Right Click Crashing

SirRoss1488303619

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good Day!

I have a situation. I seem to be crashing when I right click on either an object or even when I right click on an Avatar.

I can be in my skybox ~2000m alone or on the ground w/or without other avatars near me.

Only pattern I can detirmine is this crash happens when I right click on object or Avatar. *note* this does not happen everytime; but happens more times then I like ;)

I've taken a few sniptool pics and a JING Vid of my GPU Settings. I will attach to this question-showing stats etc..

My ISP is Comcast. I am LAN connected.

When I crash, a 'crash report' is created on my desktop.

Addtional stats:

GPU: Galaxy Nivida GTS-450 @1G

CPU: Athlon ll X2  250 processor @ 3GHZ

RAM: 8G

PSU: 700Watt

Mobo: ASUSTeK model: M4A785-M

NIC: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Copy/paste of 'about SL'

Second Life 2.6.8 (230359) May 19 2011 16:28:57 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at **********, 2,701.4 in New Toulouse Algiers located at sim8563.agni.lindenlab.com

Second Life Server 11.05.05.228940
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (3013.28 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 450/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.7061
OpenGL Version: 4.1.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: P??

Is there a client side setting I should adjust? Or is this something on server or even ISP side?

Jing Vid on GPU Settings:

http://screencast.com/t/ABG1D2FBMypO

Snap Shots on SL and PC Stats/Info:

PC Performance Score.JPG

Resource Monitor Memory Allocation and Usage.JPG

SL Pref Set up and LAG Meter.JPG

speakeasy speed test.JPG

System info.JPG

Snip Tool Capture of SL Technical Info.JPG

*I apologise if these pics have taken up alot of real estate* *I looked for a thumbnail for pics*

I hope this info helps.

My first post yay!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you provide :)

Mathurin (SirRoss)

4 answers to this question

Second Life automaticall installs into the 32-bit Program Files (x86) folder so I wouldn't worry about your OS being 64-bit. Your specification is excellent and should run SL with no issues whatsoever.

I suggest you uninstall the viewer completely including manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData > Roaming and AppData > Local.

If AppData is hidden, you need to enable viewing. Follow the instructions for your OS here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7422​0

If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

Now download Second Life from the main download page and install it.

Log into the region Smith. If you can't change Login Location, tick the box 'Show on login' under Preferences > General > Login Location. Make sure you are in Advanced mode and not Basic prior to logging in. Allow your Inventory to load. Click the Recent tab to get this going. Once loaded, teleport to some destination and see if your problem is fixed. If not, refer back. 

I usually advise people to open Preferences > Setup tab and change 'Software updates' drop down menu to 'Download and install updates manually', as the automatic update process has caused problems for some. Unless you are experiencing problems a simple uninstall from the Start Menu > All Programs > Second Life should suffice before downloading and installing future viewer releases.

• Like 2

I actually had a problem with Mouse Click crashing also a while back, but not with viewer 2.  It turned out to be a driver conflict.  It was driving me up the wall.

So I will ask this question, have you tried a different mouse from a different manufacturer to isolate the problem?

There was just something batty about the particular mouse, the manufacturer's drivers, my computer and SL that did not agree. 

The craziest thing about it was if I reversed the right and left click button functions the mouse worked perfectly fine. Drove my family nuts when they used the computer though.  I wound up getting a different breed of mouse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.