Set friend abilities bug (on 551942)

Nick0678

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Found a little bug while i wanted to allow a friend to edit my objects/see my online status so if you happen to face the same issue just teleport to a region running on version 548903 or change abilities from web profile. In the video below you can see how to reproduce it (until it gets fixed by LL, probably there's already a ticket.)

Region Lewis works fine (Version 2020-09-11T22:25:15.548903)

Region Alloy is affected (Version 2020-11-09.551942)

(**Client software doesn't matter, the bug is the same regardless if using Radegast, Firestorm, Black Dragon, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter what region I'm on, the result is the same.  I can't give anyone edit rights on my objects.

I check the box to do that, and their name is greyed out.  I click OK to give the the rights, and it appears to work, but their name is still greyed out.

When I relog, the edit rights box is unchecked.

People trying to give me edit rights, can't, with the same results as above.

Also, last week, I could not see the online status of a friend.  My name was greyed out on her friends list. And she could not give the rights to see her online.

We fixed that by unfriending and refriending her.  She is one on of the people that I can't give edit rights to, and she also can't give them to me.

17 minutes ago, Nevaeh4 Destiny said:

@Swiftly Streeter

that is the exact issue I'm having now for the past 4 days... have you resolved this issue?

A quick solution until the bug is fixed, is to open your friends web profile click the gear on the right side and do the changes from there otherwise you need to be in a region that has not been uplifted to AWS.

Screenshot_2020-11-17_17-05-13.thumb.png.57901c2e54b3e67f62a1890848c2d689.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 2

I am getting it to work by going to Hippo Hollow, the Firestorm Help Region.

It works there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hippo%20Hollow/55/169/51

Using Abbreviations like "AWS" without an explanation of what they mean may not help.

I actually don't know what it means literally, except it refers to the Amazon Cloud.

5 hours ago, Swiftly Streeter said:

Using Abbreviations like "AWS" without an explanation of what they mean may not help.

I actually don't know what it means literally, except it refers to the Amazon Cloud.

EhMG5na.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

Went to Hippo Hollow yesterday evening, and giving edit rights worked there again.

So that's a good place to go to do the work.

Is there any way to see if a region is on the Amazon Cloud?

I can't ask in any help group, as the group chat bug is preventing me from posting in any large group right now, so can't access Firestorm Help.

25 minutes ago, Swiftly Streeter said:

Is there any way to see if a region is on the Amazon Cloud?

Go to your viewer's top-bar Help -> About [viewer name].....

In the "You are at......." section, you will see something like

"ec2-34-212-20-119.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com (34.212.20.119:13023)"  if it is an uplifted (AWS cloud) region.

If everything goes to plan today, every region will look this!

(Except the special regions "Debug1 " and "Debug2" ?)

Edited by Odaks
Afterthought

• Lindens
On 11/12/2020 at 4:55 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Yep, this is a known bug on regions that have been uplifted.

BUG-229623 - [AWS] Avatar permission changes do not stick on AWS regions

To confirm, this is a known bug in AWS regions and there is a workaround. Please use web profiles at https://my.secondlife.com to add or remove permissions. However, if this does not work either, please contact support.

Note: As of this writing, some parts of profiles may be inaccessible. See https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/mwpxz87d7gfh for more details.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.