52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For anyone who hasn't tackled BANANA yet, I spotted quite a few items on the Saturday Sale -- even one for guys. That is probably one of the best places to shop (via Seraphim) since most things are sold by the color and not a hud and you can see the display of all the colors easily (woot).  

AND it has taken me a long time to realize this but your own outfit folder (if you do that a lot) can be a treasure trove.  I had that banana outfit all set up and didn't even notice that. I called it "gold" but that is close enough to take a quick look :D. MUCH faster.  And presumably you liked these outfits or you wouldn't have saved them.

SLOW to the realization, but an important one -- for me anyway LOL.  

image.thumb.png.01b53c6e39a403735c3ea09964f11f21.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

Currently I'm having technical problems and cannot render my SL home now but here was a photo I took pre-tech problems of Banana of me in my home and I hope my home works again soon as I don't have problems in other regions so that's a good thing.  Skirt is from Adorsy, Blouse is from FashionNatic, shoes are Sabrina Heels by ROC which does have this banana-colored shoe in it's HUD of colors.  (P.S. for anyone interested I have my free Christmas gifts inworld now (free for all - newbies too) and one is a simple bento AO plus other Christmas time goodies all free - see my Picks for tp but go to the store next door (turn left out the door) for the freebies as I have two stores next to each other there but only one tp; hunt soon too, see notecard inside free AO.  These are actual poses I got from the AO.)

Snapshot_1220 (2).jpg

Snapshot_1226.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 9

You guys are rockin' "banana".  Just a couple more days or so and a new challenge emerges. Actually I think many of you will find this one pretty easy even though it has been the hardest for me so far -- and I am working ahead LOL.  

But congrats to everyone!!!

• Like 3

It's a new week and a new color for your styling pleasure.  While this SEEMS like an easy color -- and the season will help you along with that -- this was the most difficult color for me so far -- and I am working well ahead *wink* so have a fair number of hues, tints, tones and shades under my artist's belt.   

And this week's color is -----

1700964850_week5green.jpg.c415c7f6743612e63b53abe02651ce89.jpg

Not chartreuse or emerald, forest or lime, but good old GREEN.  You guys have the advantage of Christmas season going for you.  I was working on this back in November LOL.  Honestly I had ONE outfit in my inventory. Happily it was a nice one (buried deep in HUD interface land).   My parrot is of course the perfect fashion accessory.  

1835667012_week4greenoutfit.thumb.jpg.7cba2db4014d7f328dd9ccfe6b16a162.jpg

So go forth and style your little hearts out!!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 9

Ugh, I hate pure green. But I nailed this challenge. This is the purest, most awful primary green I could find. I had already bought the sweater with scarves and bralette from Addams in the Shop'n Hop. And a green, gharish green was in it. The hair is a discontinued Argrace hair, but it is wonderful to have something that can be edited to pure green. I bought the boots from the MP for 1 L, wonderful and cheap green-ness.

Excuse me, I have a beanstalk to climb.

52 weeks of color revisited - Green

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I found a sweater in my inventory that had a good shade of green on it's HUD.  The skirt was today's Advent gift from Hope's Creations, and the leggings I created myself, and just about perfectly match the sweater (yay for BOM!).   I remembered I had some Christmas backdrops, so I just went Christmas all the way...

50732037951_105a638111_k.thumb.jpg.800f317f37bf4174c97de1f9d2395e8d.jpg

• Like 10

Kudos to all you guys finding "green-green" in which to attire yourselves. That STILL has been the most difficult color for moi.  

Meanwhile I have been shopping, and wandering and gathering and such a lot this week -- visiting venues and seeing what is out there and I noticed something interesting -----

It seems like some designers are making efforts to help us out with some of our odd colors.  I kept running into "hard to find color #A" and "hard to find color #B" etc and thought that it was simply me noticing the colors that I know would be coming along in the list. Then last night I journeyed over to a newly opened venue and saw the same hard to find colors in several different booths.  OK. Coincidence maybe still. 

But this evening I was visiting a shop I really like and found NEW colors of some older items ^^.  Not only were they not there when I bought some of those older colors a week or so ago, but the new colors come in more mesh body fits than the old ones.    AH HA!!!!

This isn't all that unusual as the same thing happened a decade ago.  So whether you are taking part in the weekly adventure (here or on Flickr or on your blog) OR just watching the fun --if you find a color that you love in one of our weekly stylings-- never fear; it will be easier to purchase than before --- and that's a great thing.

Coming up -- a not too strange color with a really less than exciting name.  So be prepared and willing  to look past verbal designations to the hue itself 0- LOL.   

Still some time to get your Green in during its official week. Of course later is fine too.  But time for a new color for Wednesday and I am taking the evening off (she says hopefully) so I am posting this a bit early.   Our new color takes us back into neutrals (oh so many neutrals) and while its name is kind of off-putting, it is a perfectly nice color. Think of it as dark taupe; but the original hue designation is:

LIVER:    

(OMG?) Yep, that's the name. Here's the color.

80061327_liverweek6-674C47.jpg.95036c1a1b6cd4110f3dae922b11f9fb.jpg

Notice that there is a bit of "red" in this "taupe" LOL   -- but hey, anything close will do.  I looked back on the original posts and I think we are coming much closer to Pantone's idea in this decade than in the last.  Woot!

Now my liver styling was pretty easy as I was pretty sure I had some things from MEVA in this color -- and indeed I did. But after getting all styled up the adventure began.  I was looking for an Armageddon type place maybe with a desert.  I tried getting to Wastelands to find it apparently taken over by someone's house (turns out you need to type in "The Wastelands" to get where I wanted to go).  

Eventually I found a good looking place on the Destination guide. Not too surprisingly the sim  was there but no longer owned or run by the folks that took the great photo LOL. Onward.  Somehow I ended up in a sci fi type of sim that led me to a bunch of stargate teleporters and I became completely lost.  Someone working in one of the shops tried to help but of course the place I was looking for was no more.  

Much more to the story including crashes and misdirection's and such but eventually I ended back at the helpful person's shop and decided that would be "good enough" of a background.  I think this must have been a two hour photo shoot for a fifteen minute styling.  Along the way I decided I needed a machine gun to go with the bullets on my attire. I got a great prop on the Marketplace. 

Rereading all the forum rules I can't find anything against guns -- especially not in a fashion shot AND the gun I bought was rated G in the Marketplace so like much of the world these days "sex" is bad and "killing" is OK (really I so don't get that and never have).  So if I am illegal here I am sure the mods can delete my photo and you can always find it on Flickr or blog :D.   

Happy Styling. 

300820542_liveroutfit3.thumb.jpg.bba1118a4940ede5ddc624774f7bb39e.jpg

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Still some time to get your Green in during its official week. Of course later is fine too.  But time for a new color for Wednesday and I am taking the evening off (she says hopefully) so I am posting this a bit early.   Our new color takes us back into neutrals (oh so many neutrals) and while its name is kind of off-putting, it is a perfectly nice color. Think of it as dark taupe; but the original hue designation is:

LIVER:    

(OMG?) Yep, that's the name. Here's the color.

80061327_liverweek6-674C47.jpg.95036c1a1b6cd4110f3dae922b11f9fb.jpg

Notice that there is a bit of "red" in this "taupe" LOL   -- but hey, anything close will do.  I looked back on the original posts and I think we are coming much closer to Pantone's idea in this decade than in the last.  Woot!

Now my liver styling was pretty easy as I was pretty sure I had some things from MEVA in this color -- and indeed I did. But after getting all styled up the adventure began.  I was looking for an Armageddon type place maybe with a desert.  I tried getting to Wastelands to find it apparently taken over by someone's house (turns out you need to type in "The Wastelands" to get where I wanted to go).  

Eventually I found a good looking place on the Destination guide. Not too surprisingly the sim  was there but no longer owned or run by the folks that took the great photo LOL. Onward.  Somehow I ended up in a sci fi type of sim that led me to a bunch of stargate teleporters and I became completely lost.  Someone working in one of the shops tried to help but of course the place I was looking for was no more.  

Much more to the story including crashes and misdirection's and such but eventually I ended back at the helpful person's shop and decided that would be "good enough" of a background.  I think this must have been a two hour photo shoot for a fifteen minute styling.  Along the way I decided I needed a machine gun to go with the bullets on my attire. I got a great prop on the Marketplace. 

Rereading all the forum rules I can't find anything against guns -- especially not in a fashion shot AND the gun I bought was rated G in the Marketplace so like much of the world these days "sex" is bad and "killing" is OK (really I so don't get that and never have).  So if I am illegal here I am sure the mods can delete my photo and you can always find it on Flickr or blog :D.   

Happy Styling. 

300820542_liveroutfit3.thumb.jpg.bba1118a4940ede5ddc624774f7bb39e.jpg

you are really gorgeous in this shot 

• Like 1

Okay, I had to make the skirt texture for the skirt below.  I think LIVER is kind in the "muled wine" category.  So thinking of muled wine, I felt I might be able to make the color.  This is what I came up with - no photo enhancement, just shot in straight Midday because that is a greenhouse I am building right now and I build in MIDDAY.  My lipstick kind of matches, too.

Snapshot_1365 (2).jpg

• Like 7

OK. Vacation is over!  Time to work on LIVER!   LOL.  Just kidding.  Hopefully you all had a good and SAFE holiday in more festive colors.  And if you feel the need to skip a week, that is allowed.  

The good news is next week's color is NOT neutral or anywhere close to liver.  So "vibrant" next week and "neon" the next week and I don't remember what comes after that LOL.   I am certainly getting an appreciation for the nuances of hues. And getting more acquainted with your closet can't be a bad thing! 

See you on the other side of liver. 

PS.  Kudos to those that tackled and won the battle this week. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.