general-discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think a lot of people pushing Freya to the limit are interested in a shiny new toy to play with. Hopefully nobody accuses me of "concern trolling" again but when your body feels  abandoned (BOM out a year ago and no updates man!) a bit of buzz is an exciting thing.

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Hopefully nobody accuses me of "concern trolling" again but when your body feels  abandoned (BOM out a year ago and no updates man!) a bit of buzz is an exciting thing.

That's remarkable.

Surely the make is beginning to suffer as a result? Is it being abandoned by clothing creators? It's sure not a good look for Belleza, and doesn't seem to suggest a whole lot of commitment to keeping the thing going.

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's remarkable.

Surely the make is beginning to suffer as a result? Is it being abandoned by clothing creators? It's sure not a good look for Belleza, and doesn't seem to suggest a whole lot of commitment to keeping the thing going.

I think so. Legacy Maitreya Freya has typically been a common set of riggings at events.  With petite and perky, I see more creators thinning down to Legacy+Perky and Lara+Petite. I think  the next test will be how fast / if Belleza can update to the new standard neck join that is proliferating across the grid. Right now with a Lelutka Evo head. for example. Belleza are the only "major" body with a neckline.

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 1

Just now, missyrideout said:

I think so. Legacy Maitreya Freya has typically been a common set of riggings at events.  With petite and perky, I see more creators thinning down to Legacy+Perky and Lara+Petite. I think  the next test will be how fast / if Belleza can update to the new standard neck join that is proliferating across the grid. Right now with a Lelutka Evo head. for example. Belleza are the only body with a neckline.

Why wouldn't people be turning to Hourglass? That still seems to be a pretty common rigging fir new clothes, and it's roughly comparable in shape, is it not?

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why wouldn't people be turning to Hourglass? That still seems to be a pretty common rigging fir new clothes, and it's roughly comparable in shape, is it not?

I'm not sure, I take it as the lure of something new and shiny, nothing more complicated than that ! Don't get me wrong, Freya is still the third most common rigging at events if we consider Legacy and its variants one, and Lara's another.  But for connoisseurs of thick shapes the biggest difference between Freya and HG are the legs. If you max out the fat on Freya she has thick legs all the way to the ankle, on Hourglass you get giant thighs tapering to supermodel skinny calves. Bodies like Kupra, built from the  ground up to be thick, usually handle this better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

I'm not sure, I take it as the lure of something new and shiny, nothing more complicated than that ! Don't get me wrong, Freya is still the third most common rigging at events if we consider Legacy and its variants one, and Lara's another.  But for connoisseurs of thick shapes the biggest difference between Freya and HG are the legs. If you max out the fat on Freya she has thick legs all the way to the ankle, on Hourglass you get giant thighs tapering to supermodel skinny calves. Bodies like Kupra, built from the  ground up to be thick, usually handle this better.

Actually, another thing I did notice on kupra was the thinner lower legs no matter the leg size.  It was out of proportion IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A lot of people are having a really hard time with giving up alpha cuts. Hourglass uses alpha layers, which a lot of creators haven't started including with their clothes. It was one of the only bodies that was truly BoM, but it suffered for it. I think it can use alpha cuts via the hud, but it makes it a lot more complicated.

People are opting for simplicity over complexity.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

A lot of people are having a really hard time with giving up alpha cuts. Hourglass uses alpha layers, which a lot of creators haven't started including with their clothes. It was one of the only bodies that was truly BoM, but it suffered for it. I think it can use alpha cuts via the hud, but it makes it a lot more complicated.

People are opting for simplicity over complexity.

I have used Freya forever it seems. However, growing increasingly frustrated with how Freya is very often ignored in favor of (many) other bodies, I went and looked at demos of other bodies.
I landed on SLink Hourglass because it allowed me to create a shape which was almost a carbon copy of my Freya shape (using Freya shape on HG does not work, of course, modifications must be made). The one thing that took the longest to get used to for me, was the different characteristics of the boobs. They are less full than the Freya boobs. Other than that, I managed to make both look a lot alike, so it hardly feels like I am wearing a different body.

I now alternate between the two because they both feel like "me", and I get to wear HG clothes and attachments which are not available for Freya and vice versa.

P.S. The HG (and I imagine the Physique too) come with 2 versions in the package. Classic and Redux. The classic uses alpha cuts like all the other bodies, but the Redux uses alpha layers, like we used in the past on our system bodies. You get both, so you can use whatever is right for the moment, or your mood.

• Like 3

I've played around with it. It's a nice body with some really good features. You're going to have large breasts and a big booty no matter what you do. I made a shape that is medium sized, tall and leggy. But I've seen them much smaller and I've seen them much bigger, which means the rigging is excellent. I know it's not for everyone, but they did a good job on it and I would say its about as mainstream as a body type like that could get.

kupra.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I've played around with it. It's a nice body with some really good features. You're going to have large breasts and a big booty no matter what you do. I made a shape that is medium sized, tall and leggy. But I've seen them much smaller and I've seen them much bigger, which means the rigging is excellent. I know it's not for everyone, but they did a good job on it and I would say its about as mainstream as a body type like that could get.

kupra.png

The one nice thing they did too was include different feet for maitreya and slink shoes if I remember correctly.

• Like 4

There's so many slim and regular sized bodies for everyone. Inithium Kupra is for the bigger, curvier gals. I for one, absolutely love the body! It's refreshing to see something different. The bod' shouldn't be frowned upon just because it isn't a typical body like Legacy or Maitreya.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, xPhat said:

There's so many slim and regular sized bodies for everyone. Inithium Kupra is for the bigger, curvier gals. I for one, absolutely love the body! It's refreshing to see something different. The bod' shouldn't be frowned upon just because it isn't a typical body like Legacy or Maitreya.

Speaking as someone who was tired of having a default C+ cup size, and was delighted when Maitreya came out with Petite, I completely get the desire for something different.

• Like 2

I love my Kupra. A lot of my offline friends are crazy curvy, and I can recreate those lush figures with this. I couldn't do it with Freya, couldn't do it with Hourglass, but I can do it with the Kupra. The only reservation I have is the thighs in comparison to the calves, and I can live with that. 

I own most of the bodies, but the Kupra has become my everyday, and my only regret is how much I'm spending on cute clothes.

Cherry Blossoms

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, RowanMinx said:

No, that's an older picture of the Skiing body made by the same people as kupra.  I will say the newer one isn't as 'lumpy' as the older version.  I just couldn't get the demo butt to look small enough for me.  I like a nice round behind but nah, kupra still has too much junk in the trunk.

What body do you like most out of the more curvy bodies?

On 11/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, Jayde Genira said:

I love my Kupra. A lot of my offline friends are crazy curvy, and I can recreate those lush figures with this. I couldn't do it with Freya, couldn't do it with Hourglass, but I can do it with the Kupra. The only reservation I have is the thighs in comparison to the calves, and I can live with that. 

I own most of the bodies, but the Kupra has become my everyday, and my only regret is how much I'm spending on cute clothes.

Cherry Blossoms

So how much clothes can you buy? How many stores is offering Kupra sizes? I thought the breasts on the small breast version was adorable, but I fear it will not be made any clothes for it, since those who like Kupra, will buy the big boob version. (I would buy your outfit and wear it on Maitreya, is it a mainstream store or a special Kupra store?)

And what do you do with AO's? It is already so many animations that put hands in hips, even on a slimmer size of the other bodies.

Ps, SUPER cute hair. Where is it from?

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What body do you like most out of the more curvy bodies?

I like my Legacy.  I used the original which I loved too but switched to Maitreya because a lot of stores weren't including anything for tmp.  I tried belleza and slink but never liked them enough to switch.  When legacy came out, I loved it immediately.  The body just has a softness? the others don't have.

27 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I like my Legacy.  I used the original which I loved too but switched to Maitreya because a lot of stores weren't including anything for tmp.  I tried belleza and slink but never liked them enough to switch.  When legacy came out, I loved it immediately.  The body just has a softness? the others don't have.

Yea, that's one I've been trying on this morning.. The other was Slink and I forget what other one I was looking at.. hehehe

It seems really nice with the curvy shapes So far that I've tested it with..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.