Jump to content

Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Yesterday there was a post with a lovely gift of free snowy skyboxes above an equally pretty and snowy sim, Snow Globe.   And I see as I type in that link that the forum gods used my snapshot LOL - funny.  

 

Anyway @Marianne Little and I both grabbed one in the wee hours. There still may be some left so checking might be wise.  The skyboxes come with 50 land impact which as we well know isn't that much BUT also as we well know, you can do a lot if you are wise and careful.   Then yesterday EVENING (it was indeed an adventurous day) I found THE most gorgeous sim that just opened with rentals. There are various sizes but most are small and 50 land impact. (See a screenshot below).   

 

I spent a couple of hours last night decorating my new little cottage. I made two new furniture additions today which will work in both habitats and are miraculously low prim with good LODs (well really!).   I will post photos of my stylings and some chatter tomorrow on that.

 

Here's my idea.   

 

Many of us can see the writing on the wall and know that November is going to be hellish -- at least in the US and Europe as well as many other parts of the world. Hats off to the folks that did a GOOD job with COVID == they deserve it.   Anyway, creativity has been hard to come by judging from my arty friends -- both RL and virtual. We need some escape and we need some fun.  So, for those that want to play and stretch the styling skills here's the deal.

 

Find a 50 land impact rental OR choose any house that you own (small would be advise for sure) and decorate it with only 50 land impact. You can build your own stuff, mod other items, buy new things, use old gifts ---- doesn't matter.  Along the way we may find some stellar LI bargains (with good lods of course) that will help each other and our prim budgets in the future. I found an amazing one last night. 

 

This has been a good adventure for me. I have had LOTS of prims for a long while now and while I have done other low prim challenges, it has been some time since I challenged myself. 

 

So if you do decide you want to play be sure and post your photos. In progress and finished and asking where to find things is good to. 

Let's have some FUN. We really need it!!!

 

 

******************************************

 

The photo above is one of the two styles of skyboxes available at Snowglobe.   That is the empty skybox. Nicely done, it has horrible physics (which the landlady is fixing I think as I explained how and she has the power to do so).  But experienced folks will figure out how to rez if needed (I had to actually wear a prim and drop in on the floor to make a rezzing area -- first time EVER I had to do that LOL.  

 

Anyway here is where I am at the end of Day 2.  I have used 13 land impact in this photo.  I made a fake wall with two doors (one you can't see in this shot) to make the area smaller and I really didn't like that alcove much anyway.   When I started going through my inventory I found that I only had one couch under 7 land impact and it would not work at all, so I retextured an older couch of mine (3li).   

 

The Table with books (1LI) I made for the fantasy sim as I have used EVERY bit of my allotment and really needed some more clutter. The three planters with foliage (1li) are a redo of a recentish build.  The fireplace I had. For the rest of the styling I will use creations of others. I just wanted a starting spot and plunking down 8 and 6 chairs and couches was no way to fill up this big space.  AND YES THERE WILL BE SOME COLOR!!!   

1929495712_DayTwoSnowglobe.thumb.jpg.c11ea3d0a35a9b2f3b4e67af99fa2f2e.jpg

 

And here is a shot of my little cottage at Seaclaid.  Super cute with wonderful textures. This is a four year old house from ionic.  It has some physics issues but happily I could work around them.      There is no limit to our creativity!!!!!

 

seaclaid.thumb.jpg.ef32db0db03cc65551b6d6018770badb.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday there was a post with a lovely gift of free snowy skyboxes above an equally pretty and snowy sim, Snow Globe.   And I see as I type in that link that the forum gods used my snapshot LOL - fu

So this was a fun challenge that turned into a prim scrimping obsession for me. For days since I started, all I've thought about was how to save on prims and still have that full living space look. I

So here is my house in Seaclaid.  I have two land impact left which I may use as a bench out back and or more bushes. Undecided at the moment.   Grass and bushes are mine.    Maybe a t

Posted Images

Does my premium home count because that was quite a feat. Haha. 

I’m definitely up for this! Could I bother you for a PM on the creator info for the house build in the box, for authenticity’s sake? If not, I’ll pop over when I’m online tomorrow and see what info I can dig up. *rubs hands together*

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

This sounds like a fun challenge! 
I could carve out the LI allocation on my parcel. Does the 50 LI limit include the house/skybox?

Nope. House can be any LI since "ours" didn't count against us :D.  Actually some of the free houses had complex kitchens in them which had to be a fair amount of LI. I didn't check that.  But to be "fairish" would be good to not have too much built in stuff. LOL.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, norajulian said:

Does my premium home count because that was quite a feat. Haha. 

I’m definitely up for this! Could I bother you for a PM on the creator info for the house build in the box, for authenticity’s sake? If not, I’ll pop over when I’m online tomorrow and see what info I can dig up. *rubs hands together*

The free skyboxes are all gone. Marianne and I were speedy on the spot and some were taken even then. There ARE some 60 li parcels at Seaclaid as I was just there looking around. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fantasy Forest/28/181/32

That I my place but I am pretty sure you will end up in the center of town with the landing point.  And really, you COULD rent something with more land impact as long as you don't USE more than 50 :D.   

 

I am sure there are other spots that have cottages with minimal prims.  If someone knows of some perhaps they can comment here.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is my house in Seaclaid.  I have two land impact left which I may use as a bench out back and or more bushes. Undecided at the moment.   Grass and bushes are mine. 

350696839_seaclaidcottagelow.thumb.jpg.d2d7a8994a9343780df9ec82292b2ee3.jpg

 

Maybe a tree. A tree would be good or another big bush (1li each group these are)  :D.   Maybe some stepping stones on the entryway. 

 

The thing about styling for role play is that while there are so very many pretty things, they are mostly also very primmy ^^. I used several primmy items to portray details of the person living there and balanced that with low li "clutter".

 

 2131956513_cottageinterior2.thumb.jpg.879009430255086e8a822c81f0fb8a98.jpg

The cabinet in the back WITH all the items is an amazing 1 land impact.  Pretty sure it is from Never Totally Dead (not logged in at the moment). But a super inventory find. 

104384705_cottageinterior.thumb.jpg.e17cf8420bd224b0e9dd525cd13774c4.jpg

The Trompe Loeil loveseat (scaled down just a tad) is 6 li and the highest li in the house. 

 

But some of these beautifully detailed RP items are almost as much as the couch.  The could b less if the items would have been JOINED in the 3D program.  Not sure really why folks don't do that.   And I see that my book has sunk into the table.  Something to fix later in the day.  

 

So that's my styling for the cottage.    

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The free skyboxes are all gone. 

Oh, I was actually asking the name of the creator of the build itself so I could rezz it out in my own place - I know I have that one... but! I ran over and found it. Also, there are actually 3 or 4 left! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Me, I'd like to be involved!

But, about those 1 Linden Snow Globe skyboxes, how long can we have one for that price? 

They aren't for sale, they are for rent and may or may not be available (or all rented). 

BUT TO BE CLEAR --- you can use any building you want or rent any building you want in order to participatepte :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, norajulian said:

Oh, I was actually asking the name of the creator of the build itself so I could rezz it out in my own place - I know I have that one... but! I ran over and found it. Also, there are actually 3 or 4 left! 

Ahhh.  Mine is:  hive // snowed in skybox (snow)

The other is also by hive "built in kitchen skybox"   

 

but ANY small house or skybox is OK to use for the challenge.  I do see that it would be fun to do all the same one though :D.   Presumably it is still available.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Me, I'd like to be involved!

But, about those 1 Linden Snow Globe skyboxes, how long can we have one for that price? 

So I went back this morning and there are indeed four skyboxes for rent for $1 PER WEEK.    These all have kitchens.  I missed those before and ALSO the places to rent the bigger on the ground houses.  I was just too busy looking elsewhere I guess LOL.      Sorry. 

 

image.thumb.png.de38835640bf8f6e8adc26cf7589dddf.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, here is mine - so far. I did a speed decorating, because I remembered what I had from last year. I had a Linden home with a big add-on, so I had to be careful about the Li on my furniture. And I shopped a lot on a super low Li store that was in Linden Labs Christmas event. I never remember the names of those, but maybe someone else does.

All this is 44 Li last I checked. The rental boxes are updated with the Li amount used, but it takes time. What is not shown, is the kitchen and stove.

I think it goes without saying that it is a lot of linking to stretch the Li budget. Plus a totally rigid look at Li of the furniture.

toytr_001.jpg

toytr_003.jpg

toytr_002.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

They aren't for sale, they are for rent and may or may not be available (or all rented). 

BUT TO BE CLEAR --- you can use any building you want or rent any building you want in order to participatepte :D

Oh, I meant how long can they be rented...indefinitely or a just for the holiday season for example? 

Anyways, I could only get a kitchen one so my pic below only shows my parlor area.  The kitchen I would just have out my 1 LI tarts and a paper towel rack and otherwise keep the kitchen clean the way it is. 

I haven't linked stuff yet as Marianne stated she did but with just this photo and a little in the kitchen I'm coming in at about 46 prims/46 LI. 

I may change to a little more "christmas-y" later but I actually like nontraditional Christmas trees and Christmas.  I had an all fairy tree one year.  I usually do an all Angel tree and use a lot of Victorian antique wrapping papers for example. 

But, I love having this little place...it's pretty and relaxing!  Thank you for sharing about it!   Plus, I had been wanting to do a lavender/lilac colored "home"...I am so glad I finally got the chance too! 

Snapshot_318.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh, I meant how long can they be rented...indefinitely or a just for the holiday season for example? 

Anyways, I could only get a kitchen one so my pic below only shows my parlor area.  The kitchen I would just have out my 1 LI tarts and a paper towel rack and otherwise keep the kitchen clean the way it is. 

I haven't linked stuff yet as Marianne stated she did but with just this photo and a little in the kitchen I'm coming in at about 46 prims/46 LI. 

I may change to a little more "christmas-y" later but I actually like nontraditional Christmas trees and Christmas.  I had an all fairy tree one year.  I usually do an all Angel tree and use a lot of Victorian antique wrapping papers for example. 

But, I love having this little place...it's pretty and relaxing!  Thank you for sharing about it!   Plus, I had been wanting to do a lavender/lilac colored "home"...I am so glad I finally got the chance too! 

Snapshot_318.jpg

 

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh, I meant how long can they be rented...indefinitely or a just for the holiday season for example? 

That looks great and so pretty with the white and the trees.   As far as I know you can keep renting as long as you pay the rent box once a week. I rented for two weeks to start out. I "guess" is that since this is called the Four Seasons and since this was an all new build, that these places will be around for maybe two and a half months or so when a new seasonal build shows up. That isn't official in any way of course.      There were still a few left when I was over finishing up my place.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is my styling. I ended up using a lot of my own stuff simply because it was much lower land impact.  I SPLIURGED on the fireplace (8 li) as I thought it looked perfect with the beams.   

50l1-2.thumb.jpg.3b46df2167124a559309c49ecb0bc681.jpg

 

Not really much holiday decor but I found this little guy again and couldn't resist.

1569931537_50li3.thumb.jpg.afad168af194516bac58b796ac635aab.jpgDining area with some low LI decor (each is one).  I linked only a couple of things as most of what I had was like 1.4 or so -- hence not "linkable" :D

2039390996_50li1.thumb.jpg.de9c5a7aedcd41d1ee3de8af92e23cc6.jpg

 

And a bird's eye view sort of.

1792110857_50li4.thumb.jpg.509e7f3aa00d5b4a9cb6382b85cad635.jpg

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my first attempt. 50LIchallenge_a.thumb.png.25c14db590ee18bcf21b1a55efcb9646.png

Sky Platform, 2 LI:  Jadin Emerald Design Studio - Simple Building Platform with Bonus Sky Dome/Sky Cube

Rainbow, 1 LI:  Jadin Emerald Design Studio - Rainbow of Hope

House, 21 LI:  MeshMerized,  >MM< Summer House (Past Stay at Home gift)

Couch, 6LI:  Trompe Loeil - Delaney Camp Couch PG (Past Stay at Home gift.)

Bike, original 5 LI, hacked down to 3 LI: *Dench Designs* Decor Bicycle (Past Stay at Home gift.)

Plant, 1LI: Apple Fall 'Butt' Planter

50LIchallenge_b.thumb.png.1e4600b8199e7420762f02e41a8b38da.png

TV, 1 LI:  The Black Forest, Retro TV - Seventies Color Television Set

Beanbag chair, original 2 LI each, hacked to 1 LI:  1NP's Leather Puff COPY

Library, 1 LI:  Pieces assembled from [D.G.]Mesh Bookcase -FULL PERM

Rug, 1 LI;  Self-made, using 'Gingko Late Autumn seamless fabric' texture from Texture Me True

Coat rack, 2 LI: Assembled from {XO} Full Perm Klara Entry

50LIchallenge_c.thumb.png.1bd7f69b3fa3d85351474ce4be9c62f2.png

Bed, 1 LI:  Meli Imako, Full Perm MI Traditional Iron Bed

Desk, 1LI:  Apple Fall,  West Village Industry Office Desk - Black

Computer, 1LI:  Apple Fall, West Village iFall Pro 2019

Books, 1 LI:  MIASNOW,  BOOKS ~Murakami Collection

Desk clutter, 1 LI:  .peaches. Mon Desir Planner - Group Gift

Desk chair, 1LI:  ChiMia:: Adelaide Chair

Clock, 3 LI:  [CYN] Demimonde, Retro Nova Wall Clock (Past Stay at Home gift)

50LIchallenge_d.thumb.png.72925594afecd593a9d1545faf2808f7.png

Total LI: 50

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Here's my first attempt. 50LIchallenge_a.thumb.png.25c14db590ee18bcf21b1a55efcb9646.png

Sky Platform, 2 LI:  Jadin Emerald Design Studio - Simple Building Platform with Bonus Sky Dome/Sky Cube

Rainbow, 1 LI:  Jadin Emerald Design Studio - Rainbow of Hope

House, 21 LI:  MeshMerized,  >MM< Summer House (Past Stay at Home gift)

Couch, 6LI:  Trompe Loeil - Delaney Camp Couch PG (Past Stay at Home gift.)

Bike, original 5 LI, hacked down to 3 LI: *Dench Designs* Decor Bicycle (Past Stay at Home gift.)

Plant, 1LI: Apple Fall 'Butt' Planter

 

TV, 1 LI:  The Black Forest, Retro TV - Seventies Color Television Set

Beanbag chair, original 2 LI each, hacked to 1 LI:  1NP's Leather Puff COPY

Library, 1 LI:  Pieces assembled from [D.G.]Mesh Bookcase -FULL PERM

Rug, 1 LI;  Self-made, using 'Gingko Late Autumn seamless fabric' texture from Texture Me True

Coat rack, 2 LI: Assembled from {XO} Full Perm Klara Entry

 

Bed, 1 LI:  Meli Imako, Full Perm MI Traditional Iron Bed

Desk, 1LI:  Apple Fall,  West Village Industry Office Desk - Black

Computer, 1LI:  Apple Fall, West Village iFall Pro 2019

Books, 1 LI:  MIASNOW,  BOOKS ~Murakami Collection

Desk clutter, 1 LI:  .peaches. Mon Desir Planner - Group Gift

Desk chair, 1LI:  ChiMia:: Adelaide Chair

Clock, 3 LI:  [CYN] Demimonde, Retro Nova Wall Clock (Past Stay at Home gift)

 

Total LI: 50

You don't count the building and platform, since the build is included in the skyboxes that started this challenge... More to decorate for! Congratulations on all the 1 Li furniture. You and me, we are 1 Li hunters. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You don't count the building and platform, since the build is included in the skyboxes that started this challenge... More to decorate for! Congratulations on all the 1 Li furniture. You and me, we are 1 Li hunters. ;)

Yeah, me too!  I believe a good build includes low impact and/or the philosophy of every prim counts...if I can save one for my clients over vanity or laziness, I will. 

Sorry, I forget to give your stuff a LIKE Marianne.  I was doing 15 things at once plus trying to read the current news on coronavirus as many going into lockdowns again. 

p.s.  I have those red lanterns you show in one of your photos -- all of What's Next lanterns are just gorgeous.  I think I have almost all her lanterns/candles, and those are 1 LI too.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the cottages they had on ground, but thought I could never decorate a cottage on 50 Li budget. But then I remember, I have a small cottage myself. I don't think it's the same as they rent out, but it's same style. This is "Frostbite" and I bought it from Trompe Loeil in 2013. It has a fireplace that not all cottages have. But my Li budget of 50 is not reached, so I could use a low li fireplace and still use 50.

(Edit: Isn't it possible to post spoilers, or am I wrong?)

[SPOILER]

Dekute Dekore: 2 sofas, 1 chair, 1 table w decor, 4 li total

4 DDD starry night garland over each window = linked 3 li total

2 rugs from Bazar, linked, 1 li total

DDD christmas tree, 3 li

Puppy in basket 6 li

DDD Victorian kitchen 2 li

2 chairs from Apple Fall 2 li

Table from Apple Fall, DDD A little tray of something and DDD shimmery trio candles, linked, total 4 li

2 What Next winter picture shelf, DDD Let it snow cabinet, DDD Crate shelf 01 total 3 li

Alouette rustic wall sconce 1 li

CP Daniella armchair 2 li

MudHoney Lucie rug, 1 li

Christmas angel w lights 1 li

Garland bows on fireplace – edited off a Dekute Dekore piano, 1 li

What Next Winter bench 3 li

What Next Hanne fireplace tools 1 li

Apple Fall reclaimed frames, linked, total 1 li

DDD Library – skinny b, 1 li

DDD wrought iron chandelier 1 li

TBF Medieval chandelier 2 li

TBF Metal candle lantern red 1 li

OT Victorian side table 2 li

Christmas gift boxes, 2 sets linked, total 1 li

[/SPOILER]

frostbite_008.jpg

frostbite_005.jpg

frostbite_004.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw the cottages they had on ground, but thought I could never decorate a cottage on 50 Li budget. But then I remember, I have a small cottage myself. I don't think it's the same as they rent out, but it's same style. This is "Frostbite" and I bought it from Trompe Loeil in 2013. It has a fireplace that not all cottages have. But my Li budget of 50 is not reached, so I could use a low li fireplace and still use 50.

(Edit: Isn't it possible to post spoilers, or am I wrong?)

[SPOILER]

Dekute Dekore: 2 sofas, 1 chair, 1 table w decor, 4 li total

4 DDD starry night garland over each window = linked 3 li total

2 rugs from Bazar, linked, 1 li total

DDD christmas tree, 3 li

Puppy in basket 6 li

DDD Victorian kitchen 2 li

2 chairs from Apple Fall 2 li

Table from Apple Fall, DDD A little tray of something and DDD shimmery trio candles, linked, total 4 li

3 What Next winter picture shelf, DDD Let it snow cabinet, DDD Crate shelf 01 total 3 li

Alouette rustic wall sconce 1 li

CP Daniella armchair 2 li

MudHoney Lucie rug, 1 li

Christmas angel w lights 1 li

Garland bows on fireplace – edited off a Dekute Dekore piano, 1 li

What Next Winter bench 3 li

What Next Hanne fireplace tools 1 li

Apple Fall reclaimed frames, linked, total 1 li

DDD Library – skinny b, 1 li

DDD wrought iron chandelier 1 li

TBF Medieval chandelier 2 li

TBF Metal candle lantern red 1 li

OT Victorian side table 2 li

Christmas gift boxes, 2 sets linked, total 1 li

[/SPOILER]

frostbite_008.jpg

frostbite_005.jpg

frostbite_004.jpg

Your homes look as beautiful as a Christmas card.  Excellent work with the LI!   The box design of my skybox I find very challenging.  It's not easy to do at all to make it look "homey".  I may try again.   I did put my own floor and walls up and may still work in changing those too. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NOW THERE ARE PRIZES!!!!!!

 

So I was doing a blog post on the new Trompe Loiel home at FaMESHed and decided it would be a good challenge "for me".  Gotta keep busy and hone those skills. So that is in a blog post coming up tomorrow.  The end result is that EVERYONE that takes part in the challenge and posts their photos here or links to their blog on my blog will get ONE free item from ChiC buildings. I think my most expensive item is like $1250 or so.  I don't have gift card or vendors so this is just an EASY way for me to "reward" folks for their efforts. 

 

Everyone already in this thread doesn't need to do a thing. I will take down names off the thread (this of course if your name is the same here and inworld as most are).   So feel free to come shop any time. Just send me a notecard of the item that you want and I will send it on. Link in my post footer. 

 

This challenge lasts until November 15th at midnight. 

ONLY ONE ENTRY PER AVATAR.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw the cottages they had on ground, but thought I could never decorate a cottage on 50 Li budget. But then I remember, I have a small cottage myself. I don't think it's the same as they rent out, but it's same style. This is "Frostbite" and I bought it from Trompe Loeil in 2013. It has a fireplace that not all cottages have. But my Li budget of 50 is not reached, so I could use a low li fireplace and still use 50.

(Edit: Isn't it possible to post spoilers, or am I wrong?)

[SPOILER]

Dekute Dekore: 2 sofas, 1 chair, 1 table w decor, 4 li total

4 DDD starry night garland over each window = linked 3 li total

2 rugs from Bazar, linked, 1 li total

DDD christmas tree, 3 li

Puppy in basket 6 li

DDD Victorian kitchen 2 li

2 chairs from Apple Fall 2 li

Table from Apple Fall, DDD A little tray of something and DDD shimmery trio candles, linked, total 4 li

2 What Next winter picture shelf, DDD Let it snow cabinet, DDD Crate shelf 01 total 3 li

Alouette rustic wall sconce 1 li

CP Daniella armchair 2 li

MudHoney Lucie rug, 1 li

Christmas angel w lights 1 li

Garland bows on fireplace – edited off a Dekute Dekore piano, 1 li

What Next Winter bench 3 li

What Next Hanne fireplace tools 1 li

Apple Fall reclaimed frames, linked, total 1 li

DDD Library – skinny b, 1 li

DDD wrought iron chandelier 1 li

TBF Medieval chandelier 2 li

TBF Metal candle lantern red 1 li

OT Victorian side table 2 li

Christmas gift boxes, 2 sets linked, total 1 li

[/SPOILER]

frostbite_008.jpg

frostbite_005.jpg

frostbite_004.jpg

That is great. I think I remember that cottage! I had it up at MOSP long ago. I don't keep things forever (well a few things I do) and between housecleaning and inventory loss (I bet THAT is where it went -- in the big OOPS where I lost my whole H and G folder) I don't have it any more.  I remember decorating it at Christmas with Cheeky Pea tree. Sure it is "somewhere" in my blog archives LOL. 

 

Be sure and read about your "bonus prize" :D.  You deserve it for sure. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

NOW THERE ARE PRIZES!!!!!!

 

So I was doing a blog post on the new Trompe Loiel home at FaMESHed and decided it would be a good challenge "for me".  Gotta keep busy and hone those skills. So that is in a blog post coming up tomorrow.  The end result is that EVERYONE that takes part in the challenge and posts their photos here or links to their blog on my blog will get ONE free item from ChiC buildings. I think my most expensive item is like $1250 or so.  I don't have gift card or vendors so this is just an EASY way for me to "reward" folks for their efforts. 

 

Everyone already in this thread doesn't need to do a thing. I will take down names off the thread (this of course if your name is the same here and inworld as most are).   So feel free to come shop any time. Just send me a notecard of the item that you want and I will send it on. Link in my post footer. 

 

This challenge lasts until November 15th at midnight. 

ONLY ONE ENTRY PER AVATAR.

 

Ow, but I want to do more looks. I can do that and you count me as just one entry?

I found this fun to do, because I work so different here. If I have a Linden Home or a plot of land, I spend a lot of time on the outside, on landscaping. Only when I start to be satisfied with the outdoors, can I move in and start with furniture and decor. So this "small" space to decorate is done so fast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Ow, but I want to do more looks. I can do that and you count me as just one entry?

I found this fun to do, because I work so different here. If I have a Linden Home or a plot of land, I spend a lot of time on the outside, on landscaping. Only when I start to be satisfied with the outdoors, can I move in and start with furniture and decor. So this "small" space to decorate is done so fast.

Absolutely!    LOL.  That "rule" wasn't put in there for you.  This can become one of those goes on for years threads as far as I am concerned. And yes, it is a different process.     I did some "speed styling" last night as the not so little house I worked on came together quickly. I over-styled of course and had to take some things away but I was very pleased by the look at 50 land impact  (basically six rooms -  I left what would likely be the bedroom empty and put the bed in what was meant to be the bathroom).   It would look spectacular with 100 LI.  

 

I will post those photos here in a couple of days.   

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...