Last will

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

I have had brushes with death, from being a sickly baby to motorists who don't understand how zebra crossings and traffic lights work. To struggling with sucidal  thoughts?

I have also lost dear friends in sl and family in rl. The very first death in my inner family even occured just a few days after i had joined sl on my first long deleted account.

I don't really have much to really make a will with. Being a disabled millennial who graduated from a tech  just as the big golbal  housing market crash means I  have no real savings.
But I am going to furtherwork on documents on alerting those i love online and canceling the few subscription sevices i have.

My biggest worry is that when I die, Will my family respect my wishes and bury me under my real name and gender. Or continue to misgender me dven to the grave.

What I have found about death with my own brushes and the death of my first child and many others -- death itself isn't bad. It's everything before. And everything after. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, manoji Yachvili said:

What sort of relationship do you have with death and have you ever written a last will?

My nearest to death experience was years ago when i tasted just a little tiny piece from the corner of an EXTREMELY spicy pizza in Germany at 12:30 midnight with a business colleague at a hotel. (we had just checked in and would attend a Microsoft seminar next day in Unterhaching so due to traveling we didn't have any other food all day.)

Both instantly experienced a mutual feeling of our bodies burning in hell's lava pits and guess what, the fridge had only carbonated water, cola's and wine's.
Eventually 3 family size pizza's ended up in the trash and we shared every chocolate bar and wine found in our rooms.
(From that moment whenever traveling abroad i never ordered again from a food menu that didn't have an English description as well.)

Haven't considered it necessary to write a last will, if i ever change my mind i might but i am a simple person and what will happen to my body after it has served it's purpose doesn't trouble me at all.

(** i have reasons to believe that hotel's chef was a pyromaniac)
714ffa92419e6577afc2a9b1e00cacfc.gif
  • Haha 2

On 11/15/2020 at 9:15 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I have a RL will.  But that doesn't seem to me to be the right vehicle to cover all my online activities.  I have accounts and passwords all over the damn place, and quite a few of them have financial aspects.  Things I pay an ongoing subscription for.  Credit card accounts.  Brokerage accounts.  SL. Social media accounts.

So a while back I sat down and wrote up a long document covering all this stuff, so whoever gets stuck with cleaning up the mess has some guidance.  The instructions are in some cases quite detailed, because it is not a sure bet that the Designated Janitor will have any online skills.

I update it every year or so.

I've done the same thing.  I keep a copy with my will, here in my library, and another in a safe deposit box.  Like most people these days, I have loads of ongoing RL commitments, things that renew automatically or have regularly scheduled payments. And then there's the region I own in SL and have tenants on, and all sorts of other people in SL who really ought to be notified if I suddenly disappear.  Over the years, I have had several SL friends die without warning, so I know how many projects and ongoing relationships can be thrown into chaos in the uncertainty after a death.  I hope that my informal document will at least resolve some of that.  Not that I plan on dying, of course. I was thinking of just moving in world instead.

• Like 1

what is my relationship with death? I know her quite well. we have met several times and talked and then decided it was not my time yet.

have I ever written a will.. No. I have no need one of one, what I have is of little value or importance that what ever is done with it when I finally die makes no difference to me.

On 11/15/2020 at 3:11 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

If anyone should offer you "free will", it's a trick!

Reminds me of a quote by Bob Dylan..."I was born here and I'll die here, against my will."  What Bob's saying there to me is he has no free will in either being born nor dying.  

No, I don't have an official will just something I explained to my current living family, all that is left goes to my sisters; if my sister's go before me, it's left to my niece and nephew.  I have some valuables in antiques and collectibles and still have some of my jewelry collection plus other things.   My landlord will just contact my sister and my sister's know.  That's how it stands for now.   As far as my wishes about feeding tubes or a prolonged death my sister's know I said no to that and have an advance directive.  

This is what an Advance Directive is and they are free in the state of California:

An advance directive is a legal document that explains how you want medical decisions about you to be made if you cannot make the decisions yourself. An advance directive lets your health care team and loved ones know what kind of health care you want, or who you want to make decisions for you when you can't.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

My last will and testament was drafted up after I suffered a stroke at 21 out of the blue (I was a personal trainer, martial artists and nutritionist in peak physical shape...but genetic predisposition to thrombosis doesn’t give a s**t lol) 

The first thing I put on there was a “Cleaner”. Someone to wipe my hard drive and search history, as well as clean out my closet of any adult toys I wouldn’t necessarily want friends or relatives to find post mortem. The toy chest is vast. lol 

• Sad 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:14 AM, Nick0678 said:

My nearest to death experience was years ago when i tasted just a little tiny piece from the corner of an EXTREMELY spicy pizza in Germany at 12:30 midnight with a business colleague at a hotel. (we had just checked in and would attend a Microsoft seminar next day in Unterhaching so due to traveling we didn't have any other food all day.)

That pizza sounds great! :P

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.