*Activities and/or displaying items that could be construed by Linden Lab as political campaigning is not permitted in Bellisseria.

foneco Zuzu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question about the covenant rule bellow.

*Activities and/or displaying items that could be construed by Linden Lab as political campaigning is not permitted in Bellisseria.

Will this be removed or not.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
Creates unecessary controvery
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

indeed, you will be stuck with Biden for next years.

It's simply not allowed at any time.

I will consider your reply as a non official one and wait to listen for a Linden.

Besides i consider your replay a total lack of character and will report it asap.

• Like 1

My covenant includes that sentence and was last modified in April this year. So it predates the election and I doubt has anything to do with it.

i would take it to mean no yard signs saying vote or don't vote Trump, Biden or Kanye (and local equivalents). 

Political in these contexts is normally considered to be campaigning for a party. So a rainbow flag, a BLM sign etc would be fine.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I understand All the concern regarding my motives for the question, but the truth is that those rules where added just when some stated spamming the Bellisseria landscape with political signs regarding a election that was to come.

And i still think this is the proper place to post the question as it regards Bellisseria .

About my monster commentary i didn't name nobody, i could even being referring to the cookie monster from the Muppet show or the orange dude from a poor reality show.

But ill edit and remove that line.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

ETA: And I think you are trying to bait people with the "clear winner" and "monster" comments. 

'monster' yes - it's an opinion that racists running ethnic concentration camps are monsters.

But 'clear winner' no. Stating simple facts is hardly baiting.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

'monster' yes - it's an opinion that racists running ethnic concentration camps are monsters.

But 'clear winner' no. Stating simple facts is hardly baiting.

The commentary is not relevant to her question, though. We can let the mods make the call on it, though. :) 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, usagihara said:

One of my neighbours had Trump signs in his yard. I probably should have reported it, but I kind of felt the rest of the neighbourhood had the right to know what they were living alongside.

if you'r a real human being, political opinion means nothing more than that... just a opinion . The total demonising political climate in the USA is intolerance in optimum forma. Totally nuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, foneco Zuzu said:

wait to listen for a Linden.

LL mostly only pays attention to these forums to moderate them, so you may or may not get a Linden response here.  You could try asking in a Support ticket or Live Chat.

The Bellisseria covenant is primarily about keeping the area desirable by the majority - or what LL views as the majority anyway. Thus I cannot see any reason why that part of the covenant would be removed -- and personally I hope it does stay there. 

Side note:  While I have seen the Linden Home covenants (old and new) modified over time, I'm pretty sure they have only added things along the way and never actually taken anything out that was there, unless they actually made a mistake and needed to correct it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you'r a real human being, political opinion means nothing more than that... just a opinion . The total demonising political climate in the USA is intolerance in optimum forma. Totally nuts.

My lineage has suffered the consequences of other people's political opinions too many times for me to take them as just that.

I'm part Indigineous South American. It was a politcal opinion that our lives and lands were fair game because we were not European. It was in my lifetime a political opinion that were too many of us in Peru so the government forcibly sterilized women in the very regions my family comes from - the Amazon rainforest highlands above the Inca Valley that foreign tourists love so much.

I'm part Chinese - and a political opinion chased us out of Asia, and is now taking away freedom from the last people in the part of China my kin came from. It's a political opinion in China that anyone with a political opinion has a mental disorder and should be locked up, unless that opinion is the 'Party' opinion.

The 'white people' I knew when I came up to the San Francisco area, the ones I often note got me to first see that not all whites were a dangerous threat (they were in essence, the first white's I'd ever known that never did violence to me - which took me 15 years of life to find)... it was an opinion in Germany in the 1930s that they should be wiped out, and millions of them were gassed. My white friends growing up were the survivors.

It was literally an opinion that started the Atlantic Slave trade - quite literally an essay written by a man arguing that it was inhumane to enslave the indigenous people in New Spain, and that they needed a new supply, and that he'd met some traders who met slavers from the Arab world that said the Africans didn't feel pain or emotion - so were a perfect replacement...

Shockingly the opinion that Blacks don't feel pain is still common in modern medicine... folks are often denied anesthesia because 'your race has a natural immunity to pain'...

- all of these were 'political opinions' shaping policy in their day, and some of them still linger with us.

So... opinions are more than just opinions.

Violent opinions need to be fought against.

Some folks love to say "you should all just get along and play nice".

- You will notice that those folks are almost never the ones paying the costs of other people's opinions... That... is privilege. The privilege to think it doesn't matter, which comes from it never having effected you and yours.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

indeed, you will be stuck with Biden for next years.

It is not just your opinion, you are passing out a sedition notice on the above; to not acknowledge the damage the former President made to America; and keeps doing.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well this thread got out of hand real fast.

Before I close this thread, I would like to say that if we make any changes to the LH Covenant it will be made known. At this time we are not looking to make any changes regarding this particular bit of the Covenant, but we will continue to monitor if any adjustments need to be made in the future.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.