Talking Huds

Gem Oxygen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why is this even a thing? it seems more and more prevalent in the last two yrs and quite frankly it is annoying  AF. If you wear mesh clothing and shop frequently you know the deal you get  loading clothing spamming you when you first log in or change to something. It's not HUDS but the damn clothing it's self....

Such and such designer boots loading: some numbers, colour pack 123

Too kool shirt loaded.....HUD23456 mem

some random pants designer hud loading.....

Some random pants designer hud ready memory 3....

hair designer loaded and ready...

Your special necklace is ready...colour pack2480

sparkly earrings L.. bling off ready...

sparkly earrings R.. bling off ready..

Lip piercing dble ring HUD ready loaded...

I don't get why the clothing has to tell me anything,  scripts don't need to spam the F* out of my local chat to tell me its loading, I don't care, not one bit. When I first log in I need local to tell me if my friends are logged in, if I have some designer sending me a update, I want my local chat to show me records of my visitor logs from my sims, just as I told it to send me off-lines, when I have to scroll and scroll and scroll up to skip all their talking clothing crap to get to stuff I actually care about I am thoroughly annoyed, Also if my RLV is working  since I wear several RLV based items. The clothing spam granted is only  during logging in but  as content creator, I log in and out pretty much ALL DAY to test textures, load stuff, chat,  so the constant spam from clothing is enough to make me take off the clothing and find some older stuff to wear while I make stuff. If I had known before hand......I would not of bought stuff, I am to the point of needing huge red warning labels put on advertisements so customers can make a choice

It's not just in clothing, anything you attach, jewelry is the worst..

I don't know why designers have gone to this, and I know I am not the only consumer with this gripe, just please stop putting scripts into clothing that spams your customers local chat, scriptwriters please do not put this unnecessary code into your scripts to sell. I love my designers, I love spending my Lindens on your fabulous creations but this madness has to stop. This never was a thing, so people telling me oh that how it was made, I call BS because I have huds and  colour changing huds from like three yrs ago that do not put anything in local so it is possible, I just don't know if the talking/spamming crap is done out of sheer designer convenience to buying pre-made talking scripts or the ones making the pre made scripts/huds. Quite honestly I don't care who's fault it is but please.. stop it. And people telling me " Then don't buy stuff"  P* off, seriously? It's comes down to getting your voice heard, it comes down to letting designers know this is not acceptable and I refuse to be like some poor consumer who has to just bend over for the sake of someone else making money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Gem Oxygen said:

Why is this even a thing? it seems more and more prevalent in the last two yrs and quite frankly it is annoying  AF. If you wear mesh clothing and shop frequently you know the deal you get  loading clothing spamming you when you first log in or change to something. It's not HUDS but the damn clothing it's self....

Such and such designer boots loading: some numbers, colour pack 123

Too kool shirt loaded.....HUD23456 mem

some random pants designer hud loading.....

Some random pants designer hud ready memory 3....

hair designer loaded and ready...

Your special necklace is ready...colour pack2480

sparkly earrings L.. bling off ready...

sparkly earrings R.. bling off ready..

Lip piercing dble ring HUD ready loaded...

I don't get why the clothing has to tell me anything,  scripts don't need to spam the F* out of my local chat to tell me its loading, I don't care, not one bit. When I first log in I need local to tell me if my friends are logged in, if I have some designer sending me a update, I want my local chat to show me records of my visitor logs from my sims, just as I told it to send me off-lines, when I have to scroll and scroll and scroll up to skip all their talking clothing crap to get to stuff I actually care about I am thoroughly annoyed, Also if my RLV is working  since I wear several RLV based items. The clothing spam granted is only  during logging in but  as content creator, I log in and out pretty much ALL DAY to test textures, load stuff, chat,  so the constant spam from clothing is enough to make me take off the clothing and find some older stuff to wear while I make stuff. If I had known before hand......I would not of bought stuff, I am to the point of needing huge red warning labels put on advertisements so customers can make a choice

It's not just in clothing, anything you attach, jewelry is the worst..

I don't know why designers have gone to this, and I know I am not the only consumer with this gripe, just please stop putting scripts into clothing that spams your customers local chat, scriptwriters please do not put this unnecessary code into your scripts to sell. I love my designers, I love spending my Lindens on your fabulous creations but this madness has to stop. This never was a thing, so people telling me oh that how it was made, I call BS because I have huds and  colour changing huds from like three yrs ago that do not put anything in local so it is possible, I just don't know if the talking/spamming crap is done out of sheer designer convenience to buying pre-made talking scripts or the ones making the pre made scripts/huds. Quite honestly I don't care who's fault it is but please.. stop it. And people telling me " Then don't buy stuff"  P* off, seriously? It's comes down to getting your voice heard, it comes down to letting designers know this is not acceptable and I refuse to be like some poor consumer who has to just bend over for the sake of someone else making money.

I was just thinking this today when I logged in and my earrings spammed chat with 6 lines of nonsense.  I've always wondered why they did that too.  I suppose with the earrings, if I can, I could make copies of the 4 colors and hopefully be able to delete that crap storm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.