Host names not being permitted by Anti Virus programmes

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since yesterday my AV programme BullGuard is rejecting any port opening requests from SL servers.  It seems that something has changed at the LL end and the new host names are being rejected and I am disconnected.  Any others seeing this?

1 hour ago, Aishagain said:

Since yesterday my AV programme BullGuard is rejecting any port opening requests from SL servers.  It seems that something has changed at the LL end and the new host names are being rejected and I am disconnected.  Any others seeing this?

LL is moving to aws, so it might be blocking those new aws addresses. since the naming changed,  might want to white list aws.

5 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL is moving to aws, so it might be blocking those new aws addresses. since the naming changed,  might want to white list aws.

Yes, I did think of that, however the two hosts that were specified in the AV reports were datacenter hosts ( ie agni.linden.com). My plan is to specify both the AWS and datacenter host names and see the result.  It just struck me as odd that datacenter hosts names were being rejected.

Edited by Aishagain

42 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Yes, I did think of that, however the two hosts that were specified in the AV reports were datacenter hosts ( ie agni.linden.com). My plan is to specify both the AWS and datacenter host names and see the result.  It just struck me as odd that datacenter hosts names were being rejected.

I do not run a av personally and have not in years, because it's not needed, but when I did, I remember having to white list names in avg and avast,  now that this change is going ot be happening and from what we gather, nothing will be static with names anymore, since all will be under the aws domain.   it's gonna be fun weeding out which products I've bought over the years will keep working and which will not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.