Failed to Save to Computer - Snapshots

PewPew Zero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

I've been a resident since 2008, and I recently bumped into a problem which I cannot find a solution for.

As I take a snapshot and try to save it to my disk, it gives me a "Failed to Save to Computer" message. I tried different resolutions, different viewers, a clean reinstall and shutting down the firewall. After the clean reinstall, I was able to take one snapshot and save it to my disk at the first attempt. After that, it started giving that error message again.

I would appreciate any suggestions or tips on how I can solve this problem.

Thank you in advance :)

image.png.85d3289dc79d8baffe980e90a2662e76.png

9 answers to this question

I suggest you uncheck the "Save location and filename between sessions" option in the snapshot panel. You will be asked for a file name when taking your first picture in a session. You can change the 'save to' location then too. But after the first snap it work the same as with the option selected.

I suspect the viewer was having a problem with the location from a previous session.

I tend to put images from a photoshoot in different folders. I do that to make finding images later easier. So images of me, places, seasons, or things go in different folders.

First step is restart the computer.

Assuming that doesn't fix it, do a System File Check. Open a Command Window as an Admin.

image.png.6692d8275aa67dc4fb3bf26f510fd4ed.png

Entre the command  SFC /scannow

This takes some time to run. It will find any damaged Windows System files and repair them. It will report if it has to repair any files.

If the scan and restarts have not fixed the problem consider re-installing the viewer. But read on...

The problem has been around long enough that if is were a general problem on the SL side of things we would have a notice on the Grid Status page and we don't.

I suggest you try a second viewer. The Linden made SL Viewer is a good choice for troubleshooting. You will have to use it if you want to ask the Lab for help. Many of us keep it installed for troubleshooting whither we use it for anything else or not.

A second viewer will tell you if it is a problem with the other viewer, if it works. If it too has the problem, then the problem is on the SL side, in the network, or an OS problem. So, no point in re-installing viewers or clearing caches.

I know this is an old thread but I don' see a resolution yet.  Are you folks who are having the problem using Phoenix viewer?  I am and I have the same problem.  I wonder if a different viewer would let me save?   I've been using Print Scrn and cropping as a workaround.  

Edited by Weston Graves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.