No Santa??

StrykerHawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never was taught to believe in Santa. My birth family were very religious and considered it a sin to teach children to believe in Santa. 

I wish I had a chance to believe in Santa for my Dad who adopted me as an older child. He tried so hard to make the holidays magical and for awhile I tried to believe for him. I didn't need a Santa Claus though because I had a real life hero that chose me as his daughter with all the baggage I came with. He rescued me from a lot of darkness. That was magical to me. He made the holidays magical just by being my Dad. I do wish I could of believed for him though. 

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 3

From where I come from only 1% of the population is Christian so we do not have the same concept of Christmas and therefore no Santa. It is more of a year-end winter celebration and a time for friends and couples to throw parties, a time for singles to mope and sulk ... and a time for wives and girlfriends to hound our men to buy us that Yves Saint Laurent clutch lol

I never knew who Santa was until I was maybe in middle school and learned about foreign cultures. Throughout my childhood whenever I saw Santa Claus on TV I thought he was just a cute cartoon representation of fat elderly white men.

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I never was taught to believe in Santa. My birth family were very religious and considered it a sin to teach children to believe in Santa. 

I wish I had a chance to believe in Santa for my Dad who adopted me as an older child. He tried so hard to make the holidays magical and for awhile I tried to believe for him. I didn't need a Santa Claus though because I had a real life hero that chose me as his daughter with all the baggage I came with. He rescued me from a lot of darkness. That was magical to me. He made the holidays magical just by being my Dad. I do wish I could of believed for him though. 

In a way, you did. He was your Santa and you believed in him.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.