Ok, probably asked a million times...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But I need to make sure I'm understanding this when it comes to sculpties, and I'm having trouble finding something relative to Maya and this, and the search doesn't like me getting too specific with my searches...

I can make sculpties, and am using Maya to do so. I've used Blender but I could never get the mirror option to work like it would in Maya, and the only time I did get it to work was so time consuming I decided to stick with Maya for the time being. So, I have made a few sculpty pieces, mainly for hair, but want to start making some clothing items with them. Considering mesh will never be available for SL anytime soon  I think this is a skill I need to learn to make better clothing or what have you. 

I got the script from the sculpty wiki, and have used it successfully for hair pieces. When moving on to clothes, would I unwrap said sculpty pieces like I would any normal object in Maya via the Create Uv's option, texture using those Uv's, then bring that texture into SL to apply to my sculpty after I made the map for that? Or do you just kinda offset the texture until it looks like it should in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.