what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I can imagine Trump escaping Federal prosecution, not by pardon, but by lack of attention from DOJ because of the political backlash the Dems would reap from pursuing him. 

True - there would be plenty of Trump fanatics that would be sure he was only being prosecuted because the Dems are in charge of it and just "out to get him".

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They needed Nixon because China. 

We don't need Trump.

Speaking of China, I actually agreed with Trump for being tough on them. I hope Biden does the same. I honestly can't fathom how a democracy sacrifices its morals for greed with whats going on in the western part of that country. And with whats going on with Hong Kong.

It's amazing how little of that is spoken of in mainstream media. We as westerners essentially traded Hong Kong to China for walmart and target.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

He at least put a spot light on it which is more than anyone else can say.

No, he did. The US will probably deal with China a little differently moving forward. Except....you know, the farmer's and the aluminum workers paid the price and China's economy is the only major economy to actually expand. 

Spotlights are good though!

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

No, he did. The US will probably deal with China a little differently moving forward. Except....you know, the farmer's and the aluminum workers paid the price and China's economy is the only major economy to actually expand. 

Spotlights are good though!

The farmers were doing fine before the china trade deal. And they must be doing fine now because they are rural america and rural america voted overwhelmingly for trump. Also there's a saying "you shouldn't put your eggs in one basket". You also shouldn't put your eggs in a communist basket. Especially one that is currently putting millions of their own citizens in what is essentially concentration camps and oppressing another few million people in a major world class city.

3 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

The farmers were doing fine before the china trade deal. And they must be doing fine now because they are rural america and rural america voted overwhelmingly for trump. Also there's a saying "you shouldn't put your eggs in one basket". You also shouldn't put your eggs in a communist basket. Especially one that is currently putting millions of their own citizens in what is essentially concentration camps and oppressing another few million people in a major world class city.

I mean...that's all cool, especially the Ugyr part, but I think any president would've condemned them for that. I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about his "trade war" and how you put it...being tough on them. I don't know what rural america voting for him has to do with policy failure. Their economy has grown...during a pandemic, american investing to china has increased and all he got was basically an IOU to purchase american goods....which, they may or may not make good on.

I guess I would call that a success and being tough? Oh, yeah...and he still lost the election.

Just now, Janet Voxel said:

I mean...that's all cool, especially the Ugyr part, but I think any president would've condemned them for that. I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about his "trade war" and how you put it...being tough on them. I don't know what rural america voting for him has to do with policy failure. Their economy has grown...during a pandemic, american investing to china has increased and all he got was basically an IOU to purchase american goods....which, they may or may not make good on.

I guess I would call that a success and being tough? Oh, yeah...and he still lost the election.

I don't think I ever said it was a success. I only said that I agreed with his position of being tough on China.

11 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

and China's economy is the only major economy to actually expand. 

No, California expanded and California is half of the U.S. GDP and California is the 5th largest economy in the world by itself.  The China boom is actually over.  It was over quite some time ago.  They still have a good economy as is but they aren't in a boom anymore.  

Also, Warren Buffet bought Japanese bonds oh not too long ago.  I think Japan will be re-emerging soon.  Also, recently Britain said it wanted to established trade with Japan since Brexit.  Now I know why Buffet was buying Japanese bonds.    

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

No, California expanded and California is half of the U.S. GDP and California is the 5th largest economy in the world by itself.  The China boom is actually over.  It was over quite some time ago.  They still have a good economy as is but they aren't in a boom anymore.  

Also, Warren Buffet bought Japanese bonds oh not too long ago.  I think Japan will be re-emerging soon.  Also, recently Britain said it wanted to established trade with Japan since Brexit.  Now I know why Buffet was buying Japanese bonds.    

Yes California is the only state in America that actually loses money for being a United State. It could support itself as a lone country. I don't see Japan as being remotely alternative to China. Japan is highly educated and their labor isn't cheap. It's also a small country whose industry would not be able to keep up with demands of other larger nations as well as their own expansion. If a country were replace China it would be a combination of India and smaller nations like Taiwan. Remember when it use to say "made in Taiwan" on the back of our tags? I miss those days actually. xD

Just now, Ultimo Constantineau said:

You mean like how the US put all Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII?

Ask George Takei about that since he experienced it.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You mean like how the US put all Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII?

Ask George Takei about that since he experienced it.

Ya and we all agreed as a planet that concentration camps are bad. But that being said, when did I say America was some how innocent of this for me to deserve this retort?

My position has nothing to do with america and more to do with the fact that I am free and there's people in Hong Kong who want to be free and people in Western China and North Korea who are far worse than just wanting to be free. Who can't even fathom what free is.

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Farmers have always been (in recent history) Republican.  They don't like government price control which is more a Democrat thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Yes California is the only state in America that actually loses money for being a United State. It could support itself as a lone country. I don't see Japan as being remotely alternative to China. Japan is highly educated and their labor isn't cheap. It's also a small country whose industry would not be able to keep up with demands of other larger nations as well as their own expansion. If a country were replace China it would be a combination of India and smaller nations like Taiwan. Remember when it use to say "made in Taiwan" on the back of our tags? I miss those days actually. xD

Well, Warren Buffet bought Japanese bonds and I was wondering why and then Britain announced months later it will be trading with Japan post Brexit.   So, we'll have to see what is going on there.

California was actually booming, absolutely booming before coronavirus.  I had spoken about a day trip my sister and I took months before coronavirus and every restaurant had absolutely no place to park and even at the mall there was no place to park.  We spent two hours driving around looking for a place to park and that never happens except during what is known as "the Christmas rush".  I hope California can get back on it's feet...we have a lot of small business owners here.  It's tragic what is occurring here with the coronavirus.   

Edited by FairreLilette

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, Warren Buffet bought Japanese bonds and I was wondering why and then Britain announced months later it will be trading with Japan post Brexit.   So, we'll have to see what is going on there.

That's because the UK is realizing that separating from the EU was not bright or at the very least shouldn't have been done without a plan in advance and are grasping at straws for any trade deal with literally anyone.

6 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

That's because the UK is realizing that separating from the EU was not bright or at the very least shouldn't have been done without a plan in advance and are grasping at straws for any trade deal with literally anyone.

Britain was nearing bankruptcy though with 90% of it's GPD tied up in debt...but now we could all be bankrupt...even the banks could be bankrupt all around the world.  

As far as how China is behaving towards Taiwan and Hong Kong...it's out of line to say the least and this is with me knowing only a very little about it.  I have not heard of concentration camps as you state in a post above.  How tragic.  Oh my gah!

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.