Jump to content
  • 0

my linders disappeared


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
25 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Log into your dashboard  at https://secondlife.com/   and go to Account - L$ Transaction History and that will tell you where your L$  have gone

 

26 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Log into your dashboard  at https://secondlife.com/   and go to Account - L$ Transaction History and that will tell you where your L$  have gone

Almost 7,000 linders disappeared and in the history there is a single purchase of 750 (which I have not made anyway, because it was a gift) but if so, I still have the 6,000 remaining linders that do not appear in the purchase inventory.
It is important to me, since I do not have the resources to buy more.
thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Lauri Denimore said:

 

Almost 7,000 linders disappeared and in the history there is a single purchase of 750 (which I have not made anyway, because it was a gift) but if so, I still have the 6,000 remaining linders that do not appear in the purchase inventory.
It is important to me, since I do not have the resources to buy more.
thanks

As I said in the private message you sent me, you will have to contact support and file a ticket.  The link to support is at the bottom of every forum page

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
26 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

As I said in the private message you sent me, you will have to contact support and file a ticket.  The link to support is at the bottom of every forum page

Hello, @Cindy Evanier, can you help find my Linders also? I can message you if needed.  Linders go missing!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Lauri Denimore said:

Hello, all the linders disappeared, does anyone know where I could claim it? thanks

 

2 hours ago, Lauri Denimore said:

 

Almost 7,000 linders disappeared and in the history there is a single purchase of 750 (which I have not made anyway, because it was a gift) but if so, I still have the 6,000 remaining linders that do not appear in the purchase inventory.
It is important to me, since I do not have the resources to buy more.
thanks

 

Are they really missing or just not showing in the viewer?  Sometime the viewer hiccups and doesn't show the L$ balance.  Check your Dashboard Account Summary page to know for sure what your L$ balance is.  If the viewer is showing ??? then just click that and it will often force a balance reload.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

Are they really missing or just not showing in the viewer?  Sometime the viewer hiccups and doesn't show the L$ balance.  Check your Dashboard Account Summary page to know for sure what your L$ balance is.  If the viewer is showing ??? then just click that and it will often force a balance reload.  

This just happened to me the other day.  I did just that and voila, money was back.  It's probably happened a dozen times over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Lauri Denimore said:

Hello, all the linders disappeared, does anyone know where I could claim it? thanks

Lauri Denimore

Hi Lauri!

First, it's "LindeNs", not "linders".  Linden Lab is the creator of Second Life, and the currency is the Linden Dollar, or L$.

Second, L$ don't "disappear".  The accounting system is quite good, and nearly error free.  You can find out about all the activity in your account in the last 30 days by going to your Dashboard page (the page you see after you log in to this website).  Click Account on the left side of the page, then Account Summary.  This will show your L$.  Sometimes the balance shown in your viewer is incorrect, but this is your real balance.  If your money shows up there, great.  If not...

Also under the Account section, click  L$ Transaction History.  This will show all transactions in your account for the past 30 days.  Here are some things that can happen to make money seem to "disappear":

  • Payments to groups that collect them from their members.  These are usually small charges, just L$ 1 or 2, but they can add up over time.
  • Things you bought that you forgot about
  • A debit permission scam.  If someone gave you an object that asked permission to take money from your account, AND YOU CLICKED ACCEPT, it might be a scam that will take all your money.  If there is a large payment in your Transaction History to someone you don't know, this could be what is happening.  You should immediately report this via both an in world Abuse Report and a call to the LL Fraud Line at 800-860-6990.  If you still have the object, DO NOT WEAR IT or rez it in world.  It can't harm you when it is merely in your inventory, but as long as it is in world it can continue to take your money.

 

 

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

As Lindal Kidd mentioned, one of things that might have happened could be the debit permission scam. That was my first thought (hope I am wrong!). I would also suggest, Lauri, when you have some time teleport to Caledon University and check the schedule: one of my favorite classes there is "Avatar Safety" with Lindal Kidd as the teacher. Worth every word!

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...