Omega Hud

Aluviel Nakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I want to make my own body and face tattoos. I was looking for the Omega hud that I can use to put the tattoos in. when I search the market place the hud is already owned by someone else and ha\s makeup already in it. When I try to go to properties to see who created it.. it gives the makeup persons name instead of the orginal Omega hud. Question, If I have a genus or catwa or TSG head, do I have to have a special omega hud customized for each?  if so.... 

Who can I buy it from?

Thank you all.

The Omega HUD works to connect your body part to whatever it is you want to apply - makeup, tattoo etc.  It is not something you put the layers into. 

Yes you will need to purchase a HUD for seperate parts as a LeLutka HUD will not work with applying a skin to a Maitreya body etc.  You will need a HUD for each creation ie LeLutka, Catwa, Genus, Maitreya, Logo etc.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/133475

There is a free development kit to make your own omega appliers https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Dev-Kit/6070969

but to apply them I think you still also need the omega relay HUDs for each part you want to apply them to if Omega is not built into the part.

Many people are using Bakes On Mesh (BOM) for tattoo and makeup ‘layers’ now instead though. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Clarity.
  • Like 1

Omega Solutions makes the Omega appliers and relays. These are interfaces between various developer products. 

Consider. If you make something like a mesh head or body, you don't want to have people stealing your IP. So, you make a deal with Omega to build an an adapter for the skin makers so they can easily make skins for your product without you having to provide all your custom info to them. So, the Omega system is a security and simplification thing.

You can make your product Omega compatible and Omega Systems will handle making it compatible with other products.

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Omega Solutions makes the Omega appliers and relays. These are interfaces between various developer products. 

Consider. If you make something like a mesh head or body, you don't want to have people stealing your IP. So, you make a deal with Omega to build an an adapter for the skin makers so they can easily make skins for your product without you having to provide all your custom info to them. So, the Omega system is a security and simplification thing.

You can make your product Omega compatible and Omega Systems will handle making it compatible with other products.

It's not a security thing, it's purely a simplification thing.

Without Omega, you as the skin/tattoo creator would have to create many appliers for different products, for example:

• You need to get Maitreya's dev kit to make a skin/tattoo...
  • You need to get Catwa's dev kit to make a skin/tattoo...
  • You need to get Apricot Paws' dev kit to make a skin/tattoo...
  • And so on for every no-modify body-part and addon you can think of...

But the body-part creators can help you by scripting their products to listen to Omega appliers. This way, you as the skin/tattoo creator only need to create an Omega applier, which will work for all of them. Omega is just an established standard that makes things easier -- it does not make your textures any more or less protected than any other applier script (or no script).

23 hours ago, Aluviel Nakamura said:

I want to make my own body and face tattoos.

You need the Omega dev kit, it's free: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Dev-Kit/6070969

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

4 hours ago, Aluviel Nakamura said:

Wow thank you all for the links and the education on it. When I do make a tattoo and it looks good and im ready to sell it, I will make mention that they need a base Omega hud first then the hud I provide after. If this is incorrect please let me know^^

The customer will need to purchase the Omega relay/installer for their own particular mesh product (if it has one). They need to wear that (wear and click once if it's an installer, wear every time if it's a relay), they wear your applier.

Thank you Maitimo!, I was luck to stumble across my old Omega hud nd something just told me to put it on my hud and click it. so I lucked out there  I have a genus head, this was the omega applier for that head, so like you said it conditions things or sets it up first. I always include a note card in my things with step by step instructions and give customer support. I dont expect people to "Just know" and then keep their money like some shops do. Soo when I do get it working I will do that for the customers. 

wooo I just tried to operate that hud and um Nope... it went into attack mode and put markings on my face!! If there is anyone who can put this hud together for me or teach me how to do it, lets talk shop. I want to put this with my tattoos in my shop for sale like everyone else. Please directly IM me and let me know how much you charge^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.