Sign in to follow this  
song326

How can I completely delete/cancel my account?

Question

20 answers to this question

Alwin Alcott    2,691
1 minute ago, champalokjaiswal said:

but it is not deleting my account so what i can do to delete my account

just that as stated in this old subject...

but:

if you own land, you need to abandon that first, and your account will stay active during that billingcycle, or as long your premiumsubscription is prepaid.

if you click the button to terminate it won't disappear instantly, but will have a little delay, the time when it's done is visible on your accountpage.

if you are basic member, you eventually also simply can leave your account where it is, just don't log in.

Rolig Loon    14,306

If you have a Basic (free) account, you don't need to cancel anything.  Just remove yourself from any groups that normallyl charge you a monthly liability and then walk away and leave the account intact.  If you have a Premium account, downgrade it to Basic ( at https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php?lang=en-US ) and then walk away. If you actually cancel your account and then decide to come back later when you've changed your mind, LL will charge $9.95 to reinstate the account, and you will have lost all of the things that are now in your inventory.  However. if you leave the account intact, it will just sit there at no cost to you for a very long time (18 months?) before LL decides to delete it.

• Like 1

I would council that it's not necessary to delete/cancel the account.  Just cancel any Premium subscriptions, and walk away.  That way if you do come back later, your account, password and all your stuff (I assume you've bought stuff and don't want to lose it) will still be here waiting for you. 

If you do the whole cancellation thing, the account and all your inventory are utterly irreplacable and gone forever.  While it certainly sends our lords and masters high in the Linden towers a strong message, it also burns the bridges behind you.  If you can avoid kicking yourself for destroying everything you already have, go ahead and Cancel.  If you think you may want to see a concert or some other event inworld someday, just drop from premium to Basic and never log in again -- you'll lose no inventory at all.

I also suggest that you be totally sure that you have NO land holdings at all when you cancel the premium.  I still had a 512m spot given to a group, and I was charged for the land after I downgraded because I was no longer premium thus couldn't contribute anything.  Not a terrible cost, but if you are leaving and think your costs are Zero, they can build up over time because you don't know the charges are continuing. 

Marigold Devin    1,283

Bear in mind that even if you do delete your account, it will remain forever on the database, and your profile can still be opened by anyone with a calling card in their inventory, or your name on their friend list.  You may as well do nothing at all, simply remove the Second Life software from your computer and move on if you are deciding Second Life is just not for you, or if you are wishing to start a brand new Second Life, you can just create a brand new avatar in the same way that you created your first one.

Unlike real life, a Second Life avatar can be just a rehearsal.

StarLite46    0

I change minde about new account I have made for BethAnnWildHeart I like to cancel all of profile an just stay whit my old acc as StarLite46 so can you please remove BethAnnWildHeart profile account

Rolig Loon    14,306

Nope. We are all SL residents just like you. We can't mess with your account. You'll have to do that yourself. Open your dashboard at secondlife.com and navigate to Account >>> Cancel Account.

On 5/27/2011 at 1:54 AM, LoveAngeL Lyre said:

Hello song. Open your dashboard --> Account --> Cancel Account

I suggest you NOT to delete it because it is possible to regret about in the future.

1 hour ago, champalokjaiswal said:

Your account isn't actually immediately deleted when you cancel. This allows those who change their minds to come back. Linden Lab may actually delete the account after some time, but I think that's a very long time. If you are hell-bent on never returning, read this thread...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Your account isn't actually immediately deleted when you cancel. This allows those who change their minds to come back. Linden Lab may actually delete the account after some time, but I think that's a very long time. If you are hell-bent on never returning, read this thread...

when I left in 2015 after a vicious rl breakup I was like nah I´ll never come back but ...well... look at me now...2,5 yrs later ^^ I managed not to go as nuts as I have been back in the day, but yeah^^

if you REALLY want to stay out of SL follow the thread she linked^^