Deploy Plan for the Week of 2020-11-16

5 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

Anyway, things have worked out pretty well.  I expect there are things still to do, some likely tweaks to the sim servers and other services,

There are definitely still things to do... the fact that we have effectively gotten all the simulators uplifted is a very major milestone, but isn't the end of the road quite yet. We'll be making more changes between now and the end of the year to uplift more of the web sites and backend systems. In the long run we're confident that this will mean improved performance and reliability, there may be some temporary glitches and it's possible that some services will need to be down for longer than we usually would allow (for example, the map tile generator is down at the moment).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I dont own a region, i'm only a stupid event shopper. What i realize now on aws event regions is faaaar longer loading time of vendors, factor 4 or 5. Even when i go there in event mode (32m, 1024 particles, jellybeaned customers, only basic shaders) i can stare 10 to 15 minutes on a booth till something "starts" to rez. i am cheesed off by that.

4 hours ago, Wolf Eriksen said:

I dont own a region, i'm only a stupid event shopper. What i realize now on aws event regions is faaaar longer loading time of vendors, factor 4 or 5. Even when i go there in event mode (32m, 1024 particles, jellybeaned customers, only basic shaders) i can stare 10 to 15 minutes on a booth till something "starts" to rez. i am cheesed off by that.

So.... what's the round-trip-time when you ping asset-cdn.glb.agni.lindenlab.com from your home on Ganymede?  The assets have been on a distributed content delivery network(s) for a few years now.

Edited by Ardy Lay
1 hour ago, Ardy Lay said:

So.... what's the round-trip-time when you ping asset-cdn.glb.agni.lindenlab.com from your home on Ganymede?  The assets have been on a distributed content delivery network(s) for a few years now.

There's something throttling asset loading. Run something that shows your computer's network traffic load, then TP to a new sim. Watch the traffic spike up for 10 secs or so, then drop to a very low level for a minute or two even though there are still many assets left to load.

42 minutes ago, animats said:

There's something throttling asset loading. Run something that shows your computer's network traffic load, then TP to a new sim. Watch the traffic spike up for 10 secs or so, then drop to a very low level for a minute or two even though there are still many assets left to load.

I really want to say something like this (Oh dear!  How did I not notice?  SL is completely destroyed!  How will I ever manage?).  No I don't.  It works.

Clear cache - log in - teleport - play with camera - YouTube