Ready to spend money on a better human avatar

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But I still don't quite get what I should be looking for. I have a free version, I guess it's based on Matreya, but I'm not completely happy with her - I'm not into duck/full lips and I don't seem to be able to change them to something more normal. I'm rather annoyed at the over sexualized female avs, though I understand everyone wants to look beautiful here.

What I'm looking for is just a normal Caucasian female av, someone who won't look out of place in Western and casual clothes (or can be properly adjusted to be normal, not a big breasted bimbo, lol). I do have a bunch of clothes that fit my current av but many are Gas and come with multiple versions...

So, I'm just looking for suggestions. Even just a head would be fine, as long as a pointer to how to attach/adjust one is included, that's completely out of my skillset just now.

11 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

I guess it's based on Matreya, but I'm not completely happy with her - I'm not into duck/full lips and I don't seem to be able to change them to something more normal.

Maitreya is only neck-down. Bodies and heads are generally separate.

12 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

What I'm looking for is just a normal Caucasian female av, someone who won't look out of place in Western and casual clothes (or can be properly adjusted to be normal, not a big breasted bimbo, lol

Skin colour is also separate from which body you pick.

13 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

So, I'm just looking for suggestions. Even just a head would be fine, as long as a pointer to how to attach/adjust one is included, that's completely out of my skillset just now.

For heads, I'd suggest either a Genus head, a Lelutka Evolution head, or the Catwa HDPro head (Majer, soft or edgy). Which one you want is mostly up to shape, all three have decent support as far as accessories and makeup goes (Majer being the newest probably has least for now, but sees a lot of new releases).

For body, I'd straight up just say go for Maitreya. It's by far the most supported body, you'll never have any issues finding clothes that are made for it. It's easy to use, is versatile in how you want to shape it, and finding skins, tattoos, and such, is really easy. It also supports BOM out of the box, making everything even easier.

Sorry, I did find this is the Ariana head. I generally like it, though I have problems with her tongue sticking out sometimes (an AO issue?) and just when I look at myself the lips don't look normal... and that might be my fault. I've no idea what I'm doing, lol, but I've played with her a bit and think I've kind of fixed the problem (which is definitely a personal perception problem, I'm a bit of an aspie (Aspergers) and maybe that's why faces just flummox me sometimes...

Oh, it is a Catwa head. You can turn off the animations you don't like. I find the Catwa animations too much myself. The heads comes with all animations turned on. It is in the animations HUD, Full Face AO and full face moods? I am not logged in now. I would turn off all the animations and test one and one. You can have several turned on the same time, just find the ones you don't like and make sure they are not on.

<---- Lelutka Evo Lake head.

Profile not too duckface? Just cropped and resized.

profile_003sm.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Well, Ok. I went and got the free Genus Strong Head W001, and a Skinnery skin. Spent some time messing things up and figuring them out.

I took off the Kalhene AO Hud, and only had the Genus HUDs and my Casual AO (body) hud. I also took off all Kalhene parts that I can (except for the bodymesh, I apparently need that), but can't take off the eyebrows or eyes, for some reason, and they stick around even when I do a full outfit change to a nonhuman avatar. I saved all, switched to a nonhuman av, switched back, and everything looked good but I did briefly see the tongue reappear, so I put the Kalhene HUD up with just the hand hud on (since apparently that wasn't the problem).

Every time she does a facial expression that includes a tongue past the lips, the damn thing sticks around like she bit it off! It does eventually go away, but comes back.

I think she looks OK now, opinions welcome :)

Weird tongue problem: https://ibb.co/wSHTckd

Attached image has a tiny tongue blep, like a happy cat (lol)
I figured out how to fix the neck color after these were taken...

Any help appreciated!

trail ride_006.png

43 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

Well, Ok. I went and got the free Genus Strong Head W001, and a Skinnery skin. Spent some time messing things up and figuring them out.

I took off the Kalhene AO Hud, and only had the Genus HUDs and my Casual AO (body) hud. I also took off all Kalhene parts that I can (except for the bodymesh, I apparently need that), but can't take off the eyebrows or eyes, for some reason, and they stick around even when I do a full outfit change to a nonhuman avatar. I saved all, switched to a nonhuman av, switched back, and everything looked good but I did briefly see the tongue reappear, so I put the Kalhene HUD up with just the hand hud on (since apparently that wasn't the problem).

Every time she does a facial expression that includes a tongue past the lips, the damn thing sticks around like she bit it off! It does eventually go away, but comes back.

Any help appreciated!

trail ride_006.png

You always have to wear system eyes, brow shaper, shape and skin.  You can replace however.

I always thought genus had weird facial animations.  You can just shut them off.

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

You always have to wear system eyes, brow shaper, shape and skin.  You can replace however.

I always thought genus had weird facial animations.  You can just shut them off.

Thanks. I dont' think the tongue thing is from Genus though, it seems to be something from the Kalhene/Ariana avatar -  even though I'm no longer wearing the Ariana head, her tongue remains...

• Confused 1

I would suggest a lelutka evolution head and the maitreya body, the genus heads tend to be clunky at times, however the lelutka ones are pretty smooth in various ways, would suggest trying a demo and playing around with the shape sliders to make sure the lips look the way you want them to.

Edited by PixelBerry

It is less than 2 weeks to Black Friday. Last year, some mesh bodypart stores had sales then. I would go around, demo all possible heads and bodies I may want so I know what I would buy if they are on sale.

The tongue that comes out over your lips usually mean that you wear a tongue from another head. But are you using the head with a skin applier or BoM?

If you use BoM, and an older skin, it has the tongue textured. This can perhaps be your default tongue that stick out between your mesh mouth and nose. Because with BoM, you have no alpha on the head.

Sometimes animations "hang" when you take off the AO. Stop all animations. In the official viewer it is Me - Movement - Stop animating me.

Or you can have a gesture that does this?... Try open your inventory, type "Active" for search, and stop all gestures.

If that does not work, open Advanced Menu. CTRL + ALT + D (Hold all keys down). Advanced menu is added to the top of the SL screen. What you look for is "Release Keys". This stop any script or attachment that animates your avatar.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few more words, trying to explain better

9 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

Any help appreciated!

trail ride_006.png

Stop all animations in the animation HUD for the Genus head and don't use the animation HUD. There are issues with it they still need to work out, but the eyes and such should still work fine without it.

I use my Genus heads just fine without it.

When it comes to anything on SL, unless it's free obviously, demo the crap out of everything. Not everything fits the tastes of everyone, so mess with and demo things a lot.

Edited by RitaCallisto

13 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

I did find this is the Ariana head. I generally like it, though I have problems with her tongue sticking out sometimes (an AO issue?) and just when I look at myself the lips don't look normal

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh, it is a Catwa head. You can turn off the animations you don't like. I find the Catwa animations too much myself.

Catwa does not have a head with that name. Ariana is a head by Genesis Lab.

38 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Catwa does not have a head with that name. Ariana is a head by Genesis Lab.

Thank you for clearing that up. Ariana is really a popular name. I saw a title for a skin that tricked me - DeeTaleZ DEMO *Appliers* CATWA Head "Ariana"

- and mistook "Ariana" for the head name, while I guess it is the skin's name.

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you for clearing that up. Ariana is really a popular name. I saw a title for a skin that tricked me - DeeTaleZ DEMO *Appliers* CATWA Head "Ariana"

- and mistook "Ariana" for the head name, while I guess it is the skin's name.

Ariana is one of Genesis Lab's gacha rare heads. Some time ago I started compiling a list of head brands and names for quick reference, because every so often we get people coming into the Catwa group to ask for help with a head and it turns out it's one with a similar name from a different brand. Example: the recent Dream 'Ciara' freebie head. Catwa released a head called 'Ciara' in January 2018. We've had quite a few requests for help with that head, so when we ask for the head's name and get 'Ciara' back the first thing we check is where they got it from. If they answer "Free Dove" we know it's the free head by Dream and we direct them to that head's creator for support instead.

19 hours ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

i am using the slink physique body and lelutka cate head. the skin i am wearing is 7 deadly skins. i am, however, thinking of changing to the legacy perky. its a bit pricey so i havent decided yet.

Snapshot_005.jpg

Snapshot_102 (2).jpg

Would definitely wait to see if they have a Black Friday sale. I know I would have regretted getting any Legacy body had I not.

Everything about it is so freaking slow compared to every other body i've used.

Your money though, so totally up to you. 😃

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.