RavenClaw23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

This problem started randomly when I logged on to second life. (Firstly I have not converted to BOM yet, I haven't looked for a new skin yet to do so) My second life avatar, that I usually hide with a full body alpha that came with the maitreya body, isn't working? It seems the second life avatar still shows through. I have tried everything I can think of, any ideas on what this problem is?

photo of what is going on 

https://gyazo.com/2861ad940d6903f726adce83f05c0ed2

please help if you can, thankies.

So your body alpha doesn't appear to be working.

I have noticed something similar WITH BOM  now and then (maybe the last month) in that the alpha cuts on the Maitreya Lara body SHOW that parts should be invisible and yet they are not and show through clothing.  For me toggling the alpha hud fixes that but obviously that's not supposed to be needed.  

Maybe something to do with "the cloud". I don't know.   Have you tried taking off and putting back on your body alpha?   Or maybe using another one?

As you are not using BOM, you must wear the alpha, but I see that you're already doing so. The problem here is that the alpha layer isn't rezzing for you. You must have at least Basic Shaders active in your graphics, so if you are usually on low graphics settings, make sure at least that is enabled. 

• Like 1

ok...  Its hard for me to say without having access to the avi to troubleshoot.  But...  I have looked at the picture.  First....  I would look at ur avi and double check u did not switch ur body to bom by accident...  Then...  I would for sure jump on the lara body official inworld chat and show the picture.  Make sure ur speaking to a customer service rep on the chat which usually shows in bold in chat.  Their opinion on whats going on is always helpful. 

Something I noticed is u stated u were not using bom yet.  but... u also didn't state what exact skin ur using.  I think in this day and age its important to consider how 'old' ur skin is and if u may need a more updated one.  The other thing is...  Have u considered switching to bom?  This may be a good time to consider doing the switch.  It may be helpful to go inworld in hit the 'avi attachment refresh' button.  And speaking of refreshing...  Have you hit the refresh button on ur lara body hud in the alpha section?  I would also make sure ur lara body has been updated to the most recent version available.  You can also verify that in the lara body inworld official chat group.

If nothing more...  Sometimes waiting 24 hours, etc can make a huge difference in sl.  But...  I do feel in this case leaning on the lara body official inworld chat would help u to the most to start your trouble shooting.

13 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

ok...  Its hard for me to say without having access to the avi to troubleshoot.  But...  I have looked at the picture.  First....  I would look at ur avi and double check u did not switch ur body to bom by accident...  Then...  I would for sure jump on the lara body official inworld chat and show the picture.  Make sure ur speaking to a customer service rep on the chat which usually shows in bold in chat.  Their opinion on whats going on is always helpful. 

Something I noticed is u stated u were not using bom yet.  but... u also didn't state what exact skin ur using.  I think in this day and age its important to consider how 'old' ur skin is and if u may need a more updated one.  The other thing is...  Have u considered switching to bom?  This may be a good time to consider doing the switch.  It may be helpful to go inworld in hit the 'avi attachment refresh' button.  And speaking of refreshing...  Have you hit the refresh button on ur lara body hud in the alpha section?  I would also make sure ur lara body has been updated to the most recent version available.  You can also verify that in the lara body inworld official chat group.

If nothing more...  Sometimes waiting 24 hours, etc can make a huge difference in sl.  But...  I do feel in this case leaning on the lara body official inworld chat would help u to the most to start your trouble shooting.

But it's not just her body, it's also her head and her head is also showing the system hairbase which to me means it's more a connection issue than anything else.  Her avatar is not loading completely.  The simplest thing to start is to check your connection speed and reboot if needed.  

16 hours ago, RavenClaw23 said:

seems like your body is not baking. When a body shape is not able to found in the SL asset database then it won't bake

not sure where you are in the world, but a couple of days ago there was a issue for some of us in the Australia/South Pacific region with our body shapes getting lost from the AWS asset server in Australia. It never happened with all the body shapes, just some. I lost 2 of mine and had to remake new ones to replace them

some other people came on here and said the same but I dunno if they recreated or the SL database fixed itself somehow

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.