How do I commission something on sl? I'm looking for platonic couple's dances.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

dances that are fun (so not the waltz or something)

First of all, LOL!

It's not entirely clear to me what you mean by couple's dances (or, for that matter, Platonic -- no touching?), but your best bet might be to inquire in the "Wanted" Subforum of the Commerce forum.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/313-wanted/

So, like this?

tenor.gif?itemid=12298026

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

19 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Like, dances that are fun (so not the waltz or something) but that don't involve things like grinding and groping. Think a dance you would do with your best friend when a good song comes on.

These from Vista are awesome for friends.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VISTA-ANIMATIONS-MOCAP-COUPLES-ADDON-CHILLOUT/6101388

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Like, dances that are fun (so not the waltz or something) but that don't involve things like grinding and groping. Think a dance you would do with your best friend when a good song comes on.

You could make a post in the Wanted section, but this sounds like something that could be pricey.

Before you do that though:  I have some swing dances and a few other platonic ones in my inventory - not inworld right now, so I'm not sure from where.  Thus there are (or were) those types of dances available to buy.  I haven't bought dances in quite a while, but I can definitely check my inventory when I log in a bit later and send you a list.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You could make a post in the Wanted section, but this sounds like something that could be pricey.

Before you do that though:  I have some swing dances and a few other platonic ones in my inventory - not inworld right now, so I'm not sure from where.  Thus there are (or were) those types of dances available to buy.  I haven't bought dances in quite a while, but I can definitely check my inventory when I log in a bit later and send you a list.

I would greatly appreciate it if you'd do that. Please be sure to include the company/creator/s.

13 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Thank you. Very platonic. But.. the dancing is sorta lifeless, a lot of walking back and forth robotically. Kinda reminds me of how sims dance. If I can't find something better I'll look for these chillout dances. Gonna look at what else Vista has to offer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Abranimations do a couple of wandering hands couple dances where you get to slap the hands away that are going places you didn't want them.

Abranimations have some other nice couple dances. Also look at Vista, A&M & humanoid they have nice dances for friends. 

I jotted these brands down, thank you

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

So they're called mocap

Mocap means "motion capture," which is how they have been made: real models, wearing special suits with markers on them, are filmed dancing (or whatever), and their motion "captured" by using the markers in the video to guide the animation. Most of the best dances and animations generally are now done using mocap.

ETA: You might also consider checking out some salsa dances, and things of that nature. They're fast and fun,  can be really good, are exciting to watch, and they don't tend to involve groping or grinding.

To be honest, I dance couples dances a lot, with Platonic male friends. I'll agree that waltzes are dull as dishwater, but I rarely find myself dancing something that involves groping, rubbing, grinding, grabbing, or anything else likely to necessitate the use of birth control. You may just be dancing at the wrong places.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

ETA: You might also consider checking out some salsa dances, and things of that nature. They're fast and fun,  can be really good, are exciting to watch, and they don't tend to involve groping or grinding.

I'll recommend Swing and Lindy Hop. Those are great fun, too.

• Like 2

Why not buy singles dances you really like and then use a dance hud that sends an invite to a friend (s) and you can both dance side by side, facing or even across the room from each other doing the same or even different dances.  This is what my friends and I do using a variety of dances from all over the place rather than couples dances. 

• Like 1

MOVE! is another one ... they have loads.  And there is a Japanese  brand (Aketo..?) can't quite remember the name, which are very good, but pricey. 

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Why not buy singles dances you really like and then use a dance hud that sends an invite to a friend (s) and you can both dance side by side, facing or even across the room from each other doing the same or even different dances.  This is what my friends and I do using a variety of dances from all over the place rather than couples dances. 

And this ... this is exactly what I do.   Someone recently gave me a dance hud which is copy/mod/transfer & full of dances.  HMU inworld & I'll give you a copy.

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Eye twitching.

I had that song on repeat on Spotify for days after I first heard it. 

I have it on my gym (well, home cross trainer these days) playlist and I regret nothing. Except the fact that I haven't got around to replacing my exercise kit with a pillar box red 80s leotard as well. I regret that. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

MOVE! is another one ... they have loads.  And there is a Japanese  brand (Aketo..?) can't quite remember the name, which are very good, but pricey. 

And this ... this is exactly what I do.   Someone recently gave me a dance hud which is copy/mod/transfer & full of dances.  HMU inworld & I'll give you a copy.

Please! I'd love a copy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.