what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I could be wrong, and as my tag says, I could be making this up, but that seems to be a good thing to do in this thread. ANYWAY, being too lazy to confirm:

Some states, and I believe PA is one, had really really strict absentee ballot rules, and so were really under prepared for the predicted onslaught of mailed in ballots. And funny, it was the red states that predominantly didn't choose (and/or actively fought in court and in legislatures) to make it so the ballots could not be counted faster, thinking it would help you-know-who.

Yes, there are definitely some very strict ones.  PA cannot even begin processing of the ballots prior to election day - and there are a few just as strict, but the majority can do some processing early.  

I've never truly understood the reasoning behind the conservatives fighting so hard again mail-in ballots and all the stuff that goes along with them.  But then, even after all my years, there are still so many things about politics that makes me shake my head.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Sorry, lemmie translate to non Masshole... 

Cawd = Cod.

Awww I was hopeful it is cat. Maybe you should give it a go how knows you might like it. 

(You have no idea how hard is not to put an n between a and s.) 

Edited by Zzevir
Not vat but cat
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is how one concedes defeat.

And this is what the Republican Party once looked like. God, I hope they find themselves again.

Along the same lines, I've been wondering about the exit letter. It is customary for the outgoing POTUS to leave a note for the incoming. They apparently are quite graceful, or helpful, or some such positive. Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for Obama to write something thoughtful to Trump? But I'm sure he did it, and eloquently. Now pause for a moment and try to envision what that note will be from Trump to Biden.

Especially since Trump will have super-glued himself to the chair and desk.

While the numbers haven't been called yet, and it is unofficial, we've already seen and heard enough from the Cheeto and his followers (too tame a word) to know it ain't over yet. The ride will continue to be bumpy. There will be nothing smooth nor admirable about the transition.

It is scary to imagine what spiteful damage Cheeto will do in the remaining time, and he could do a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

You are smart and beautiful. 

/me giggle: Ohh stop it you are smart and beautiful. 

I hope when the electoral ppl get together to have the vote and declare the next presi. They take a massive amount of cocaine and they decide for funneh they all vote to Kanye West. That would be great and I would win a ton of money. Because in this moment I am on the loosing side. 

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is how one concedes defeat.

And this is what the Republican Party once looked like. God, I hope they find themselves again.

The last election Hillary may have conceded but the rest of the party didn't for the whole term.. hehehe

I think they both need to get realigned. I'm worn out on politics creeping into ever nook and crevice.. I want to get back to the good ole days when it took a major event  to where they would show up..

It's been late breaking news  for  over 8 years now if not longer.. it's been worn out to the point that late breaking just means news now..  hehehe

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think they both need to get realigned.

I totally agree, in a slightly different way.

I'm tired of the constant negatives. I'm tired of being compelled to hear, to think about that man in that office now. I'm ready to consign him to the dustbin of history.

It's time, well past time, to be thinking about going forward. I want the Republicans -- the thoughtful and articulate ones with whom I violently disagree but with whom one can actually engage -- to take back their party.

And it's high time the Democrats realized that they need to change what they're selling -- because it's pretty clear, in the wake of an election that should have been a picnic, that people ain't buying it anymore. Not in 2016, and just barely now.

Leave the sour old man in the red hat to wrestle with his own demons; he's got more than a few. The rest of us need to move on, start talking among ourselves, and discover some new ways forward.

Don't you want to be excited by new ideas? I do. Let's start coming up with some.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Felicity of phrasing, dahling
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Awww I was hopeful it is cat. Maybe you should give it a go how knows you might like it. 

(You have no idea how hard is not to put an n between a and s.) 

Zzevir, it is illegal in America to eat cats. 

Your excessive hate of a sweet living creature is atrocious, btw.  Could you please take your hate elsewhere?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Your excessive hate of a sweet living creature is atrocious, btw.  Could you please take your hate elsewhere?

No

I have a reason 

Also no 

But don't worry I won't bring it up again. 

Edited by Zzevir

12 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

No

I have a reason 

Also no 

But don't worry I won't bring it up again. 

Thank you as cats are very much a part of the family here in America.  They are no more food than people are and you just kept going on and on about it.   So, I needed to say something because it was really beginning to upset me.  Just remember, in America, cats are part of the family and they are also considered "therapy" something that can help a person who needs a therapy pet or a companion. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I totally agree, in a slightly different way.

I'm tired of the constant negatives. I'm tired of being compelled to hear, to think about that man in that office now. I'm ready to consign him to the dustbin of history.

That would be lovely.

However, even with Trump out of office, Trumpism remains. Not conservatism, Trumpism. Trump was the symptom, not the problem (at first), and although he is both now, he is the boil that has burst. The virus that caused the boil is still present. It isn't going away. 

“Having heard all of this you may choose to look the other way but you can never again say that you did not know.”  — William Wilberforce, 1791

That so, so many of our country chose to look the other way to so, so much that was wrong with Trump and Trumpism, speaks volumes. I don't think it can even be called "willful ignorance" any more. They aren't ignorant of the facts. They have not had any information withheld. They've looked the devil in the eye and said, "Yeah, I'm ok with that. In fact, I support it. In fact, I want more of it."

Sure, like every other semi-functioning adult in the room, I will be sighing in relief in 2021 (we can't sigh yet, the Cheeto is still in office and can absolutely cause deep damage out of spite, and I am *sure* he will). 

I knew I was on edge, like so many others (across the globe), but I didn't realize just how much until Stephen Colbert's monologue had me in a puddle of tears (the first half of it).

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, never in my life have I ever wondered what a cat or a dog would taste like..

We don't have any inside cats, but we have some pretty good hunters for outside cats.. When I shake that bag  at feeding time, it's like watching cats come out of the woodwork.. like ninjas coming out of the woods, from under trucks and from all directions..

I feel sorry for any critters trying to make it through that gauntlet.. It would be like them baby iguana trying to make that run passed all them snakes just coming from everywhere..

But when it's not feeding time, you may see a couple cats just hanging around.. I think they're just playing decoy cats, like hey,there is only two or three of us.. when really it's a whole ninja squad in the waiting..

hehehe

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I am loathe to agree with you on anything, but those comments IN MULTIPLE THREADS are upsetting.

Oh sure, they'll remain posted, the moderators won't see fit to remove them because: inconsistency.

That person has shown itself to be gross (in many senses of the word) and disgusting often, but for the love of god...

I feel like I need to shower after reading a few of its latest posts.

Thank you for speaking up against this, Fairre.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.