Can we use spoilers?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have learnt how to use spoilers like this: [SPOILER]    [/SPOILER] but it does not seem to work. I wanted to hide a long list of furniture so it did not take up half a page. Those interested could open the spoiler and look.

How do spoilers work here?

I thought I saw something like that on one of Skell's posts.

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have learnt how to use spoilers like this: [SPOILER]    [/SPOILER] but it does not seem to work.

You can still enter codelike text into a post with <>-button, but it seems HTML is no longer an option for us as users to insert into a post anymore or alter the HTML-source of the post. That or I simply do not know how to achieve creating a spoiler within a post.

<spoiler> This spoiler does not work as it should.</spoiler>

Edited by TDD123

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

My Flickr is close to 1000, so... 😩

I can so relate to that...

A month ago I culled about 500 images... and now I'm seriously shy of posting to it again...

I suspect back when spoiler worked here, they might have been using a different forum software. We've been on this system for years - but there's enough of us around here that were around under older systems for us to remember things from 'the old days'.

It would be a nice feature to have.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

Strange.  When I quoted your post in a response, my response was hidden.  Never had that happen before. @Chaser Zaks

My domain is in the blacklist keyword right now because of the spammer guy on the forums. Currently asking LL to unblacklist it because I have stuff on there specifically for SL, and I am unable to use it/share it with others.

2 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

My domain is in the blacklist keyword right now because of the spammer guy on the forums. Currently asking LL to unblacklist it because I have stuff on there specifically for SL, and I am unable to use it/share it with others.

Thanks for the explanation.  I tried to click your spoiler and didn't get anywhere so was going to respond to that quoting you.  Dang keyword filters.

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I tried to click your spoiler and didn't get anywhere so was going to respond to that quoting you.

The way it is designed is like the reddit and various other forums implement spoilers, the idea is you select the text. Unfortunately doesn't work on mobile, but it is better than nothing.

tmp.gif.c06ece7cbe68f12afc08ac1519e933e3.gif

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 7:35 PM, Chaser Zaks said:

The way it is designed is like the reddit and various other forums implement spoilers, the idea is you select the text. Unfortunately doesn't work on mobile, but it is better than nothing.

tmp.gif.c06ece7cbe68f12afc08ac1519e933e3.gif

Works on mobile too. Tap and hold.

Screenshot_2020-11-08-05-34-22-467_com.android.chrome.jpg

On 11/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, Marianne Little said:

I wanted to hide a long list of furniture so it did not take up half a page. Those interested could open the spoiler and look.

@Marianne Little Long quotes are automatically shortened and can be "closed" to save even more space. (You'll see that if you quote my post, because of the long image.) You can add a quote (without actually quoting anyone) with this button:

75476f8d34.png

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 2:26 AM, Maitimo said:

I don't think this forum has that feature.

But if you have a blog, you could post all your pics there and post a link to it here. Or you could make a flickr album and link to that.

It worked up until that last big update that added a bunch of stuff no one really wanted or needed. I need spoilers. I use them in consideration of others and they can be useful in making a point or even a joke.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.