52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it same as "classic blue" on the samples?

52color.png

Yes, sorry for the confusion. It was just "blue" I think on the old list and since there really ARE a lot of blues in the next 32 weeks :D I guess I renamed it.  I'll make a note on the blog post. Thanks for noticing that. 

Also, in a few weeks there will be TEAL as an optional color.  I was getting VERY FR"USTRATED with Pantone and "teal blue" "teal green" "teal teal" LOL and declared a rebellion.    But all this time later I am calm and will do "teal" along with you guys.  BUT there will still be an option if you want to take it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm writing a list over what colors I think I have found in my inventory. Some of the color challenges left is so similar to others that I can make a coin toss, I think.

But one in particular is so hard. It is Celadon green. Every color I have found is stronger and goes too much against yellow. I assume we use the Pantone 14-0114. At least it looks much the same. Dusty cold green, very light.

😟 That's "easy" to find... It is a challenge indeed! 😉

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm writing a list over what colors I think I have found in my inventory. Some of the color challenges left is so similar to others that I can make a coin toss, I think.

But one in particular is so hard. It is Celadon green. Every color I have found is stronger and goes too much against yellow. I assume we use the Pantone 14-0114. At least it looks much the same. Dusty cold green, very light.

😟 That's "easy" to find... It is a challenge indeed! 😉

I just looked at MY celadon from the future and it isn't a good match -- or IS it.  Oddly (or maybe not so much but I hadn't thought about it) that color maybe more than some others looks VERY different when looked at against a white background or against the dark taupe of my blog page. No clue  on the Pantone color  but here is the swatch again.

celedon%2Bgreen%2Bswatch.jpg

Now honestly that isn't what "I" think of when I hear the word "celadon". I think of something slightly darker and a bit less vibrant -- so slightly more gray.   And then again we have the Windlight (or EEP) issues that shift colors as of course we do in the real world lighting also.  

From my post, I used an outfit from Scandalize which often has MANY colors in the huds.  To me it matches very well when seen against WHITE but not so much on a dark taupe background.  

So I suggest close is good enough. 

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I was looking at this color chart again, and is it correct that we have used 20 - 21 colors now? We are almost half way :D.

I have troubles counting. Have I missed one? Or added one?

colorpalette20200504.jpg

Classic Blue was week 20.   The "missing" one on the chart is "TEAL" which I mentioned earlier this week . Instead, originally when I was on burn out mode, I made that week a "free week" as there were too many of the same colors showing up in a row and it was NOT FUN.   But I did a teal post this week so when we get there teal will be added back in -- as a choice.    

This coming week is week 21 so yes half way there next month.  We started in November. 

The good news is that my new computer is on the truck and less than 60 miles away (it was MIA for several days which was scary). The bad news is that it took me three hours to do a blog post what with repeated crashing (two different avatars and two different places but both trying to change clothing which seems to be a trigger (not the only one)).  

Wasn't a great post but at least I got it up there.  So, if I am in the middle of updating and installing and making a restore drive and all that jazz I wanted to post early today.  

And the color is ----

plum.jpg.c213cf5c95427bcfce1fac8fff106b77.jpg

PLUM

as you can see this is a really dark "violet" (violet is the accepted name for the color many of us call purple and "purple" is actually a red-violet color; oh the things you learn later in life!).

I have very fond memories of this color from a decade ago and that post showed up oh so many times in my POPULAR POSTS category over the years. I am guessing because it talked about Pantone LOL.  I got it spot on back then.  Let's see how I did this time.

plum%2Bstyling.jpg

Pretty darn close.  "Eggplant" is coming up fairly soon and I think it is VERY close to "Plum" -- so be warned about that.  From the tiny picture on my chart it looks like eggplant is a TINY bit lighter ^^.   Yes, well.   

Have fun!!! 

• Like 4

I liked a dark color because I can finally make a roleplay / warrior look instead of the fashion looks.

I might do this with more colors, like Bronze and Firebrick.

I was not sure if I should go for another background than black... the figure melt in the background. But I didn't have a better idea now.

52 Days of Color Change Revisited - Plum

Edited by Marianne Little
Changed image
  • Like 6

It's a NEW week(which I almost forgot LOL)  and we return to the neutrals with the very first color in the challenge from a decade ago.  You most likely have some ideas from the week of silver (know that wasn't easy for some of you -- sorry).  This week's hue is quite a bit darker. Easy for me since is often my personal "black" (who knows why). 

GRAY

grey.jpg.96eaa36cd7158b162d8437f57a359300.jpg

I forgot what I chose in the end so heading back to find the photo.  

661591123_graystyling.thumb.jpg.5fb7bd9c70f35f12fe6039aa4fcaa9cc.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

We are done with neutrals for a few weeks and we are closing in on the half-way mark.   Hard to believe.  I am having fun  because by NOW I have forgotten what I picked for the various colors LOL.

And as I have said before the point is to have fun (and maybe straighten your inventory a bit along the way). If Pantone can figure out exactly what hue a color is -- no reason to suspect WE COULD!!!!

This coming up week I do remember. I took the picture in one of the Destination places -- like Paris mabye?  I forget what city.  It was great but I was crashing every 20 seconds so it really took FOREVER to get a shot. 

Straighten my inventory... well. 😞

But I found out that I can delete 8/10 of my pre Bento poses. Especially now that I buy so many poses in the weekend sales.

I thought I should keep my old poses and use a hand animationn HUD, but I really don't do it, bc I have so many Bento poses.

Snapshot-029.png

Got the jogger outfit yesterday. Don't often make poses laying down or sitting, it was quite fun though. And I used in-world DOF, 'cause I was too lazy to do any editing.

• Like 4

It's a new week and a new color. This one is a pretty one although not something I have a lot of in my closet. Happily I had a recent (remember I did these in the heart of winter) Advent gift that fit the bill.

BRICK RED

brick%2Bred%2Bweek%2B23.jpg

Now unbelievably we have two more "brick reds" in the mix here (yes, you can hear a sigh).   So look at the color chart for differences.   Subtle but there. Try and match or not LOL.  NO PRESSURE. 

brick%2Bred%2Bstyling.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.