What is wrong with profiles and search boxes that wont load

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am now so frustrated as search boxes and profiles wont load after 5 mins.  have the servers gone down??   This is not a recent problem as it has been getting progressively worse the last couple of weeks.  Are they cost cutting to the point of using old servers that just cant cut it anymore to give back the information?

P.I.A. people and lindens need to loook into it and fix it please . 

Oh and yeah this is my first post but ive been in sl 14 years and this is the first time i have complained so you know it needs looking into.

Edited by Desiree Beaumont

10 minutes ago, Desiree Beaumont said:

I am now so frustrated as search boxes and profiles wont load after 5 mins.  have the servers gone down??   This is not a recent problem as it has been getting progressively worse the last couple of weeks.  Are they cost cutting to the point of using old servers that just cant cut it anymore to give back the information?

Oh and yeah this is my first post but ive been in sl 14 years and this is the first time i have complained so you know it needs looking into.

It's all to do with this and we can expect things to be bumpy until it's all finished

10 minutes ago, Desiree Beaumont said:

Probably just another side effect of the uplift.  Oh the joy.

12 minutes ago, Desiree Beaumont said:

While it might be related to the cloud, unless they changed something overnight, it is likely more region specific rather than actual back-end processing of Profiles and Searches.  I say this because I have not had any issues at all with those functions.  Or possibly one of those side-effects that is not consistent in impacting everyone.

You can check whether a region has been put to the cloud yet or now.  Check the Help / About - it will contain an AWS URL for your current location if that region now lives in the cloud.

16 minutes ago, Desiree Beaumont said:

Per the part that I bolded -- since this is your first forum post, you might not be aware of the following:

- The forums are not the LL Support system

- LL only comes to the forums mostly to moderate them.

- We are all just other Residents here and have no power to help you or to influence LL to do anything.

- True issues need to be addressed to LL via a Support Ticket and/or a JIRA Ticket.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Desiree Beaumont said:

The game is broken.

This is an old story.

It happened before the cloud.

It happens after the cloud.

It will always happen forever and ever until the heat-death of the sun.

So look at people's profiles online at my.secondlife.com where they sometimes pull up a little better. 

Or talk to them in room chat or an IM.

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

aws talking to LL's data center and vice versa right now.  so some things are going to be hit or miss with not everything under one roof currently.

Things weren't "under one roof" to begin with, though. If anything, things have consolidated a bit since so much was already on AWS.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Things weren't "under one roof" to begin with, though. If anything, things have consolidated a bit since so much was already on AWS.

yeah, everything was in arizona for a long while before they went with the cdn's and such.   I'm pretty sure the profile service is still in the data center and that's having calls made to it from the aws front.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.