what do you all you to add photos to forums?

latinatransgirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ive used gyazo to "take the picture" but usually just posted a link in a group chat or whatever purpose i had for it. i think you can only use it so many times before you have to pay a monthly subscription. so do you all use something else or do you just pay for the sub? ive seen alot of flikr accounts just not sure what they use to go from SL snapshot to there. anyway just was wanting a few ideas thanks.

34 minutes ago, latinatransgirl said:

ive used gyazo to "take the picture" but usually just posted a link in a group chat or whatever purpose i had for it. i think you can only use it so many times before you have to pay a monthly subscription. so do you all use something else or do you just pay for the sub? ive seen alot of flikr accounts just not sure what they use to go from SL snapshot to there. anyway just was wanting a few ideas thanks.

Many do use Flickr.  Take the snapshot & save it to the computer.  Post-process it if you wish -- most blog stuff is post-processed.  The upload to Flickr.

You get more pictures there for free than you do with free Gyazo, but I don't remember the number - I've paid for my Flickr account for a decade now.

Flickr for me as well. But technically you can use any website you wish to upload images to - I occasionally use imgBB when collaborating with people to show off WIPs, then I can also make it so the image is only saved for a few minutes rather than making a permanent upload. 

A lot of the SL fashion creator/blogger community hang out on Flickr, so it's a good platform for keeping up with creators you like and getting inspiration as well. Especially with in-world groups being pretty much borked, limited, and generally unpleasant to deal with as of late. 

• 2 months later...

For anyone in Windows the fastest and easiest way is to use the SNIPPET tool now called Snip and Sketch as they added things to it recently.   Just start Snip and Sketch (I have an icon in my toolbar) and then draw a rectangle around the part you want to save. Then paste right into the forum window.  It loads automatically.  The quick key method is shown in the shot. 

This ONLY works if you don't need to show the interface. But it works in all types of programs, so screenshots from Blender, or from you web browser etc.  I just found it a couple of years ago but it has been part of Windows for a VERY long time evidently. 

My tip of the day :D 

image.thumb.png.972458bfcede0b87ab3b1abbaa1cd995.png

You can also do a freeform snip.

image.thumb.png.1d628d5e811cae0a4ebdbf7d1e9260b5.png

image.png.c39d1616d1a11cad8832f1f829e85ef5.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.