Could a Bento Body Be Made for Moving Breasts & Buttocks

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Animations do play even with lag. They too are subject to the viewer's FPS so they and the rest of the avatar would appear to move in jerks below 10 FPS. Server lag makes it difficult to change, start, and stop animations.

The problem with animated breast and butt jiggle is it is a fixed unchanging animation unrelated to the avatar's movement. The Avatar Physics being triggered by the avatar's movement makes for more realistic movement.

With animated breasts and butt things would be endlessly flopping even while the avatar was standing still. One would use either a HUD or avatar polling to start and stop the animations. It is possible to poll the system to know what the avatar is doing which would let you start and stop the animations. But that polling is limited to the basic default animated motions in SL, stand, sit, run, etc. Dance is not one of them. I think polling to control bounce would be lame.

Some time ago the SL animation system was updated in an effort to eliminate polling for animation changes. AOs that use the newer system place less load on viewers, the network, and the servers. Unfortunately most of the newer AOs I've looked at are way heavy script-wise.

These factors have me thinking animated bounce while possible is not likely to be popular.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying...the breasts and buttocks movement would have to be animated into the dance somehow and/or part of the actual dance like the bento fingers are.  It doesn't sound easy to do this for the breasts and buttocks to have those parts move in the dance like fingers/hands do.  It sounds like genius which I don't understand. 

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, I hear what you are saying...the breasts and buttocks movement would have to be animated into the dance somehow and/or part of the actual dance like the bento fingers are.  It doesn't sound easy to do this for the breasts and buttocks to have those parts move in the dance like fingers/hands do.  It sounds like genius which I don't understand. 

Yeah... I was thinking about including bounce in the dance animation to get things sync'd. I've done some animations. I think bouncy breasts would be a real pain to animate.

Then there is the problem of a petite person using the animation and the people with exaggerated anatomy that makes the Good Year blimp jealous using it. 😵

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.