New last names?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:
8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

That's kind of the opposite of how it works.

No offence but you don't know that for sure.  Even if LL says that, it doesn't necessarily make it true.

But your first statement is kind of correct, in a cynical way. Once LL has "made enough money," new names will be released.

You find that cynical?  I see it as being business savvy enough to not change a product that is producing money.

It takes a cynic to know a cynic is all I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:
22 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:
26 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Any idea when a new batch of names will be released? I'm dying to get away from resident.

When the money starts to dry up from the current set, I expect.

Wow. that's kind of uh... rude... 

How in the world was that answer RUDE?

You asked a question and she gave an answer.  Her guess is that they will put out new names when people stop giving them money for the current batch of names.

Untwist those panties and mellow out.  Not every answer that you don't like is some sort of personal attack.

BTW -- You have asked almost the exact same question in 3 different threads within minutes of each other.  Technically, that is considered spamming the forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It takes a cynic to know a cynic is all I'm saying.

I don't deny that I am a cynic at heart.  I don't know about you though but not everything I say is cynical and I actually wasn't being cynical about this.

Business is business and they have to look after their bottom line.  I would expect names that don't bring in much money to be changed first, that is if they do partial changes.  If something is performing that meets or exceeds expectations, it doesn't need to be changed.  That is just good business and allows their efforts to be focused elsewhere.

You may called that cynical if you wish, I like to think of it as being a realist.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I guess I'm just picky then, because I don't like the batch that's out now, some of them even sound silly tbh. 
And I guess everything is money based... I mean I'm willing to pay for the name change too, when there's one available that I would really want to use.

If you haven't noticed almost everything is "on hold" now and many things have been for months during this change of ownership.   Typically (only from what I have read and seen on other platforms - no guarantees) it takes two to three months for much to change when new owners come on the scene.   Will see how that works out here. 

Honestly, we don't even know that name change will continue to be possible although I would guess it will be.  Almost everything is an unknown right now.   I am pretty sure Arctan is gone (sadly) as it isn't a shiny and will just makes folks mad -- even if it might be better in the long run.   But I can't imagine Linden Homes being shut down or halted. So it just depends on the project, how it impacts the investors (and yes money IS a big deal always) and what their goals are. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How in the world was that answer RUDE?

You asked a question and she gave an answer.  Her guess is that they will put out new names when people stop giving them money for the current batch of names.

Untwist those panties and mellow out.  Not every answer that you don't like is some sort of personal attack.

BTW -- You have asked almost the exact same question in 3 different threads within minutes of each other.  Technically, that is considered spamming the forums.

I genuinely am not trying to spam, I was just curious to reach out to different people on different forums to see if anybody knew anything different. Simply asking :( 

I wasn’t saying the answer was rude to me, but towards LL because to me it sounded like they were saying the company won’t do anything unless money is involved. Making the company sound greedy... I didn’t mean for it to seem like I thought it was personal.. I’m genuinely bad about how I interpret things- gotta love being socially awkward :/

Edited by AlyceAdrift
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I genuinely am not trying to spam, I was just curious to reach out to different people on different forums to see if anybody knew anything different. Simply asking :( 

I wasn’t saying the answer was rude to me, but towards LL because to me it sounded like they were saying the company won’t do anything unless money is involved. Making the company sound greedy... I didn’t mean for it to seem like I thought it was personal.. I’m genuinely bad about how I interpret things- gotta love being socially awkward :/

Thanks for the clarification.  I wouldn't worry too much about anyone dissing LL.  You'll find that happens pretty frequently here - sometimes for valid reasons and sometimes not.

15 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Any idea when a new batch of names will be released? I'm dying to get away from resident.

If it's anything like the way it was previously, it could be anything from a month to a year. Until a certain number of avatars have chosen them (we don't know how many). I also suspect that some names, which get very few or no takers, or maybe complaints, are pulled off the list early. Covfefe was one of the names that got pulled from the last batch after only a short time.

They also don't release a whole new batch all at once. They pull a few and add a few at a time, as they did a few weeks ago.

My name, Luminos, was in the list for well over a year.

18 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I wasn’t saying the answer was rude to me, but towards LL because to me it sounded like they were saying the company won’t do anything unless money is involved.

Then I am afraid you misinterpreted what you read.  I wasn't being rude to LL or anyone else for that matter.  If I had meant to say that LL won't do anything without money being involved, I would have written that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.