2- part question..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1) Are there different skins available for viewer 2?

2) I have a folder in my inventory that I cannot delete, when I highlight and right click I get NO options to do a thing with it. Any way to remove it? (It's not part of the library inventory - its a folder that was created when I opened a box and copied to my inventory, something I no longer want).

Thanks,

Wiki

Viewer skins are few and far between right now. The basic user interface is changing so fast it is hard for skin makers to make one that lasts for more than a couple of weeks.

If there is a problem with a folder... visit a deserted and empty region. Pooley is a Linden owned region that is mostly empty. Depending on the time of day it is also deserted. If it isn't, one of the adjacent regions will be.

In Preferences clear your cache. Log off. Log into your Last Location. Open your inventory and type something into the search box (it can speed up inventory loading in some cases). Stay in the region until your inventory is loaded. You'll see an incrementing number at the top of the inventory panel. It stops when intentory is loaded.

Then try to remove the folder.

If you are using Third Party Viewers, there are some SL folders they cannot delete and some viewer specific folders they insist on having. The basic SL system folders cannot be deleted. The library folder can be turned off but not deleted.

Starlight offers multiple skin options for V2, or if you are really brave, you can try directly editing the skin files in the viewer directoy

if the folder has an icon, it's a system folder and you cannot remove it, if it's just one of the folder created by give inventory, you should still be able to drag it to the trash folder ;)

Thank you all for the quick answers...

As far as the skins I will look into starlight, I'm not brave enough to try the editing ;)

the folder is still there.. I jumped to pooley and tried the suggestions.. no luck.

the folder doesnt have an icon on it, its an inventory item I was given.. (boxed then opened) and it wont let me drag it to the trash and when I right click on it .. its shows *no options*.

very odd that it won't let you even drag it... have you tried the optional menu at the bottom with a gear on it? it should contain all the normal options when the folder is selected.

ETA:
there is also a trash icon down at the bottom right that should remove the folder if the folder is selected.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Viewer skins are few and far between right now. The basic user interface is changing so fast it is hard for skin makers to make one that lasts for more than a couple of weeks.

There is normally a version of the StarLight skin collection available within a couple of hours of (and sometimes before) each Beta and full version of the Viewer comes out.  As well as different colours it also adds in extra options and resized panels - there is even an option to remove the sidebar if you wish.Starlight_skin_poster.png

Void Singer wrote:

very odd that it won't let you even drag it... have you tried the optional menu at the bottom with a gear on it? it should contain all the normal options when the folder is selected.

ETA:

there is also a trash icon down at the bottom right that should remove the folder if the folder is selected.

I have tried every option.. it doesn't let me do a single thing with this folder other than highlight it. Guess Im just stuck with it in my inventory... thanks for the suggestions.

Wiki

Luc Starsider wrote:

The folder; is it on the same level as 'Inventory' and 'Library'?

Some times folders end up on root level, and there is no way to get them back to where they belong aside from filing a ticket.

- Luc -

here is a picture of my collapsed inventory and the folder that I cannot delete.. *no options*.  I have tried in both phoenix and viewer 2.. no luck

inventory.png

Luc Starsider wrote:

Yes, it will.

It might take some time to get the ticket handled, though.

- Luc -

yes.. Im sure you are right.. thankfully its just more of an annoyance to me than anything else.

I filed the ticket tonight.. the clock has started.. I am curious to see how long it takes.

Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

Luc Starsider wrote:

Fingers crossed that it won't take too long!

In the mean time, ignore it if you can.

- Luc -

you may want to un-cross those fingers Luc it seems you will probably lose circulation of the blood while waiting ;)

I started the ticket as stated above.. and have had absolutely NO response except for the automatically generated email that they received my ticket... yes it's not a high priority issue I admit (and I can ignore the item forever if need be), but some actual action on their part would be nice.  I even went as far as adding a comment to my ticket stating just this... tick tock.. I still remain curious about the length of time it will take to get solved, or even some response on the part of LL, I am grateful it's a minor issue.  I sympathize with those who have filed tickets for more serious matters (although I pray they get sorted in a priority queue and handled quicker).

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.