Great quality male skin locations?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DjWhiteBoi wrote:

Marianne Little wrote:

I thought LL said that search works now? Well, it sounds as it's broken still. Can you tell us what you you want to look like... Young lean, mature bulky, bishounen, asian, african, european looking? Long hair, short hair, military cut, dreads?

Here is the slurl to Ispachi:

Abyss:

For hair, Sadistic Hacker:

or Uncleweb:

Well I have a list now of stores so surely I can find a skin in one of them.. as far as 'look'' goes.. I was thinking more young but not too young.. with messy hair and a decent build, not too buff

As far as search goes, I wasn't finding that great of quality stuff out there, is why I asked for recommendations

I misread your post, sorry! :womansurprised: I thought you had tried to enter the store names in search and couldn't find them.

I use 2-3 different viewers, depending upon what computer/laptop I use, and I find search in viewer2 frustrating at times, hehe. I could offer you a shape I have for my male avatar, one I totally reworked from "Rocker male" in the library. You will look shorter than many male avatars, it is not real life height but absolutely not like the tallest male avatars.

These shapes look very interesting. And they are cheap, worth to test them?

and some more. This merchant sell shape with his skins, but I am sure he can sell only the shape if you try the demo and don't like the skin. I think his male avatars have a very attractive look, lean and muscular in a realistic way, no abnormal bodies.

For those waiting for a pic, I came into some problems. I have narrowed my demos down to a few now. But most of the ones I seem to like, the hair will not fit on the heads :smileysad:  I had this problem once with a free skin a few weeks ago, and resizing the hair didn't always come out to fit and the only solution was to resize the head and that didnt look right on the shape.

So I guess now my question is what is an easy fix for this? Find a shape with an average head? Or find hair to fit specific head?

I am really picky with my avatars. I sometimes use a male avatar, because female looks is so boring after a while. I don't know what problems you run into with the hair, because I can't remember that I had problems editing a hair to fit the head. The most difficult hair for me is Sixty-nine, since the creator models it after a really small head with almost no backhead. I have to edit just parts of it and also move the hair a bit, not only size it up. But I can fit it. Some hairs is more tricky than others.

I would try to find hair I could size up to fit the head, not choose a shape with a smaller head. One of the jokes about SL avatars is "pinheads". I think Truth male hair is made for a head size 60-65?

DjWhiteBoi wrote:

Blah now my stretch is messed up in the edit tool.  When you click stretch, it goes blue but the little grey objects don't appear around the hair.  And the hair I'm testing is free hair with full perms :smileymad:

Shift-Z will sometimes undo edits you've made. Its even undone edits I made in past sessions in SL. And then sometimes it won't undo something I just did that very moment... Cross your fingers and hope it undoes your goofs.

In future with anything copy, make a copy and edit that. Since this one was free, consider yourself lucky to have learned on something easily replaceable. Unlike some of us. :D

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

DjWhiteBoi wrote:

Blah now my stretch is messed up in the edit tool.  When you click stretch, it goes blue but the little grey objects don't appear around the hair.  And the hair I'm testing is free hair with full perms :smileymad:

Shift-Z will sometimes undo edits you've made. Its even undone edits I made in past sessions in SL. And then sometimes it won't undo something I just did that very moment... Cross your fingers and hope it undoes your goofs.

In future with anything copy, make a copy and edit that. Since this one was free, consider yourself lucky to have learned on something easily replaceable. Unlike some of us.
:D

Luckily I havent messed anything up.. I just can't get the hair to resize. The stretch tool is bugged or something. I even tried clicking the box in the edit menu without using ctrl shift and those grey lil box things that you use to resize will never come up:smileysad:

It can be a bug. I have had this problem sometimes, when objects change permission. In your inventory, it will show as modifiable. When you rez it or wear it, it changes permissions to no modify. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

Since the hair is a freebie, try to get it from another store, and search for it on the Marketplace.

(I hope it's not the black "Rocker male" hair... I am so tired of that freebie, lol)

Ok here we go, FINALLY!    So, I spent forever trying on a ton of demos.. I finally decided on one skin, I went back and saw it was only 499, out of all the ones I tried on, I ended up liking a cheap one, so thats great. Then b4 I was about to get it a friend recommended something to me on the MP. Checked it out, full av for cheaper than the skin I was bout to buy, lol wow I got lucky! And as picky as I am, I actually liked it.

Snapshot_005.png

Just a quick snapshot.  I'm not that great at photoshop lol but here you go!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.