Ask LL to remove a group created using my account

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Months ago my account was hacked or whatever, someone took control of it because when I tried to login after a long time, it was very different of the last time I used it. Linden Lab helped me to recover it but today I found almost by accident that the person created some really... nasty group with my account (kind of disturbing content). I'm not part of the group anymore but I still as founder.

Can I open a ticket asking LL to remove those groups or at least remove me as founder, or is it waste of time? I wouldn't like to be associated with that kind of thing in any form.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, angelikiinha said:

Months ago my account was hacked or whatever, someone took control of it because when I tried to login after a long time, it was very different of the last time I used it. Linden Lab helped me to recover it but today I found almost by accident that the person created some really... nasty group with my account (kind of disturbing content). I'm not part of the group anymore but I still as founder.

Can I open a ticket asking LL to remove those groups or at least remove me as founder, or is it waste of time? I wouldn't like to be associated with that kind of thing in any form.

Eject everyone from the group and leave it yourself.  Any group with less than 2 members will automatically cease to exist after 2 days.

You will not be able to eject anyone with the Owner role, so hopefully you are the only owner - or there is only one other owner besides you and that person doesn't bring anyone else in within the 2 days.

If there are more owners, then I'd definitely open a Support ticket.  After explaining everything, I'm sure LL will deal with it for you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.