Firestorm Phoenix and outfit saves ... where?

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today's newbie question ... in vanilla FS you could "Save as" an outfit (let's call it Dress A) to duplicate it, rename it (call the new one Dress B), and then make changes to what you were wearing and then select "Save" to lock those changes in. Voila! Two outfits now, different dresses. In the Phoenix UI, I do not see any way to save the new outfit. I can copy/paste one outfit folder to create a second different one, make changes, but where's the "save" function when I do? Or if I simply makes changes to the outfit Dress A, how do I save them in Phoenix?

Thanks!

Edited by TickleKitten
spelling

2 answers to this question

10 hours ago, TickleKitten said:

Today's newbie question ... in vanilla FS you could "Save as" an outfit (let's call it Dress A) to duplicate it, rename it (call the new one Dress B), and then make changes to what you were wearing and then select "Save" to lock those changes in. Voila! Two outfits now, different dresses. In the Phoenix UI, I do not see any way to save the new outfit. I can copy/paste one outfit folder to create a second different one, make changes, but where's the "save" function when I do? Or if I simply makes changes to the outfit Dress A, how do I save them in Phoenix?

Thanks!

I use that UI of Firestorm.  Here is what I do:

Right click your avatar and select Appearance and then select Edit Outfit.  That pops up a window showing your current outfit.  If anything about the outfit has changed since you put it on, the bottom will show 'Save' at the bottom with an arrow that will give you a 'Save As' option:

image.png.b00c7b585467ed1587652a1adfcbb48c.png

When you click 'Save As' it will pop up a new window containing the current outfit name with " (new)" appended to the end.  Type in whatever you want to name your new outfit and click OK.   

If you want to make more outfits from that one, leave the Appearance window open, make more changes to what you are wearing and do the 'Save As' again.  Rinse, repeat.

Note:  You can get to the Edit Outfit window also by selecting Appearance from the Avatar main menu at the top.  That window will default to your Outfits folder, with the currently worn one expanded - that window also has a 'Save As' at the bottom.  Clicking the wrench icon in the upper right gets you to the Edit Outfit window that I first talked about.

The nice thing about the 'Edit Outfit' window itself is that the 'Save' button at the bottom will not even be available unless you have made changes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.