Could a Bento Body Be Made for Moving Breasts & Buttocks

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Could a Bento body be made for moving breasts and buttocks?  The physics don't work terribly well...so wondering if this has been thought of.

/me just gives Fairre a silly grin.

Edited by RowanMinx

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Could a Bento body be made for moving breasts and buttocks?  The physics don't work terribly well...so wondering if this has been thought of.

Well actually, there is a certain couch out there that the animation do make your butt jiggle.  Not sure how he does that but maybe it's the bento.

13 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Well actually, there is a certain couch out there that the animation do make your butt jiggle.  Not sure how he does that but maybe it's the bento.

Hmmmmmmmm...well, I've often stated I do choreography.  Okay, I'm trying to get the physics to work and it doesn't look all that good.  If they just made a Bento body and you could work the parts via a HUD, I was thinking that might look better plus more real for dancing too.  My physics work sporadically and really not all that well; too fast, too slow or not at all.  Frustrating!

Edited by FairreLilette

Just now, FairreLilette said:

Hmmmmmmmm...well, I've often stated I do choreography.  Okay, I'm trying to get the physics to work and it doesn't look all that good.  If they just made a Bento body and you could work the parts via a HUD, I was thinking that might look better plus more real for dancing too.  My physics work sporadically and really not all that well; to fast, too slow or not at all.  Frustrating!

The physics I use are the best ones I've found and I've tried a lot.  I'll send you the link.

• Thanks 1

Physic can easily be created with SL tools, or if permissions allow, you can modify something you already have: right click, select edit from drop down menu and use sliders for various type of movement.....rename, save and done!

In case you want customization beyond SL defaults (custom animations, deformers etc), check Birth,! Their stuff has lots of options, it`s well made and pricing is more then fair.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

most who use it in SL don't realize "static" is even closer to reality than the bouncing between knees and nose.

Okay, I woke up this morning and I realized what is interfering with the physics and making it not work at times...and it's got to be LAG.  So, with lag then the problem, even if with a HUD, it's going to be hit or miss with the physics working appropriately.

DARN.  Sounded like it would be easy if done/made a different way such as directly into the body somehow and bypass physics, but I don't think we can bypass physics; it's all there is perhaps...it's like the wind to flexi prims probably. 

12 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, however... Different creators do weaker and stronger implementations of physics. Most do breast jiggle in their bodies. Fewer do butt jiggle. I am happy enough with my Slink breasts but, there is no butt jiggle. The default Physics that came with the body were not what I wanted. I made my own using Slink's as a starting place. 

Many Avatar Physics sets of settings were made for the Classic avatar. Using those with a mesh body usually doesn't work well.

Strawberry Singh has a Physics tutorial on her pre-Linden days website.

I haven't heard the Lindens say much about how Avatar Physics works. I suspect very little of Avatar Physics is server side. I think it is more like animation, viewer-side. The servers initially tell the viewer what the animations are and give it the Avatar Physics parameters. After that it is up to the viewer.

The Avatar Physics are triggered by the avatar's movement. The viewer gets its 'avatar movement' info from the servers, mostly. The viewer does try extrapolate movement when the servers are late getting updates to the viewer (the cause of rubber-banding). But, animations are things the viewer considers movement for Physics which the server doesn't see. Dance near a wall or at the edge of a building to see it in action. The animation can dance you through the wall or out into thin air. The Physics engine, server side, doesn't see that movement. So you pass through the wall and stay suspended in the air.

Setting the camera to Front View and jumping is about the strongest input to Avatar Physics you can easily get when working with the settings.

All of this leads me to think Avatar Physics is most sensitive to the viewer's FPS.

Avatar Physics are complex and tedious because the settings are so interrelated. I think mine are fairly realistic. I've been tweaking on them for years. I also found one set of settings is not enough. A good walking jiggle doesn't work well with a dancing animation. Neither of those works all that well with certain other animations. 

The result is I have sets of Physics settings in my Firestorm's Favorite Wearables.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

haven't heard the Lindens say much about how Avatar Physics works. I suspect very little of Avatar Physics is server side. I think it is more like animation, viewer-side. The servers initially tell the viewer what the animations are and give it the Avatar Physics parameters. After that it is up to the viewer.

The Avatar Physics are triggered by the avatar's movement. The viewer gets its 'avatar movement' info from the servers, mostly.

I was thinking first of all that the lag that I am speaking about above is client side.  A re-log can help this BUT not if it's in the middle of a dance.  Thus, I was wondering about "bento" breasts and buttocks wherein animations would work the movement on those areas as opposed to the physics.

Animations are more 'stable' in the viewer and client-side that's why I'm asking.

However, I am not a computer geek at all...what I wrote here is all me 'assuming'.   I know nothing of the science of all of this. 

22 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Animations are more 'stable' in the viewer and client-side that's why I'm asking.

Birth has a number of animation HUDs for breasts and butts that go beyond what physics can accomplish. I'm sure a body could be made from the ground up with robust animation options. A lot of potential there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burper Tilling said:

At least half of those that are interested in reality get it horribly wrong.

This is perhaps one reason why we have the blessing of the avatar physics slider = 0 setting. 

I’m morbidly amused that yes, the butts and boobies do bounce...but so often the heads are so broken in the shaping that the makeup mapping no longer aligns, so many hair fits are sloppy, the fashion is lacking, the ankles are broken and the arms, well...🦖 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

This is perhaps one reason why we have the blessing of the avatar physics slider = 0 setting. 

I’m morbidly amused that yes, the butts and boobies do bounce...but so often the heads are so broken in the shaping that the makeup mapping no longer aligns, so many hair fits are sloppy, the fashion is lacking, the ankles are broken and the arms, well...🦖 

My physics are very subtle and they actually stop when I stop walking.  I'm not sure a lot of people really look at themselves in a non-laggy area to see how it moves.  They sure as neck shouldn't still be moving when you're standing still.  It's a very difficult thing for people to make for themselves.

3 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

This is not for the faint of heart and why I, personally, don't like butt physics

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://gyazo.com/5c3e6ff75ca4f94d96e0b66248fcaef1

Skinny girl avi walks into the cheap cosmetics clinic on the backside of a shady sim: Doctor, I wanna look like Kim Kardashian!

Doctor (with a "Legit Doc" group tag above his head) holds a syringe the size of a fire extinguisher filled with silicone: Sure, Ma'am, lay down please and let's get started.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AlettaMondragon said:

Skinny girl avi walks into the cheap cosmetics clinic on the backside of a shady sim: Doctor, I wanna look like Kim Kardashian!

Doctor (with a "Legit Doc" group tag above his head) holds a syringe the size of a fire extinguisher filled with silicone: Sure, Ma'am, lay down please and let's get started.

Just put a large diaper on. That's what Kardashian butts look like, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlettaMondragon said:

I’m sure that’s someone’s fetish or ideal RP. Just not mine. 😉

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Burper Tilling said:

At least half of those that are interested in reality get it horribly wrong.

If I may quote myself.

I would not pretend that my own avatar is anything other than ugly and ridiculous looking, but that's the way things ended up a long time ago. I am proud of my wobbling man-boobs though. I discovered how to obtain these by accident. All one needs to do is toggle shape from male to female, make the breast physics and toggle back to male and the physics persist.

Edited by Burper Tilling

20 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I was thinking first of all that the lag that I am speaking about above is client side.  A re-log can help this BUT not if it's in the middle of a dance.  Thus, I was wondering about "bento" breasts and buttocks wherein animations would work the movement on those areas as opposed to the physics.

However, I am not a computer geek at all...what I wrote here is all me 'assuming'.   I know nothing of the science of all of this. 

Animations do play even with lag. They too are subject to the viewer's FPS so they and the rest of the avatar would appear to move in jerks below 10 FPS. Server lag makes it difficult to change, start, and stop animations.

The problem with animated breast and butt jiggle is it is a fixed unchanging animation unrelated to the avatar's movement. The Avatar Physics being triggered by the avatar's movement makes for more realistic movement.

With animated breasts and butt things would be endlessly flopping even while the avatar was standing still. One would use either a HUD or avatar polling to start and stop the animations. It is possible to poll the system to know what the avatar is doing which would let you start and stop the animations. But that polling is limited to the basic default animated motions in SL, stand, sit, run, etc. Dance is not one of them. I think polling to control bounce would be lame.

Some time ago the SL animation system was updated in an effort to eliminate polling for animation changes. AOs that use the newer system place less load on viewers, the network, and the servers. Unfortunately most of the newer AOs I've looked at are way heavy script-wise.

These factors have me thinking animated bounce while possible is not likely to be popular.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.