Merchants Selling Broken Gachas?

o0Tasha0o

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Without giving names of the specific people, how does one deal with "Bad Customer Service" / Merchants who provide broken Gachas?

**RE** Katia, I bought this Gacha in 2017, around the time it first came out (Every Piece Whole Set) spent over 10k Linden I believe.

Basically to this day the merchant is still selling the same Gacha to my knowledge based on the (Demo) in his store running Outdated Maitreya Auto Hide Scripts, so basically the product will Alpha your body on attachment, but not Auto Un-Hide when you take it off because they failed to update the scripts prior to release of the gacha.

Just Yesterday I played another Gacha from Epiphany Event, and another merchant also sells broken Gacha there...
([Salem] Mortifera // FATPACK)

Purchased the item along with  like 1-2k or so to get all rewards, only to find out that the merchant does not include any Auto Hide scripts that are provided by the Maitreya Developers of the mesh body?

In both instances I get lame excuses.

- We can't give you a refund
- We can't give you modify
- We can't fix it (Even if it's just like 3 pieces bugged out of a 14 piece or more set the least they could do is give it out as a freebie to anyone who has played the gacha as compensation).

The only solutions I have been given by either merchant, equip my hud every F***ing time and toggle the alphas???

Yes I tried the Demo of the recent gacha too, but ya know not all merchants put scripts in DEMO, and no one expects a merchant in 2020 to not include full functions of the current released on the mesh body?

Feels like fraud to me, and doesn't seem like they are ever going to provide FIX's to people who love the Gacha and have been waiting years to be able to finally use it right I love the merchants, but this is pathetic.

Merchants like this should be (Denied) selling at events like (Eipiphany) or any other gacha event by managers until they fix since they are selling broken items to consumers and don't even bother to take the time to include a Notecard that says the alpha layer option is not included or warn people from playing it.

45 minutes ago, o0Tasha0o said:

Without giving names of the specific people, how does one deal with "Bad Customer Service" / Merchants who provide broken Gachas?

**RE** Katia, I bought this Gacha in 2017, around the time it first came out (Every Piece Whole Set) spent over 10k Linden I believe.

Basically to this day the merchant is still selling the same Gacha to my knowledge based on the (Demo) in his store running Outdated Maitreya Auto Hide Scripts, so basically the product will Alpha your body on attachment, but not Auto Un-Hide when you take it off because they failed to update the scripts prior to release of the gacha.

Just Yesterday I played another Gacha from Epiphany Event, and another merchant also sells broken Gacha there...
([Salem] Mortifera // FATPACK)

Purchased the item along with  like 1-2k or so to get all rewards, only to find out that the merchant does not include any Auto Hide scripts that are provided by the Maitreya Developers of the mesh body?

In both instances I get lame excuses.

- We can't give you a refund
- We can't give you modify
- We can't fix it (Even if it's just like 3 pieces bugged out of a 14 piece or more set the least they could do is give it out as a freebie to anyone who has played the gacha as compensation).

The only solutions I have been given by either merchant, equip my hud every F***ing time and toggle the alphas???

Yes I tried the Demo of the recent gacha too, but ya know not all merchants put scripts in DEMO, and no one expects a merchant in 2020 to not include full functions of the current released on the mesh body?

Feels like fraud to me, and doesn't seem like they are ever going to provide FIX's to people who love the Gacha and have been waiting years to be able to finally use it right I love the merchants, but this is pathetic.

Merchants like this should be (Denied) selling at events like (Eipiphany) or any other gacha event by managers until they fix since they are selling broken items to consumers and don't even bother to take the time to include a Notecard that says the alpha layer option is not included or warn people from playing it.

No one is required to include auto hide with an item.  It's not broken per se.  It's how it is sold.  A lot say fit for such and such body but aren't rigged correctly so pieces parts are showing.  I don't see that we have much recourse except to not buy them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

No one is required to include auto hide with an item.  It's not broken per se.  It's how it is sold.  A lot say fit for such and such body but aren't rigged correctly so pieces parts are showing.  I don't see that we have much recourse except to not buy them.

Should the merchant not include an actual notecard that says "It lacks the Auto Hide feature", instead of misleading customers into belief that it's fully compatible with Maitreya?

Even if that was the case there is no excuse for a merchant in 2017 using outdated scripts then refusing to fix broken item.

It's really disturbing to have merchants who refuse to provide updates to customers when they sale broken items with no corse for refund / delete items from inventory when you run into a merchant doing this.

1 minute ago, o0Tasha0o said:

Should the merchant not include an actual notecard that says "It lacks the Auto Hide feature", instead of misleading customers into belief that it's fully compatible with Maitreya?

Even if that was the case there is no excuse for a merchant in 2017 using outdated scripts then refusing to fix broken item.

It's really disturbing to have merchants who refuse to provide updates to customers when they sale broken items with no corse for refund / delete items from inventory when you run into a merchant doing this.

Some merchants never have included auto hide on any of their items.  They rig them correctly so it's not needed.  I, personally never liked that feature.  It's how they choose to make their items so it's still not broken.  I prefer to buy things rigged correctly which should be the market standard.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, o0Tasha0o said:

I honestly don't see why autohide is necessary and almost always use the hud. In fact I find auto hides quite annoying especially when swapping between outfits or trying out demos in crowded areas such as clothing events since they autoshow your bits when you take them off or swap to another outfit. I play gacha quite a bit and I would not consider something not having an auto-hide as broken. Not even remotely.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, o0Tasha0o said:

Not having an auto-hide does not make something not compatible with Maitreya.  Many, many clothing items for Maitreya do not have auto-hide scripts -- I actually prefer them without those scripts.

Thus the Gacha is not broken, nor are any disclosures needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, o0Tasha0o said:

Just curious but how are you spending 10k to complete a set? I feel like for the most part Ive only ever spent at most 1500 completing a set and that's generally about the high point of where I value a set. Is this just some sort of completionist thing? I feel like for 10k you should have quite a few complete sets. Did you check the market place first before rolling on the gacha?

Edit: Just saw the set in the MP. It has 5 different color combos so thats around 2k per set if rolling 10k for them. That's a bit high imo. I think if I was rolling that bad I would have cut my losses at some point way south of 10k.

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Just curious but how are you spending 10k to complete a set? I feel like for the most part Ive only ever spent at most 1500 completing a set and that's generally about where I value a set. Is this just some sort of completionist thing? I feel like for 10k you should have gotten 3 or 4 complete sets. Did you check the market place first before rolling on the gacha?

I usually only get them directly from the merchants becuase i'd rather support their amazing creations than buy from 3rd parties some of which like to abuse an exploit to mass duplicate them, and on top of that I know it hasn't been modified in any way :P.

It's just sad two of these merchants one which seems to be really high profile can't even offer a fix to a problem i've had for 3 years on an older gacha lol.

7 minutes ago, o0Tasha0o said:

I usually only get them directly from the merchants becuase i'd rather support their amazing creations than buy from 3rd parties some of which like to abuse an exploit to mass duplicate them, and on top of that I know it hasn't been modified in any way :P.

It's just sad two of these merchants one which seems to be really high profile can't even offer a fix to a problem i've had for 3 years on an older gacha lol.

I actually concur with what you say about the buying straight from vendor. Normally when i get gacha's I wait til after the event to post whatever extras I have.

As for your issue there is, no problem at all to fix. An auto hide is a convenience thing. It is not a necessity. I guess they could have contacted you and explained it better than I probably am and trust me it annoys the hell of out me when I hear of vendors not responding but at the same time you are literally giving them no starting point here as there is essentially no problem.

It's kind of relative to me leaving a message for my car dealership complaining that my car won't start without the key in the ignition. Yes they make cars with a push button, but my car didn't come with one so now I want my money back for it. I honestly don't think that car dealership would get back to me. 

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

I actually concur with what you say about the buying straight from vendor. Normally when i get gacha's I wait til after the event to post whatever extras I have.

As for your issue there is, no problem at all to fix. An auto hide is a convenience thing. It is not a necessity. I guess they could have contacted you and explained it better than I probably am and trust me it annoys the hell of out me when I hear of vendors not responding but at the same time you are literally giving them no starting point here as there is essentially no problem.

It's kind of relative to me leaving a message for my car dealership complaining that my car won't start without the key in the ignition. Yes they make cars with a push button, but my car didn't come with one so now I want my money back for it. I honestly don't think that car dealership would get back to me. 

I getcha, it just feels so stupid that the merchants can't simply let me take a screen-shot of it and give modify perm so I can fix it myself, or fix it themselves and send an update to those requesting it, like it doesn't take  any time at all to throw in the proper alpha script and be done with it.

Most the reputable gacha merchants I know would fix it for me but seems to be a few i've run into that wont.

I mean after all playing directly from vendors and spending huge amount of cash is what allows them to stay in business.

Edited by o0Tasha0o

1 minute ago, o0Tasha0o said:

I getcha, it just feels so stupid that the merchants can't simply let me take a screen-shot of it and give modify perm so I can fix it myself, or fix it themselves and send an update to those requesting it, like it doesn't take  any time at all to throw in the proper alpha script and be done with it.

Most the reputable gacha merchants I know would fix it for me but seems to be a few i've run into that wont.

Yes but by the sounds of it the only issue is that you had to hide a part of your body to make it work. Something that is fixed via your hud. There's very few vendors that are so perfect that you don't need to hide anything. So its pretty common to have to hide some parts. I can only think of 3 maybe 4 offhand and I shop a lot. I think I've been to every event since like July or August. Even the smaller ones.

Just now, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Yes but by the sounds of it the only issue is that you had to hide a part of your body to make it work. Something that is fixed via your hud. There's very few vendors that are so perfect that you don't need to hide anything. So its pretty common to have to hide some parts. I can only think of 3 maybe 4 offhand and I shop a lot. I think I've been to every event since like July or August. Even the smaller ones.

Yes you basically have to put on maitreya hud, and hide it manually, and then if you wwant to swap something or like quickie Mistress / DOM thing and strip naked (Hold on gotta reset my alphas).

Which is why they created auto feature and TBH it's worked wonders over the years.

But as I had a talk with the creators of Maitreya about this they provide the tools just lazy *Censored* don't want to use them it seems, like even I can generate the scripts using the tools the providee everyone but without mod right I can't drop inside to fix.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:36 AM, o0Tasha0o said:

.. .. .. without mod right I can't drop inside to fix.

You don't need an item to be mod to add an auto-hide script, just stick the scripts in a normal prim and wear the prim when you wear the clothing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 8:56 AM, HunniHope said:

You don't need an item to be mod to add an auto-hide script, just stick the scripts in a normal prim and wear the prim when you wear the clothing. 

I did this in the past it used to work but with the new Maitreya Auto Hide system it doesn't work anymore because of changes made to the Maitreya, and both creators refuse to fix the items simply because it's a gacha when the merchants could have simply put down a gacha exchanger in t he store to exchange copy permission or deliver updates if required to people who had gachas.

5 hours ago, o0Tasha0o said:

.. ..  with the new Maitreya Auto Hide system it doesn't work anymore because of changes made to the Maitreya, 

This is incorrect. The new V5 auto-hide does work in stand alone objects, just like the previous versions, the CSR's for Maitreya have even been explaining to users in the discord chat how to do that. and it is even in their own written instructions about it being in a prim.  Personally I have a pet hate from auto-hide scripts, and never include them, and only provide a system alpha now that BoM is becoming ever popular

On 11/23/2020 at 9:42 PM, HunniHope said:

This is incorrect. The new V5 auto-hide does work in stand alone objects, just like the previous versions, the CSR's for Maitreya have even been explaining to users in the discord chat how to do that. and it is even in their own written instructions about it being in a prim.  Personally I have a pet hate from auto-hide scripts, and never include them, and only provide a system alpha now that BoM is becoming ever popular

Weird doesn't seem to work, I just tested it with the new V5 script?

Do you by any chance got link to their discord because support is the ones who told me this wouldn't work anymore as I tried it :\.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.