lelutka skin help

Jasmine Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It Girls, PEPE Skins, Amara Beauty, Glam Affair, Pumec, Mila, Skinerry, Bold &  Beauty... Just make sure to demo both head and body cause it seems a lot of brands focus on detailed faces but not as much on body, I haven`t tested much lately so can`t really vouch for anyone in that sense... Some offer more diversity, some less, but each store mentioned above has at least a few worth checking out! Btw rather go to in-world store or check their Flickr, MP stores are not always updated on regular bases.

Flickr is great source of info when it comes to shopping in SL!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forbreze said:

Is there any light/medium skin tones for a black person that don't make me look like I'm smacked by flour or needs some moisture for lelutka because I'm tired

I've been using itGirls for a couple of years.  I use the darkest tone but worth checking out the lighter ones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaxMare said:

It Girls, PEPE Skins, Amara Beauty, Glam Affair, Pumec, Mila, Skinerry, Bold &  Beauty... Just make sure to demo both head and body cause it seems a lot of brands focus on detailed faces but not as much on body, I haven`t tested much lately so can`t really vouch for anyone in that sense... Some offer more diversity, some less, but each store mentioned above has at least a few worth checking out! Btw rather go to in-world store or check their Flickr, MP stores are not always updated on regular bases.

Flickr is great source of info when it comes to shopping in SL!

Question:  Are any of these making FULL BOM skins or just a tattoo for the head? 

13 minutes ago, forbreze said:

most of those skins look dusty or plan on me, so any other suggestions will be welcome

Could be your lighting too.  Do you know where the ENVIRONMENT EDITOR is and how to change the lighting?  If you do, change it to Annan Adored Optimal Skin No Shadow to view skins and/or take photographs. 

Here is a screenshot, first go to WORLD > ENVIRONMENT EDITOR.  Click ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS.  Check CUSTOMIZE MY ENVIRONMENT and check FIXED SKY and then click on the setting name there which may be MIDDAY and a menu of all kinds of different lighting will open.    Annan Adored Optimal Skin No Shadow is a great one for viewing skins.  You can also find a quicker way but I forgot what the name of the icon on the bottom row is to change your lighting as well.

Screenshot (130).png

Edited by FairreLilette

Along with the ones already listed, Tres Beau and Session have some beautiful options for darker toned skins in my opinion. If you aren't already, definitely take a look at Flickr to window shop. Lelutka has a group just for products that work on their heads. You might have to do some digging, and definitely don't trust the vendor ads at face value as they often cannot show their entire range of colors and the trend is to Photoshop. So demo demo demo. And there is something to what FairreLilette says about lighting. My avatar looks really featureless and washed out in certain lighting especially if you use a super bright windlight like Midday. Since I use Firestorm predominantly, I mostly walk around using Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim which is still pretty bright , but not harsh.  I hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

You unpack them  like you would a clothing item and it will live in folders in your inventory. Then you should be able to either right click them in your inventory and set it that way  and it should also populate where you can change where the basic skies are too.  I wish I could show pictures, but I am slagging off at work again >.>  and don't have access to my viewers currently.

10 hours ago, forbreze said:

Is there any light/medium skin tones for a black person that don't make me look like I'm smacked by flour or needs some moisture for lelutka because I'm tired

....ummm.... what!?!

There is an EEP glitch that has yet to be fixed that make people look like plastic dolls. You can clear that by turning off materials on you skin/body.

• Like 1

Well, they all look nice to me.  It's going to be difficult finding a skin that is NOT Plain without highlights which is what I assume you meant by 'smacked by flour'. 

If you're BOM, maybe an old system type skin?  Those were mostly flat looking with the darker skins.

Edited by RowanMinx

12 hours ago, forbreze said:

It Girls. That's the brand you want to investigate.

It's actually the brand they use in a lot of their product images.

NURI x Lelutka x GenusBOM x Lelutka x Genus x CatwaNEW STORE & NEW LM & BOM SKIN/BODY UPDATES

4 hours ago, forbreze said:

i never liked itgirls and those skins makers stuff just look unpleasant on me, sorry

Well, in that case I dunno. You could try Angle Rock, but I personally find their skins often are a bit ashy:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/76460

Chyna-SKIN-VENDOR-with-appliers-TONE-fou

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

NURI x Lelutka x GenusBOM x Lelutka x Genus x CatwaNEW STORE & NEW LM & BOM SKIN/BODY UPDATES

Well, in that case I dunno. You could try Angle Rock, but I personally find their skins often are a bit ashy.

Nuri is the one I'm currently using from ItGirls to go with the head by the same name.  I did buy another but don't recall the name at the moment.

Rainy Days_006.jpg

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well, in that case I dunno. You could try Angle Rock, but I personally find their skins often are a bit ashy.

sorry, but i'll pass on angle rock and i'm wearing lelutka evo the nova one

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.