What's going on with my mesh's physics?

Peony Sweetwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having a sudden problem with a mesh build I made late last year. For a long time it always rezzed fine, but suddenly on rezzing one piece of the build starts acting as if it's set to convex hull. When I check the actual mesh it says that link is set to "Prim" physics and it visually shows that it is.

The weird thing is that after I've done the check, it starts behaving itself land acting like it's using Prim physics. It seems that even just clicking to edit it and moving it slightly fixes the physics.

Anyone know what's going on? Anyone else seen this behaviour? Or do I just need to re-upload that particular mesh piece to stop it being annoying?

3 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

Yep - that sounds exactly like it...and it looks like it's been going on for a while with no fix. @Cory Edo mentioned that he'd get around it by setting the physics to "none" and making separate mesh panels for the physics, so I guess that's my short term solution.

Thanks for finding that for me.

1 hour ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Thanks for finding that for me.

You're welcome!

It might be worth mentioning, that there is yet another cause for meshes changing there physics to convex hull like behavior. When the mesh has a non-analyzed (a triangle based) physics mesh, and something is linked to it that is using a TARGET_OMEGA function (a door for example). This will make the whole built acting convex hull like when the target omega function is called. It will revert back to normal prim type physics when it's selected as well. This can be worked around by decomposing (analyze) the physics mesh during upload. (Or by unlinking the door, or by avoiding the target omega function indeed).

But from your description I got the impression that it's the issue I linked to, where nobody found a cause, or a solution for as of yet.

Edited by arton Rotaru

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.