What is wrong with group chat?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I just want to pop in and say yes, we are working on it. Not me directly, but our awesome engineers and developers. If I tried to fix it, I would probably just make it worse since that is not my area of expertise. Just know, that we want it fixed as much as all of you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sl group chat has been rubish for years, this current 'fault' has been going on over a week now its not good enough, we now use discord for staff chat and for our club vips we have been trying to divert them for a year to discord, many have joined Discord but only a fraction of our over 11.000 member base have joined so far, I think the more active memebrs have joined Discord.

Edited by Phoebe Avro

Just now, Frankie Antonioni said:

I can now read group chat. That means that LL has gotten new hamsters to run their computers,  or they have gotten new tape for their mainframe computer.

Or you're just lucky today...still don't hold your breath on tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:
20 minutes ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

I can now read group chat. That means that LL has gotten new hamsters to run their computers,  or they have gotten new tape for their mainframe computer.

Or you're just lucky today...still don't hold your breath on tomorrow.

This ^^^

Now, if only they could get Group Notices fixed.  I'm tired of having to check for undelivered notices in 1/2-3/4 of my 70 groups every day.  No matter how many times I uncheck/recheck the group notices box, there are still some groups that I just never get the notices for.  I don't know if it is related to group size or what, but it is extremely frustrating.

11 minutes ago, Rhyssa Prather said:

Well..it's not fixed, I can promise that.

I was fine..and now I'm not.

Anyone know anything that can be done to help? Or just wait and pray they realize it's not a fix (not a premium member) but it actually broke it worse?

Group chat is better for me overall, so I wouldn't necessarily say they "broke it worse".  

All I can suggest is to file a Support ticket.

Side note -- being Premium has nothing to do with whether chat works or not, or whether or not you can report it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

• 3 months later...

Well something is wrong at LL again. I can't read group chat. I could this morning, but when I got on a few hours ago, I couldn't. I can read personal IMs. So if somebody sends me an IM, I can read that. But messages posted in groups, I can't read. Even ones that I post. This same thing happened in November. I hope it doesn't take another week.

9 hours ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

Well something is wrong at LL again. I can't read group chat. I could this morning, but when I got on a few hours ago, I couldn't. I can read personal IMs. So if somebody sends me an IM, I can read that. But messages posted in groups, I can't read. Even ones that I post. This same thing happened in November. I hope it doesn't take another week.

Same thing has happened to me, i cannot read or get group notifications, i cannot see people talking or myself, and its in almost all my groups

I can now read group chat.  Rocko Linden told me to clear cache, and restart my viewer. After I did that, it worked. If you have the same problem, then try to do what I did.

First clear cache, then loggoff from SL. Then logg back on. If that doesn't work, then file a ticket, or if you have, then update your ticket. If you are premium, then you can use live chat.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

What is wrong with group chat?

People.

Answer: go to Discord?

I personally have no time to make a Discord for my customers. They can make their own? Or join like the Fantasy Faire one?

Or any other of various SL affinity groups.

I personally chat on Twitter now with SL people because...

well, you know.

It can be hard to compensate for groups not working on things like the roles not kicking in even when people relog. Just spent half an hour on that, fun times.

But chat is just a window away on Twitter or whatever. Plurk. Aren't they all on plurk?

I think a group is a thing to put land in, but not be able to search for it with the group afterwards. That's ok. It can be like my filing cabinets in RL then. Carry on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.