Harassing me while dancing

jonny6452

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a girl that hates me because I'm concervative. When I am dancing with a woman sometimes she zapps me, I can see a flurry around me. Then my stand button os gone and I can not sync with my partner. This is harrasment as far as I'm concerned, but SL does nothing about it. I'm not sure how she does it, can anybody help me with this? and how I can stop her from doing this. Thank you

21 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, jonny6452 said:

I have a girl that hates me because I'm concervative. When I am dancing with a woman sometimes she zapps me, I can see a flurry around me. Then my stand button os gone and I can not sync with my partner. This is harrasment as far as I'm concerned, but SL does nothing about it. I'm not sure how she does it, can anybody help me with this? and how I can stop her from doing this. Thank you

You can edit your post and just write deleted

There is a Linden lead meeting, Governance, where you can ask questions about abuse reports. While they will NOT discuss individual reports or their out come you can learn the best way to report a type of harassment. 

The Lindens to read every report. If there is evidence to substantiate the report, then they take action. Understanding what they consider evidence is the tricky part. Various groups have tried to game the Governance team to use them as a weapon against their targets. So, it gets complicated.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:18 PM, jonny6452 said:

but I'm dancing, that will stop what I'm doing, not what Akiko is trying to do to me?

YOU can't do anything to stop her besides talking to the club owner and filing an abuse report.  I'd suggest you just leave the area.  And remove the person's name from your post.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Sigh.

Stand up!  Then Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions.  Sit on dance ball again!

You can't, the stand up is gone. I do the stop animations and revoke and hit the couple hud again and it just comes up with the dances again. There are no more balls and still no stand button?

5 minutes ago, jonny6452 said:

You can't, the stand up is gone. I do the stop animations and revoke and hit the couple hud again and it just comes up with the dances again. There are no more balls and still no stand button?

Seriously?  You're still there?  Still wondering how to stand?  Log out.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Seriously?  You're still there?  Still wondering how to stand?  Log out.

She has harassed me for about two years now and SL will not do anything about it? I file a greivance and get no answer from them, do they even help people here?

1 minute ago, jonny6452 said:

She has harassed me for about two years now and SL will not do anything about it? I file a greivance and get no answer from them, do they even help people here?

All I can suggest is to continue to AR if she's actually doing something wrong.  Document what it is with pictures and any IMs.

I might also suggest that you stop.going to the same places you always see her at.  She can't harass you if she doesn't see you.

1 hour ago, jonny6452 said:

Look in the lower left corner of your screen for the Stand Up button.  Or right click your avatar and choose Stand. Once you've stopped the unwanted animation, click the dance machine again to rez a fresh dance ball, or balls.

6 minutes ago, jonny6452 said:

Well, I got " Banned from Fogbound" because I'm conservative. I complained about the harassing and got banned.

It's time to move on, then.  A landowner does not need a reason for banning you.  She doesn't need to explain.  It's her land and she makes the rules (and can change them as often as she likes).  It's right in the TOS.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, jonny6452 said:

Well, I got " Banned from Fogbound" because I'm conservative. I complained about the harassing and got banned.

This is Second Life, based in San Fransisco... You will find it has a good number of people thinking they are Progressive and WOKE. They listen only to corporate media. So, things you say will trigger them. Get used to being banned. If you speak to them rationally you'll sound like a raving conspiracy advocate to them. They do not have your frame of reference, they do not look outside their echo chamber, they do not tolerate any diversity of opinion, and searching for facts out side of what Google Search gives them is inconceivable. Thinking in any practical way that counters media programming is beyond them. Skepticism is only to be applied to those things not sanctioned by the media. Once triggered the Cancel Culture programming kicks in.

If you attempt to appeal to the Lab on the merits of any argument and the unfairness of another's arbitrary banning of you from their region, you won't be heard. The Lab is not going to get into a argument about politics... or any subject. What they hear is two residents arguing. For them it is a matter of who is trying to end the argument and who is pushing or continuing it. Very simple.

If you think this is unfair, you are right. RL is NOT fair. Talk to your mom about that. SL is a reflection of RL so it also is not fair. Learn to deal with it.

SL is for entertainment. Some people consider debate and having their minds stretched and finding new ideas to examine entertaining and enlightening. For others anything that pushes them out of their cozy, media reinforced, echo chamber bubble and challenges their beliefs triggers a religious fervor style of war. Learn to tell the difference. Learn to tell who is self-aware with knowledge and enlightened through and who thinks they are woke. Handle them accordingly.

You DID NOT get banned because you are conservative. You got banned because you likely triggered a woke person that has control of a ban-hammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.