Jump to content

what's the matter????


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Ya and we all agreed as a planet that concentration camps are bad. But that being said, when did I say America was some how innocent of this for me to deserve this retort?

My position has nothing to do with america and more to do with the fact that I am free and there's people in Hong Kong who want to be free and people in Western China and North Korea who are far worse than just wanting to be free. Who can't even fathom what free is.

So you weren't talking about American farmers? Sorry. Apparently I misread our post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

There are plenty of Republicans complaining about losses in the House and Senate, so I think David Pakman's observation doesn't quite hit the mark. The only Republican candidate on ballots in all 50 states was... Trump.

On the flip side, Republican pundits have observed that Dems and the liberal press seemed unconcerned with Covid-19 last week. That, of course, isn't true. With finite air time, the arrival of the election had to displace some Covid coverage. The next time you eat, pay attention to your breathing. You'll notice that you hold your breath while swallowing. This does not indicate a sudden lack of interest in breathing.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I think Ivanka Trump may be the one to seek the White House, eventually

it might have been possible for Ivanka Trump to parachute directly into the White House had Mr Trump won this election and been a two-term president. For her to ever be President now then Ms Trump is going to have to do the hard yards as a Congress member beforehand. Is possible if she ever wanted to do it. Pick a safe red seat and win the primary

as an aside if I was a Republican (i am not but if was) then I would be ok with Mr Trump losing, from a political pov - lose one and win more. This election was a referendum on Mr Trump as a person. The electorate had enough of his behaviour and asserted themselves

it was not a referendum on the direction of the Republican Party. As a party the Republicans did pretty good in terms of electorate results overall. They have the majority in the Senate currently and they made gains in the House. If the election was about them and not just about Mr Trump (as it was) then the Republican party would have got washed away, and that never happened

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So you weren't talking about American farmers? Sorry. Apparently I misread our post.

 

I am not sure why you'd think my post responding to this quote by you would have anything to do with American farmers. Or even how that possibly could have been misunderstood.

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You mean like how the US put all Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII?

Ask George Takei about that since he experienced it.

 

 

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it might have been possible for Ivanka Trump to parachute directly into the White House had Mr Trump won this election and been a two-term president. For her to ever be President now then Ms Trump is going to have to do the hard yards as a Congress member beforehand. Is possible if she ever wanted to do it. Pick a safe red seat and win the primary

It's not a requirement for Ivanka Trump to be a member of Congress.  All that is required is listed below.  And, I think with two terms of Donald Trump, America would have definitely wanted a change.  Ivanka Trump, I'm thinking perhaps first women elected President is quite possible.  Some of my ancestors were French Bohemian gypsies, what can I say, which is actually true.   LOL.  However, I just have this feeling it would be Ivanka instead of one of Trump's sons.  Just a feeling.   The plus to Ivanka is she was a Democrat.  She may become one of these new "centrists".    Who knows.  

The Constitution lists only three qualifications for the Presidency — the President must be 35 years of age, be a natural born citizen, and must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's not a requirement for Ivanka Trump to be a member of Congress.  All that is required is listed below.  And, I think with two terms of Donald Trump, America would have definitely wanted a change.  Ivanka Trump, I'm thinking perhaps first women elected President is quite possible.  Some of my ancestors were French Bohemian gypsies, what can I say, which is actually true.   LOL.  However, I just have this feeling it would be Ivanka instead of one of Trump's sons.  Just a feeling.   The plus to Ivanka is she was a Democrat.  She may become one of these new "centrists".    Who knows.  

The Constitution lists only three qualifications for the Presidency — the President must be 35 years of age, be a natural born citizen, and must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

Trumps likely to go down in burning flames at this rate. And if you know anything about his family and how they got rich you'd know his family will throw eachother under the bus. I honestly don't see any of them surviving this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's not a requirement for Ivanka Trump to be a member of Congress.

The Constitution lists only three qualifications for the Presidency — the President must be 35 years of age, be a natural born citizen, and must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

yes anyone can put their name in. Kanye West for example. But to win candidates need to bring something of their own to the electorate. Being the daughter of a one-term president is not enough to bring, a daughter whose advice the president set aside in pursuit of his own agenda. Ms Trump will need to bring something else other than this to mount a winning bid. And that something else has to be of a substance that resonates with the electorate

a scenario where Ms Trump could win [ could meaning have a chance of winning ]

become a actual experienced politican not just a daughter playing at being one.  Pick a red safe seat. Win and attend the Congress, make some legislative gains/headlines, and then run against Kamala Harris in either 4 or 8 years depending on Mr Biden's tenure as President

if this was to happen then that presidential election will be fought on conservative vs liberal colour lines, nevermind how Ms Trump or Ms Harris conduct  or present themselves personally. And that election would truly be about the soul of the nation, far more so than this referendum on the personal behaviour of Mr Trump was

Edited by Mollymews
[ ]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

 

I am not sure why you'd think my post responding to this quote by you would have anything to do with American farmers. Or even how that possibly could have been misunderstood.

 

 

I don't need you to quote what I said back to me. I said it. I know what I said. You said things that apply to American farmers so naturally I thought you were including them or speaking specifically about them.

I'm not going to go back and quote every post you and I have made, then go through some long drawn out blow by blow. You'll either have to figure it out for yourself or forget about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes anyone can put their name in. Kanye West for example. But to win candidates need to bring something of their own to the electorate. Being the daughter of a one-term president is not enough to bring, a daughter whose advice the president set aside in pursuit of his own agenda. Ms Trump will need to bring something else other than this to mount a winning bid. And that something else has to be of a substance that resonates with the electorate

a scenario where Ms Trump could win [ could meaning have a chance of winning ]

become a actual experienced politican not just a daughter playing at being one.  Pick a red safe seat. Win and attend the Congress, make some legislative gains/headlines, and then run against Kamala Harris in either 4 or 8 years depending on Mr Biden's tenure as President

if this was to happen then that presidential election will be fought on conservative vs liberal colour lines, nevermind how Ms Trump or Ms Harris conduct  or present themselves personally. And that election would truly be about the soul of the nation, far more so than this referendum on the personal behaviour of Mr Trump was

No, I didn't mean putting her name in like Kayne...I mean as one of the main parties - either Republican or Democrat.  What's interesting to note in the current election was the large shift of Hispanic American voters to Republican.   And, a shift with Ms. Harris aboard to help deal with systemic racism.  That is strange.  Makes me wonder what's up with that?  POC shifted towards Trump instead of Biden/Harris with Biden/Harris saying systemic racism is what they plan to work on and tackle along with climate change and, of course, the current coronavirus.  

Also, Ivanka is an insider now.  She's not an outsider.  Plus after two old dudes, the world might start shifting towards younger candidates.  Hmmmmmmmmm...we'll have to wait n see...but if Hispanics voted against Biden/Harris because Ms. Harris IS a women...well, then, a woman president is not going to happen any time soon via a vote.  If Biden passes away, then Vice President-elect, Ms. Harris, would be the first woman president.     

 

Edited by FairreLilette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Senate races are still up for grabs in Georgia. So the republicans don't have the majority just yet.

If the democrats win both of those seats it puts dems and reps at 50/50.

So any tie in the Senate, Kamala Harris becomes the tie breaker.

That should put some boxers  in a twist.

Hehehe 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Both Senate races are still up for grabs in Georgia. So the republicans don't have the majority just yet.

If the democrats win both of those seats it puts dems and reps at 50/50.

So any tie in the Senate, Kamala Harris becomes the tie breaker.

That should put some boxers  in a twist.

Hehehe 

I read that too.

I wanted to know why the huge Hispanic vote for Trump/Pence over Biden/Harris, as Biden/Harris have plans to deal with systemic racism and just read an article that Trump gained a much larger portion of the Hispanic vote because he is anti-abortion and Biden is pro- choice.  *hangs head on desk*  The president of the United States does not have anything to do with making abortion legal or illegal, it's up to the Supreme Court and always will be.  It also said Hispanics are mostly conservative Catholics as well and the Pope says no to abortion.   Sometimes, I feel like the world progresses five steps and then takes 12 steps backwards and never gets 'anywhere'.

Edited by FairreLilette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really care who wins the election being in Australia however do find it interesting to see all the political vote infighting going on in a country that considers itself a democracy.

That said, I have a genuine question that someone here may have an answer for to quell my curiosity. As I understand it votes are counted by an electronic machine in America (of which I assume all these votes are then later hand checked or something for inaccuracy at some stage) and these official counts are then provided to media outlets on the night of the electronic tallying of which they provide live accurate counts. If that is indeed the case, how can the following things happen where an enormous amount of votes switch?

Do the votes get calculated by the machines and then immediately after are checked again or something. Just find it odd that these videos show the switching only gives Biden the votes. Is this a downside in electronic counting in that the counting is flawed that it misreads the vote slip?

In Australia the majority of votes are counted on the night of the election and I have never seen any time where one party gets a 20k gain whilst the other party loses the 20k. BTW Australia still counts their votes all by hand so I genuinely don't know anything about electronic counting hence the question.

As I said genuine question, not a flame/troll etc.

EDIT:

Of course this could also I suppose be a issue with the news site and not the counting however I did hear of the AG in one states saying 6000 votes were miscounted.

Edited by Drayke Newall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

I don't really care who wins the election being in Australia

I would think it would behove everyone in the world to care if a madman were to gain or remain in control of one of the most powerful countries of the world, especially if they were to have direct access to nuclear weapon launch capabilities.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I would think it would behove everyone in the world to care if a madman were to gain or remain in control of one of the most powerful countries of the world, especially if they were to have direct access to nuclear weapon launch capabilities.

Meh, he was in for 4 years and really didn't upset the status quo all that much around the world that I am aware of, at least for Australia he didn't.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Meh, he was in for 4 years and really didn't upset the status quo all that much around the world that I am aware of, at least for Australia he didn't.

There is always the potential for someone far worse than Trump in the future.  I think we have been well and truly shown that there are now no limits to WTF US elections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

I don't really care who wins the election being in Australia however do find it interesting to see all the political vote infighting going on in a country that considers itself a democracy.

That said, I have a genuine question that someone here may have an answer for to quell my curiosity. As I understand it votes are counted by an electronic machine in America (of which I assume all these votes are then later hand checked or something for inaccuracy at some stage) and these official counts are then provided to media outlets on the night of the electronic tallying of which they provide live accurate counts. If that is indeed the case, how can the following things happen where an enormous amount of votes switch?

Do the votes get calculated by the machines and then immediately after are checked again or something. Just find it odd that these videos show the switching only gives Biden the votes. Is this a downside in electronic counting in that the counting is flawed that it misreads the vote slip?

In Australia the majority of votes are counted on the night of the election and I have never seen any time where one party gets a 20k gain whilst the other party loses the 20k. BTW Australia still counts their votes all by hand so I genuinely don't know anything about electronic counting hence the question.

As I said genuine question, not a flame/troll etc.

EDIT:

Of course this could also I suppose be a issue with the news site and not the counting however I did hear of the AG in one states saying 6000 votes were miscounted.

This is getting kind of exhausting. So, someone just happened to be recording CNN on the night of the election on their phone, the exact moment the votes switched. You don't think that's strange?

Why frame it like there's an error with the voting machines? There's no evidence of voting machines making large scale errors.

An easy test would be to see what the other media outlets were reporting at 10:22 on the night of the election. Do those outlets report the same thing? Where are those videos? CNN does not declare a projected winner and then the other networks just fall in line.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

This is getting kind of exhausting. So, someone just happened to be recording CNN on the night of the election on their phone, the exact moment the votes switched. You don't think that's strange?

Why frame it like there's an error with the voting machines? There's no evidence of voting machines making large scale errors.

An easy test would be to see what the other media outlets were reporting at 10:22 on the night of the election. Do those outlets report the same thing? Where are those videos?

it didn't happen on the Fox News or Associated Press feeds. I watched both feeds. Fox News campaign data desk is the best in the business for getting fast and accurate data results on screen

if those numbers coming from the electoral offices changed as the person is suggesting then Fox News would have been all over it on the night. And they weren't because it never happened in the way the person is suggesting

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...