Jump to content

what's the matter????


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Or this one...  Ballot-stuffing is hardly anything new.  But, now, they are working very carefully to count every vote. 

 

The Justice Department announced Thursday that federal prosecutors had charged a disgraced former Democratic congressman from Philadelphia with perpetrating a variety of voting-related crimes in recent years.

Michael “Ozzie” Myers was indicted earlier this week on charges of “conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for specific candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, bribery of an election official, falsification of records, voting more than once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice,” according to a Justice Department statement.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/23/former-congressman-indicted-voter-fraud-bribery-charges-379935

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When you make your way through town you'll see this sign on the main road that say's SONIC.. Pull in there and grab some Cheesecake shakes on your way.. They got Chocolate, Cherry and Strawberry.. I'll take a Strawberry..

I'll saddle the horses and we'll have shakes while we ride..

hehehe

 

 

Now a quick message for 2020.

2020 I've had about enough of you.. It's go time!!\o/

come-at-me-bro.jpg

Only less than 2 months left. That slacker.

752.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Totally different things.. Interference from a foreign government and rigged as in Americans cheating at the polls.  Russia admitted to interfering and intended to try this time as well.  Rigged would mean faking ballots, double counting ballots, etc.  This is why it's taking so long.  To ensure it's done correctly.

No its taking so long because votes are being taken that were past the date cutoff, which is not allowed. They magically 'find' votes in the middle of the night, and many instances of long dead people voting ...and the list goes on and on. Something is fishy with all this and I hope the President exercises every right he has under the law...even a full recount if possible or if necessary.  I believe the integrity of this election has truly been compromised and it's not good regardless of the side one is on.

Laugh or dismiss if you must but something is just not right.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Laugh or dismiss if you must but something is just not right.

I don’t do either. The concerns you brought up are being addressed in various press conferences.

1. Each state has some say over which votes are valid and the ones they ‘find overnight’ have been ballots that were postmarked on or before the deadline, therefore are right to be counted. Everyone has been careful to say that votes received after the cutoff for each state will ‘NOT’ be counted.

2. The small number of instances of the dead people ‘voting’ are being caught cross-checked and invalidated. That’s not unique to this election nor is it widespread in any modern election since we have had electronic records. It is caught and dealt with.

I think it is reasonable to bring up these issues if there is concern about them but unreasonable for the President to fearmonger and throw accusations and bring the needless lawsuits (which are largely being dismissed afaik). 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

That's fair enough.

There has been an unprecedented amount of mail in votes.  2 envelopes opened by hand.  Signatures verified.  If there is something questionable, both a democrat and a republican representative must look and agree.  As long as the ballot was postmarked by the date specified by the state, it is counted.  Many RED states are the ones who had the rules in place to not allow counting of mail in ballots before election day.

There are a myriad of reasons why it's taking so long aside from tin foil hat conspiracies.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gage Wirefly said:

No its taking so long because votes are being taken that were past the date cutoff, which is not allowed. They magically 'find' votes in the middle of the night, and many instances of long dead people voting ...and the list goes on and on. Something is fishy with all this and I hope the President exercises every right he has under the law...even a full recount if possible or if necessary.  I believe the integrity of this election has truly been compromised and it's not good regardless of the side one is on.

Laugh or dismiss if you must but something is just not right.

“President Donald Trump said Thursday that he would block a funding boost for the U.S. Postal Service to handle an expected flood of mail-in ballots in coming weeks, admitting it’s part of a White House effort to limit Americans voting by mail and raising the chances of chaos surrounding the election in November.”

This is based on an interview at Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, as cited in more

detail at CNN.

So..  Who was trying to subvert the election?

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

2 envelopes opened by hand.  Signatures verified.  If there is something questionable, both a democrat and a republican representative must look and agree. 

That part varies by state.  Colorado only has one envelope.  If the election judge doesn't think the signature matches what is on file, then 2 other elections judges, of different political parties will check it.  Both of the other judges must also agree that the signature does not match before further steps are taken to confirm things.

The laws are different by state.  Some states require a witness or notary signature on the envelope, but others don't. Some states require that a copy of a valid identification also be submitted with the mail-in ballot.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

That part varies by state.  Colorado only has one envelope.  If the election judge doesn't think the signature matches what is on file, then 2 other elections judges, of different political parties will check it.  Both of the other judges must also agree that the signature does not match before further steps are taken to confirm things.

The laws are different by state.  Some states require a witness or notary signature on the envelope, but others don't. Some states require that a copy of a valid identification also be submitted with the mail-in ballot.

 

All.of which takes time.  I'm surprised most states got as far as they did so fast.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

All.of which takes time.  I'm surprised most states got as far as they did so fast.

Most states can at least do some processing of the mail-in ballots before election day and many of them can actually start counting them early also.  Thank goodness, since Covid-19 caused the mail-in voting to skyrocket like nobody ever would have thought possible before.  The counting is definitely a time consuming process though. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

When most of the laws were made, concerning when the ballots could be processed, there were very few mail-in ballots -- mostly military and other absentee type reasons.  

Seems like we've done mail-in voting in Colorado forever, but I do remember going to the polling places in the early 90s when I moved here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

No its taking so long because votes are being taken that were past the date cutoff, which is not allowed. They magically 'find' votes in the middle of the night, and many instances of long dead people voting ...and the list goes on and on. Something is fishy with all this and I hope the President exercises every right he has under the law...even a full recount if possible or if necessary.  I believe the integrity of this election has truly been compromised and it's not good regardless of the side one is on.

Laugh or dismiss if you must but something is just not right.

Well, this right here just gives me a snapshot of why not to pay attention to anything you have to say ever. Wow. Crazy town.

The list only goes on and on in your mind. The few instances of such things happen in EVERY election. They are routinely caught.

/me hands you rolls of aluminum foil for the hats you apparently need.

Fishy. They are counting ballots that were cast according to the rules.

Usually when I hear about individuals doing voter fraud things? It is 90% some demented GOP person.

smh

Truly sad.

Truly.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most states can at least do some processing of the mail-in ballots before election day and many of them can actually start counting them early also.  Thank goodness, since Covid-19 caused the mail-in voting to skyrocket like nobody ever would have thought possible before.  The counting is definitely a time consuming process though. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

When most of the laws were made, concerning when the ballots could be processed, there were very few mail-in ballots -- mostly military and other absentee type reasons.  

Seems like we've done mail-in voting in Colorado forever, but I do remember going to the polling places in the early 90s when I moved here. 

I could be wrong, and as my tag says, I could be making this up, but that seems to be a good thing to do in this thread. ANYWAY, being too lazy to confirm:

Some states, and I believe PA is one, had really really strict absentee ballot rules, and so were really under prepared for the predicted onslaught of mailed in ballots. And funny, it was the red states that predominantly didn't choose (and/or actively fought in court and in legislatures) to make it so the ballots could not be counted faster, thinking it would help you-know-who.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, this right here just gives me a snapshot of why not to pay attention to anything you have to say ever. Wow. Crazy town.

The list only goes on and on in your mind. The few instances of such things happen in EVERY election. They are routinely caught.

/me hands you rolls of aluminum foil for the hats you apparently need.

Fishy. They are counting ballots that were cast according to the rules.

Usually when I hear about individuals doing voter fraud things? It is 90% some demented GOP person.

smh

Truly sad.

Truly.

 

🥱 That's swell. You love your adjectives don't you?  I really don't care if you don't pay attention to me , it's not that serious ya know?

Edited by Gage Wirefly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

🥱 That's swell. You love your adjectives don't you?  I really don't care if you don't pay attention to me , it's not that serious ya know?

First time I've been snarked at for adjectives.

However, if adverbs had been the target, that wouldn't have been the first time for that.

It is a serious subject, what we're on about. But agree, that someone as far out on QAnon or whatever conspiracy wire you're plugged into, you cannot be taken seriously.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

First time I've been snarked at for adjectives.

However, if adverbs had been the target, that wouldn't have been the first time for that.

It is a serious subject, what we're on about. But agree, that someone as far out on QAnon or whatever conspiracy wire you're plugged into, you cannot be taken seriously.

Thanks for weighing in. Best wishes and warmest regards.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

First time I've been snarked at for adjectives.

However, if adverbs had been the target, that wouldn't have been the first time for that.

It is a serious subject, what we're on about. But agree, that someone as far out on QAnon or whatever conspiracy wire you're plugged into, you cannot be taken seriously.

I usually only get snark for ending my sentences with a preposition.  

Now where did that preposition run off to?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Thank you for the grammar? spelling? pronunciation? correction. Wikkid. Got it.

LOVE most chowdahs, so corn works. Cawd? Oh gawd, I've never had that. It sounds delish!

These top split hotdog buns were an eye-opener when I moved here. They are so weird, but so totally RIGHT!

But :::buzzer noise::: MELTED BUTTER!

 

flounce2.gif

ETA image.png.c015855721b1d0edfec552cd3f4e9d5c.png

heathen.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Sorry, lemmie translate to non Masshole... 

Cawd = Cod.

That was a fun thing to learn when I moved here. Why were MA drivers referred to as Massholes by everyone? I mean, literally, everyone! It was odd.

Until all became clear.

:)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...