My Secondlife profile partially wiped

Flutters Amethyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I know that the my.secondlife website had some maintenance recently, but ever since, my profile has been partially wiped, and only on that website. My posts, name changes, profile picture, friends and following list are completely empty, but my bio, real life bio, notes, picks and partner are all still there. I have looked at friend's profiles, and they seem to be normal. I wish to know where I could report this? The knowledge base and ticket submission don't have a category for this.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, PrincessFlutters said:

The reason I opened this thread is because there was no category I could file this under whatsoever.

Try Account Issue > Web Login Issues, and then explain in the body of the ticket that it was as close as you could find to what you needed.

I suggest referring to the original incident report when you create your ticket. That report states "We are still investigating issues with my.secondlife.com where some residents may be missing data from their feeds" and you are clearly in that category. LL will benefit from knowing that so they can try to help you recover your feed.

Alternatively, if you're a premium user, start a Live Chat.

A final option is to file a JIRA, but search the JIRA first to ensure that nobody has already reported the issue. If there is an open report, see who is working on it, and add your comments to that report rather than starting a new one.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/mwpxz87d7gfh?u=m4nc7pwm8s5k

We are currently investigating an issue with my.secondlife.com. Access to my.secondlife.com, updates to profiles or previous posts displaying may be impacted during this time.
Please monitor this blog for updates. We thank you for your patience during this time.

Posted 4 hours ago. Nov 18, 2020 - 08:01 PST

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PrincessFlutters said:
7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Have you filed a support ticket?

The reason I opened this thread is because there was no category I could file this under whatsoever.

LL pretty much never handles any issues based on threads and the Residents here on the forums cannot actually fix anything.   Even if you can't find a category that seems to fit, as Skell sai, just use something that is close enough and give a very thorough explanation in the description.

2 hours ago, Saijito said:

most of my profile is set to everyone or second life. i can see other peoples feeds but what i had on mine vanished after the maintence

Ah ok.  Never use that so I hadn't noticed.  

Eta...I see your feed just fine.

Screenshot_20201118-170150.png

Edited by RowanMinx

I am having the same issue and my question is: did you all who are experiencing the same thing recently change your names? I changed my name April 15, 2020 and noticed that my in-game snapshots were no longer posting to my.secondlife feed at all. Yesterday was my first successful Profile Feed post (got a popup with a link to the post in my viewer) and when I clicked the link, it dawned on me that the link went to a completely new profile URL with my current/new name https://my.secondlife.com/ember.ember yet all of my old feed posts still exist on the URL with my OLD name https://my.secondlife.com/isolte.ember!

I do hope that LL consolidates the feeds and profile pictures to the URLs with the new names because having 2 my.secondlife profiles was not a caveat they (really should have) warned us about before going ahead with a name change.

Good evening. I faced this problem too. My channel, avatar and all screenshots that were taken earlier and during for a long time they were stored in the screenshots section completely disappeared, friends from the profile, subscriptions and subscribers also disappeared (although friends are present in the account on the game website). I only discovered this issue yesterday (Nov 18) when I uploaded new screenshots to my profile. Hope you can fix this problem and get my feed back the way it was before. Thanks! https://my.secondlife.com/kykoolka

20 hours ago, Ember Ember said:

I am having the same issue and my question is: did you all who are experiencing the same thing recently change your names? I changed my name April 15, 2020 and noticed that my in-game snapshots were no longer posting to my.secondlife feed at all. Yesterday was my first successful Profile Feed post (got a popup with a link to the post in my viewer) and when I clicked the link, it dawned on me that the link went to a completely new profile URL with my current/new name https://my.secondlife.com/ember.ember yet all of my old feed posts still exist on the URL with my OLD name https://my.secondlife.com/isolte.ember!

I do hope that LL consolidates the feeds and profile pictures to the URLs with the new names because having 2 my.secondlife profiles was not a caveat they (really should have) warned us about before going ahead with a name change.

I have never changed my legacy name, only my display name. My profile still looks empty.

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with the partial missing profile issue, Want to see how this would be recoverable as I"m skeptical that it can be.  I had to reupload my profile pictures but my feed is gone and I don't have any faith it can be recovered as that would require a roll back. Please prove me wrong. I'm still a closet optimist. 

21 minutes ago, SunshineGipsy said:

.....and I just noticed that on the comment I just submitted above under the S said New Resident.....I am not! what's going on?

To the forums you are new with just 2 posts.  The more you post that title will change  and the orange hand will disappear

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KYKOOLKA said:

Until now, the profile channel has not been restored. All my screenshots and all the life in your game for over 4 years just disappeared. At least restore the screenshots. I no longer hope to restore the channel.:(

Did you read Skell Dagger's post above? That's where you should be looking for updates on this issue.  Also, this is a public resident-to-resident forum...we are not Linden Lab; we're just residents like you and don't have any power to fix the problem.  You may be able to contribute to a fix by filing a JIRA bug report.  See https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

• Like 2

Linden Lab has been investigating this issue for weeks now and didn't came up with any solution. Moreover I can't really use the feed because I run into issues every single time I wanna post something. Not only that I lost my whole feed and followers but it's still a total mess and unusable ... It's a shame they screwed things up and haven't been able to fix this in a month:

My feed with older posts is back. At first I was kinda happy, but then I realized that all the more recent posts are gone. It's pretty annoying. And of course no notification from Linden Lab or any update on this issue. If that's the way Linden Lab treats its customers' data I'm concerned about my inventory, considering I've spent a few thousands dollars 🤔

Edited by sweetlucielle
typo

On 11/18/2020 at 9:18 PM, Skell Dagger said:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/mwpxz87d7gfh?u=m4nc7pwm8s5k

We are currently investigating an issue with my.secondlife.com. Access to my.secondlife.com, updates to profiles or previous posts displaying may be impacted during this time.
Please monitor this blog for updates. We thank you for your patience during this time.

Posted 4 hours ago. Nov 18, 2020 - 08:01 PST

The issue persists, and aside from a single post from a completely new friend, my feed is still completely empty. It has my entire SL history on it, for crying out loud. I am getting angry at it right now!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.