Can I limit the teleport ability of the student account that I create specifically for school?

earthzero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If they are less than 16 years old they probably can log in only on your island. I don't think you can limit the teleport of people who are 16+. They will be able teleport to other General regions if they are still not adult. Adult will be able to teleport to General and Mature (without age verification). If you want an island where nobody from other island can come in and nobody can teleport from it out you may consider Open Sim.

Edit:

12 years old can't enter Second Life so it looks like Open Sim is a solution in your case. The topic was already discussed here and here. Please read the blog post about teens in Second Life carefuly.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

If they are less than 16 years old they probably can log in only on your island. I don't think you can limit the teleport of people who are 16+. They will be able teleport to other General regions if they are still not adult. Adult will be able to teleport to General and Mature (without age verification). If you want an island where nobody from other island can come in and nobody can teleport from it out you may consider Open Sim.

Edit:

12 years old can't enter Second Life so it looks like Open Sim is a solution in your case. The topic was already discussed here and here. Please read the blog post about teens in Second Life carefuly.

• Like 1

Actually since the students are minors and not 16+, they are bound to the place of the organization under that will grant them access to SL.

EDIT: Finally found an article with details about teenagers in SL (the new Knowledge Base is really the biggest crap beside Viewer 2 I've ever seen...): http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld/Bringing-Teens-to-Second-Life-s-Main-Grid/ba-p/670851

Hi Again,

As I said before, these are questions that you should ask Terrence, 13-15 year olds can only be in SL if they are on sponsored land, such as the shool land you are describing and they would be restricted to that land by LL. 12 year olds are not allowed into SL.

You should email your full proposal and questions, including the age range of your students & the mass registration, to terrence@lindenlab.com and he will be able to tell you how you need to set it up.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.