wearing nothing that isn't from the Library, changing graphic settings to low, turning my draw distance to 32 and derendering everything.  Nothing makes any difference.  It's not the viewer, it's my avatar.  I run an estate and I have to say, it's the most frustrating challenge I've had in SL in the almost 13 years I've been making my living here.

This sounds like a job for account specific customer support.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:48 PM, Oz Linden said:

To be clear ...

• The change we made was to correct (or at least improve) the problem of teleports failing to complete in a timely way - it was not a viewer crash fix.
    According to our stats, it was successful - teleports are successful at approximately the same rate they were before the problem was introduced.

My own experience has been that I encountered occasional teleport failures, but never crashed the viewer as a result (I have been running our viewer version 6.4.11.551711 - the current default)

To me it seems that your efforts have improved Teleports a lot, i have been teleporting Regions for almost 30 minutes(60 teleports) and they were all really fast and successful, apart from a couple of regions that were full or restricted which is normal.

Client : Firestorm (custom skin)

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:48 PM, Oz Linden said:

To be clear ...

I am being logged out frequently when attempting to TP this has only been happening to me for the past week but it is very annoying,

5 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I am being logged out frequently when attempting to TP this has only been happening to me for the past week but it is very annoying,

It started for me 2 months ago and hasn't gotten any better.  You should test an alt.  My alt never crashes but I do.  Makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

@Imagin Illyar

Yes but unfortunately I dont  have an alt, maybe I should get one, its really frustrating.

You should, just as a test.  I find it most frustrating as well and cannot understand how my alt never crashes but I do about every 3rd TP.  I've even tried stripping down and wearing nothing that isn't in the Library.  Nothing works.  It's insane.

Well at long last the mystery has been solved.  The problem was caused by my settings being corrupt.  With everything I tried every time I reinstalled the viewer I just restored my backed up settings so each time I was recreating the problem without realizing it.  I am beyond relieved and grateful to Robert0 Siamendes, the Firestorm tech support who figured this out for me.  It took quite some time to get my settings back to something I recognized but it was SOOOO worth it. 

• Thanks 2

Still getting logged out after a long wait in TPs.  Lots of TPs.  And Region Crossings are sometimes bad, just like they always have been.  AWS is not the panacea we all hoped.

Still there is hope.  I've got rid of my mainland, so you ain't getting any more of my money!

4 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

AWS is not the panacea we all hoped.

I never read the move to AWS as the way to solve all SL problems in one go. I understood it was a necessary move to improve the hardware in preparation for a going-forwards move that would (by virtue of better metrics) give LL more of an insight into a collection of issues that have been growing over the past year or so.

What I think we should expect is some time required to stabilise SL on the new hosts before LL get to grips with these issues.

AWS is neither the problem nor the solution.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have no issues with TP since last roll out.

I wonder, if people who still got TP issues, experience increased latency, as the servers now are AWS placed different than the original LL servers in Arizona. For me in Scandinavia, I got faster SL and better ping time after LL moved to AWS.

It takes some time, where all this new routing is mirrored around all the hubs etc global around the world.

Edited by Rachel1206
Clairify
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TP shortages here in the US. Coincidence?

2 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

I have no issues with TP since last roll out.

*snickerin*

I've been lucky on teleporting, cutting out only twice in 10 years and both in the very distant past.  I have a consistent login issue though.  Given the number of unique users, it has to be a nightmare number of unique pc and network situations, where any one or several (or no) breaks could be triggered.

• Like 1

@Gator PetermanI assume you have contacted SL support either by live chat or ticket? 

The teleport issue is certainly variable between accounts, I am seeing TP issues and my inventory is very well maintained and not at all flat, script levels are not high and complexity of my avatar fairly moderate, and my settings are fine.

I have noticed a small increase in sim ping following the uplift but nothing dreadful, from about 145ms to 175ms.  In competition that might well be a game-changer, though.

Edited by Aishagain
additional text

er that post suddenly appeared it was composed yesterday! I must have forgotten to submit it.

SL has bitten me and my partner today, our region decided to return a load of our stuff for no good reason (we own it all) and as is the way of parcel auto return two old and irreplaceable items (No copy) were lost.

@Ardy Laywell it wood, wouldn't it!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.