Good female mesh heads?

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To build avatars which serve as models I need one or two female mesh heads. I'm not looking for freebies or beta versions. But neither I want to pay 5000 L. I searched on the market, but wasn't lucky. Well, I admit I'm new when it comes to mesh heads. So I would be grateful for links to market or inworld shops. Important: they must be BOM ready. 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling

You should start to follow Ryan Schults Second Life Steals, Deals and Freebies.

https://ryanschultz.com/category/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies/

She is up to date. You just missed a free anniversary mesh head that is 100% working, not a lower quality. BoM ready and Bento animated.

You missed that one, but read back in that category and see if you find something you like.

I have not been in Genus mainstore for a while, but if their free "Strong" head is up for grabs, get it. It is also BoM, just turn it on in the HUD.

Neither of these was/is on the Marketplace.

Edit to add: I will wait for Black Friday, and hope for some deals.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Slink heads are BoM ready and costs $2000L : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slink/61/136/26

GA.EG have non-bento (doesn't respond much to sliders & can't do face animations) and bento that are BoM ready. They range from $1250L to $3000L. : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/GAELINE CREATIONS/51/112/26

LeLutka fits your BoM requirements, and goes for $3990L; may be a bit more than the other two but not as much as the more famous one.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeLutka/133/124/37

I second Marianne's suggestion of waiting for Black Friday deals. It's a couple of weeks away.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Slink heads are BoM ready and costs $2000L

Hi, thank you. I purchased a Slink head yesterday. I have tons of classic skins. Many look very good with this head. Lelutka is probably not bad either, but the price....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Isn’t Lelutka still 3500? It’s a high quality head and the new version goes a long way in correcting the neck seam issue.

As I mentioned I have the Lelutka Axis head and I'm happy with it. I don't doubt that their heads are of a high quality as well, but the price....

12 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Nice to meet you, Josephine. 🙂 I thought Laq has male bodies and heads only.  I check it out.

I use a LAQ head. I went to the store to check out one on sale for 500, and ended up falling in love for one at full price. So be careful.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 11:01 PM, Talligurl said:

I use a LAQ head. I went to the store to check out one on sale for 500, and ended up falling in love for one at full price. So be careful.

Actually, LAQ would be a good call for Doc, if he's after multiple different heads. Because you buy the hud only once, and all the heads themselves are just L$1500 each. The one hud works with all the heads. You can even just get the heads and not bother with the hud at all if you're going strictly BOM and don't mind missing out on animations and other customisation.

Another option is Lightstar. They look naff with the supplied skins but they work well with BOM. 12 to choose from at L$1000 each, I think. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:44 AM, Maitimo said:

Actually, LAQ would be a good call for Doc

Thanks for the tip. Actutally I have issues to get LAQ demos working with BoM. First, the demos include no HUD. So I got a demo HUD. But I didn't find a button to activate BoM. So I got the BOM relay in the Laq shop. But it is still not working. No classic skin gets applied to the demo heads. Perhaps it doesn't work with demos? Apart from that, the HUD is 3000. Plus 1,500 for a head. That's 4,500 L.  Ok, the HUD works with all heads, but it is still much compared with the Slink head for 2000.

laq.jpg

And with Genus head it works fine. See picture below. What do I wrong? I get a message that says OMEGA is setting up my mesh? OMEGA? As the first picture clearly shows I used the BOM relay. Not an Omega one. I'm confused. lol Anyway, when I wear an head alpha the head turns red. Normally a sign that BoM is active. But then why this messed up looking face?

genushead1.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling

Check the Normie Head https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Normie-Head/13071631 its inexpensive, good looking and can be easily edited to be BOM, it doesn't come with eyes but any unrigged mesh eyes can go with it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pauck said:

heck the Normie Head https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Normie-Head/13071631 its inexpensive, good looking and can be easily edited to be BOM, it doesn't come with eyes but any unrigged mesh eyes can go with it. 

Ah, thank you. I give it a try. Picture below is to show that I normally know what I'm doing. It's a Slink Jacquie head on a Maytreya Lara body, custom shape with a classic skin baked on it. No editing. No facelight used. Just EEP light settings.

myrthe.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:44 AM, Maitimo said:

Another option is Lightstar. They look naff with the supplied skins but they work well with BOM. 12 to choose from at L$1000 each, I think. 

That is a good one. I purchased it. Thanks a lot for telling me. Below lightstar Athena with random classic skins.

athena1.jpg

athena3.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

For those who thought they missed the free female and male LOGO head, here are good news:

"Due to the overwhelming number of people who messaged me and were disappointed that the LOGO Anniversary Event ended and they missed the chance to get the Chelsea or Chase heads I've decided to continue offering them FREE for group members for the next couple of weeks.  They are now located in the store so make sure to tell your friends not to miss this second chance!"

Information and pictures: https://ryanschultz.com/2020/10/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-male-and-female-bento-bakes-on-mesh-heads-from-logo-on-their-15th-anniversary/

The only thing different is the location, the mainstore.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few word to clarify what I mean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

For those who thought they missed the free female and male LOGO head, here are good news:

Indeed good news. I got it and I like it much. Thanks for the info. Below an avatar that I made on the fly with the Chelsea free head and my own shape without fine tuning. I only used the head and the teeth and added a little bit make up.  All works fine with BoM. No appliers used. Anyway, the box includes many more parts.

logohead.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.