Using the new viewer, all the avatar names and pose tags show up on my avatar, blocking my face.

Kristie Morpork

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im using the new viewer, I love the layout and ease of it, however, I've had this issue for some time and can not seem to find a solution. When I zoom around using my camera, the avatar names and pose tags show up on my avatar, blocking my face. Same on other avatars, if I zoom in to them and there is a land mark tag, or pose ball behind them, the title shows up on their face or body instead of being blocked... This is getting very annoying..

P L E A S E help.

thanks,

Kristie

5 answers to this question

Other people have also commented on this bug in LL's V2 viewer.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Help-Names-over-my-face/qaq-p/828235.  I can't find a JIRA report on it, so you should probably take a pic and submit a JIRA yourself so that it's documented.  Until it's fixed, you can try using the Phoenix viewer instead.  It displays tags correctly.

That is because of some changes in llhudtext.cpp and llhudrender.cpp instead of Viewer 1 that uses a different 3D rendering method. Best idea would be to file a JIRA and hope that LL will sort it out.

P.S.: Yes, it is really annoying - but matches the overall annoyance factor of Viewer 2...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.