Berrygood Resident

Berrygood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a premium member, i'm being stopped in world from getting cash.  My card im using is also a check card.  They want my social security number but i'm not charging money and I spend a lot in sl.  if they demand my social security card for this I'll have to leave sl, i'm not going to give it to anyone.

3 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Berrygood said:

I'm a premium member, i'm being stopped in world from getting cash.  My card im using is also a check card

if by getting cash you mean withdrawing money from SL then we have to prove who we are in the real world. Proving who we are in the real world is a requirement of US law. Linden being a US company has to comply with the law, and if we choose not to identify our real world self then Linden can't give us the money

1 hour ago, Berrygood said:

I'm a premium member, i'm being stopped in world from getting cash.  My card im using is also a check card.  They want my social security number but i'm not charging money and I spend a lot in sl.  if they demand my social security card for this I'll have to leave sl, i'm not going to give it to anyone.

Or do you mean buying Lindens?  You will have to go to your dashboard and accept tilia.

The important things to note here are:

• All Second Life users should be familiar with the Tilia Pay Terms of Service (and Not just those who have either a US dollar balance associated with their account and / or cash-out money from SL).
  • Users will not be explicitly asked to confirm their agreement with the Tilia ToS / Privacy Policy. Rather, when paying with a payment method (e.g. credit card) or adding a new payment method to an account, a users will see text stating that by proceeding with the transaction, they are agreeing to both the ToS and Privacy Policy.
  • This move does not:
    • Introduce any new fees.
    • Require users to submit any additional information to Tilia Incorporated or Linden Lab.
    • Change how L$ transactions are conducted in the Viewer or in the Marketplace.

3 hours ago, Berrygood said:

If you want to cash out Lindens to US Dollars, then you will have to give your SSN.   NO OTHER OPTIONS.   

If that is not the underlying issue, contact Billing and talk it over with them:

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.