Swapping homes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How big are the parcels?  At some point, one of them will own both parcels, even if just for a second or two.  That runs the risk of popping you into the next-highest tier, which you'll have to pay the next time you're billed.  Be very very careful.

Set Avatar One's parcel for sale to ONLY Avatar Two, for zero Lindens.  Set Avatar Two's parcel for sale to ONLY Avatar One, for zero Lindens. IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR ON HOW TO DO THIS, PLEASE DON'T.  There are folks who have bots that look for cheap land.  It's understandable for them to have an automated process to search for cheap land, trying to tp their bots to the cheap parcels before a competitor snags the land.  The problem is, if you make a mistake and set the land to sale for zero Lindens, or even some other price that's still cheap, and forget to set it for sale to a specific person, then ANYBODY can buy it.  No sooner will you press the enter button than a bot will show up and buy the land.  Goodbye parcel.  And you can't even talk to the robot and ask for your land back, that you made a mistake.  I'm not sure what various high-volume land dealers have as their policies regarding returning mistake land as a good faith gesture; I would, because I have over twenty years of real world Customer Service experience.  But that doesn't mean everyone would, and Linden Labs is pretty clear that all sales are final.  SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING, AND JUST PLAIN DON'T IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Then you have Avatar One buy Avatar Two's land, and vice versa.  There's no way to truly swap it, so at some point Avatar One will own both their old parcel, and the new one.  So again, be careful that the total amount of land doesn't pop you into a higher tier.  You MIGHT be able to avoid this via deeding the land to your group, but that can prove to be even more difficult and result in the higher tier fee regardless due to mistakes -- I know this from personal experience, or I should say my wallet does.  A 512 to 1024 fee jump is no big deal.  A half-region to full-region jump hurts.  So again, be very careful.

13 hours ago, samanthatricklebaum said:

I have two Avatars each having their own home.  I would like them to swap homes.  How can this be done?

If the homes are Linden Homes, there is no way to do a swap and guarantee that you would each get the other's property.  You have to abandon a Linden Home in order to claim another one and they are given out randomly.

If not a Linden Home, follow Rabid's advice.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.