Totally Official, Approved, Dog Thread

TT120

13 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

No pics of our old dog on my tablet but this looks exactly like him.  We named him Clifford.

Mastiff Brindle.jpg

Mastiff's are the best dogs.. Them and Danes..

We've got 4 mastiff and 4 Danes.. We had 5 of each but the two oldest which we kept in the house passed away.. The Mastiff was named Jed and the Dane was named Jake..

We've got Jed and Jake jr now in the house..

Jed ,when he was in his peak was at 250 pounds, Jake was at 200 pounds..

When i was dating my husband, we decided to mess with Jed and make is sound like I was being attacked in the bedroom.. I started screaming help Jed Help then scream.. My husband yelling a bunch of stuff..  we were jumping on the bed and then on the floor... Jed was just barking away, then got real quiet and then we heard a thud on the door..

My husband said, he sure didn't hit it very hard.. I was like,yea I was expecting more.. no sooner than I said that, the door came off the hinges..

Jed gave the door a test bump then must have backed up and got a running start and knocked the door down..

I had to yell to Jed right away to halt, because he would have torn my husband up.. He was pumped up and wanting to tear something up..

I never  mess with our dogs like that anymore..

He took a hog one time by the ear and flipped it up in the air..  My uncle said, I wonder what the hell that hog said that pissed Jed off so much.. hehehe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We've got 4 mastiff and 4 Danes.. We had 5 of each but the two oldest which we kept in the house passed away.. The Mastiff was named Jed and the Dane was named Jake..

We've got Jed and Jake jr now in the house..

Jed ,when he was in his peak was at 250 pounds, Jake was at 200 pounds..

When i was dating my husband, we decided to mess with Jed and make is sound like I was being attacked in the bedroom.. I started screaming help Jed Help then scream.. My husband yelling a bunch of stuff..  we were jumping on the bed and then on the floor... Jed was just barking away, then got real quiet and then we heard a thud on the door..

My husband said, he sure didn't hit it very hard.. I was like,yea I was expecting more.. no sooner than I said that, the door came off the hinges..

Jed gave the door a test bump then must have backed up and got a running start and knocked the door down..

I had to yell to Jed right away to halt, because he would have torn my husband up.. He was pumped up and wanting to tear something up..

I never  mess with our dogs like that anymore..

He took a hog one time by the ear and flipped it up in the air..  My uncle said, I wonder what the hell that hog said that pissed Jed off so much.. hehehe

It's interesting that in all the time we had ours, I rarely heard him growl or bark in aggression.  If someone knocked at the door, he would give one loud bark and then stand beside me while I opened the door and then just look at the person.  No more barking, no growling, not even a menacing look.  Just his size was enough to intimidate.  They are surprisingly gentle creatures and he was wonderful with my son.

I've heard they're great for people in smaller homes too because they aren't all that active like some medium sized dogs.  Ours had a whole couch to himself and was perfectly happy spending the day there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It's interesting that in all the time we had ours, I rarely heard him growl or bark in aggression.  If someone knocked at the door, he would give one loud bark and then stand beside me while I opened the door and then just look at the person.  No more barking, no growling, not even a menacing look.  Just his size was enough to intimidate.  They are surprisingly gentle creatures and he was wonderful with my son.

I've heard they're great for people in smaller homes too because they aren't all that active like some medium sized dogs.  Ours had a whole couch to himself and was perfectly happy spending the day there.

Yea, they are really pretty quiet.. Jed being on one side of the door and me on the other sounding like I'm in trouble.. His barks were more like, Here i come bitches ready or not, Test thud , moment of silence, then the door coming off the hinges..

As powerful as he was, he was the most cuddly thing in the world.. He'd be lying on the floor and little kids would be all over him.. Every once in awhile he'd lift his head to look and see what they were doing, then laying back down and just let them play..

Here is a funny one..

My sister used to have this Chihuahua mix.. it looked like it was mixed with a pit bull but was the size of a Chihuahua.. hehehe It was the toughest looking little Chihuahua I'd ever seen..

It thought it was the boss of all the other dogs too.. 

Well one day, we were all in the living room just talking with each other after having a family dinner..Jed in the center of the room  and this little dog..I can't remember his name to save my life right now............... Oh yea, Jimmy!

Anyways, Jimmy was in front of Jed just braking like he was calling him out.. Whatever dogs say to each other while they are testing each other.. Get up ya big lug, Come at me bro!! Come at me..whatever it is..

Anyways, we were all getting a kick out of how much energy this little dog had while Jed just laid there with his head on the ground..  all of a sudden  Jed just kind of scooped Jimmy up like he was scoopin up a biscuit and next thing you know, Jimmy is gone and Jeds mouth is closed... 

I was like Jed No Spit it out , loose!! Loose!! Jed!! Loose!! 

He just opened his mouth and dumped him on the floor..  That little dog never said two more words to Jed after that day..

He was the coolest looking little Chihuahua I had ever seen.. I'd never have one though.. They are just to noisy for me..

• Like 1

Every. Damn. Day.

My brother goes to work and his dog chooses me as his human till he comes home, the black blob is my peke, Rio (pink collar behind the other human) is my mom's, we've had her since she was a puppy in 2012 or so and still has a puppy face, the one with the blue collar is Hans, he's an old man who is now adjusting to the loss of his sister and finally, Rio's pillow is another doxie by the name of Tiger... Who won't shut up at 4am when my brother comes through to let his dog out.

Sometimes I lose my legs to my brother's and Hans.

20201103_142226_HDR.jpg

Edit: Rio and Tiger sleep with me and two of my other dogs. 

Edited by Eseme Nova
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We've got 4 mastiff and 4 Danes.. We had 5 of each but the two oldest which we k

Buster is a mastiff/rottie and he is the most calm & gentle dog I've ever had.  His nickname is Cuddles because he is also extremely affectionate.  He is great with children & dogs & ignores people he doesn't know.  But very protective if he thinks there is a threat to me ... learned the hard way when someone tried to show me a karate move !   But yeah,  great dogs .. them & rotties. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Definitely!! 🤩

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1